A pod-style Nespresso VertuoPlus is a smart coffee machine that extracts coffee differently according to the barcode of the coffee capsules. It’s fast to heat up and prepares your coffee in as fast as 10 seconds. This machine delivers the best coffee you’ve ever had. Just the one you need!
The fast to heat up and smart Nespresso VertuoPlus is an ideal home coffee maker for those who are always busy and have limited time to prepare their coffee. It’s fairly easy to use and has a user-friendly design. Although you have several options for the Nespresso capsules, would it suffice your coffee addiction? Check out our review to learn more about this amazing machine.
Today’s deals on Nespresso VertuoPlus
What is Nespresso VertuoPlus?
Nespresso VertuoPlus is a pod-style machine that intelligently extracts coffee depending on the capsule you’ll use. Using the Centrifusion™ technology and the unique barcode of each capsule, it’s smart enough to give you just the perfect cup of coffee any time of the day. But, no matter what capsule you’ll use, you’ll get an exceptional coffee quality with a smooth and perfect crema.
- Automatic coffee/espresso maker: Espresso VertuoPlus offers the latest innovation from espresso with an all-new design and colors to complete the perfect single-serve coffee or espresso cup experience. Designed for espresso capsules only.
- Smart coffee maker: Brew the perfect single-serve coffee or espresso drink time after time, thanks to Nespresso's technology using barcodes to deliver the best in-cup results including the perfect cream for large coffee cup sizes. Simply insert the capsule and enjoy freshly brewed coffee or authentic espresso.
This particular model uses more expensive capsules — the Vertuoline capsules. Hence, if you’re a fan of the Original capsules, you might need to shift your preferences and choose the Vertuo capsule that suits your taste. This machine only accepts the Vertuo capsules because it’s designed to read barcodes only available in this new line of capsules.
- Delivers perfectly blend, rich and full-bodied coffee
- Easy and straightforward to operate
- Has excellent build and construction quality
- Very convenient to use — fast to heat up and prepare coffee
- Accommodates a variety of coffee options for more variants
- Reliable for multiple cups of coffee quickly
- Quiet to operate, perfect for office use
- With swivel action water tank arm, so you can easily fit even for small counter space
- Coffee produced has really thick crema
- Has big water tank, can process several cups before refill
- Easy to clean with descaling alerts
- Vertuo capsules are more expensive than the Original capsules
- Larger capsules so take more storage space
- You can’t use other capsules, even those Original capsules
- No hot water ‘on demand’
- Not everyone wants an almost ‘instant’ coffee
- No milk function
- A little expensive
Design and Specifications
Just like any other Nespresso coffee machines, VertuoPlus is straightforward — simple design yet delivers great-tasting coffee. Made of plastic, it has taller design with 16.2 x 12.8 x 5.6 inches in dimension, excluding the water tank.
The 40oz water reservoir is made of transparent plastic with a lid and has a low water line indicator. It can stay at the back of the machine or can swivel out to the left or right for easy refill and to fit into your counter space.
At the squarish top of the machine, you can find the ON/Coffee button. This button has different color light signals — GREEN, RED AND ORANGE — which might take time to familiarize. There’s a silver lever at the top of the coffee outlet that can be used to raise to the top of the machine to feed the coffee capsule.
You can find the detachable capsule container where up to 10 used capsules are dispensed into. It has a very reliable coffee outlet and the adjustable cup support with the drip tray. The platform can be adjusted into different heights — Espresso (1. 35oz), Double Espresso (2. 7oz), Gran Lungo (5oz), Coffee (7. 7oz) and Alto (14oz).
This machine operates with the 19bar pressure pump. It works with 120V power supply with power rating at 1350W. Overall, the item weighs 10.1lbs — quite handy and light. This model is available in two colors variants — red and grey.
Features and Functionalities
VertuoPlus isn’t like those commercial-grade coffee machines that you got tons of functionalities you need to know and master to get a great coffee. However, there are a few features of this machine that are way better than those expensive coffee makers. These include:
- Centrifusion Extraction Technology — The Vertuo products use Nespresso’s very own extraction technology that spins the capsules for 7,000 rotations per minute. This technique blends the coffee and water perfectly, producing a perfect in-cup result with unique taste and aroma per extraction.
- Blend-Specific Brewing — VertuoPlus is intelligent enough to function differently depending on the barcode of the capsule you’ll use. The barcode isn’t the common lines in any product. It looks like a cute design — alternate black and white lines with varying thickness — on the rim of the capsule. This barcode bears the brewing specifications of the particular coffee capsule. So, without lifting a finger, the machine reads the barcode, decodes it and automatically adjusts extraction settings and parameters according to the specifications it reads.
- One-Touch Operation — With just a single button push, the machine will prepare the coffee for you. Once done, it’ll automatically eject the used capsule to the container. Your coffee is ready. Or, you can add another capsule if you need a higher coffee dose for the day.
- Fast Heat Up Time — Waiting time for the system to heat up is between 20-25 seconds. Do you even call it a waiting time? It’s fast indeed with quick brew time, as well.
- Various Capsule Options — It’s undeniable that Vertuo capsule is a bit expensive. But, what about it if it can deliver its promise of exceptional coffee taste with irresistible aroma? This new line of Nespresso capsules offers you 16 freshly brewed coffee and 10 authentic Espresso capsules — each with different intensity and taste. So, you need to taste quite a lot of coffee recipes before finding your favorite. Or, all of them will be your favorite.
Although there are not many features to discuss, you know this machine will make you want more coffee. Pod-style coffee machines like the VertuoPlus really depends on the coffee capsule you’ll use. And, since you know that this machine is equipped with great technology and given that fact that Vertuo capsules are also amazing, what else are you looking for?
Setup and Operation
Like most Nespresso coffee machines, the setup and operation of the VertuoPlus is quite simple. Even beginners without any know-how on coffee machines can operate it by just reading the user’s manual. Since it doesn’t have confusing buttons and controls you can understand how to use it, right after the first time you try it.
However, you might find it challenging to familiarize the button light signals and what they mean. For example, if the button has a steady GREEN light, it indicates that the machine is ready, while steady RED light indicates device error, and so forth. However, all these cases are summarized in the product’s manual.
Now, before using the machine for the first time, there are just who things that you need to handle properly — water tank and the capsule container. The water tank has a special tank arm, which can be rotated or just positioned at the back of the machine. To remove the water tank from the arm, you need to tilt it slightly backward before pulling it up. To put it back, simply put it vertically to position until you hear the ‘click’ sound.
You might find removing the capsule container to be a bit tricky. You need to remove the water tank first before removing the container since it can only be taken off from the back. Once the water tank is removed, slide it sideways — the whole black part right next to the water tank is the capsule container. Slide it sideways back into position and it’ll safely be mounted with a magnet.
Now, you are ready to use the machine for the first time.
Rinse the water tank and fill it with fresh potable water. Then, plug it into the 120V power outlet and ensure that the cup support/drip tray, water tank, and the capsule container are in place and are securely mounted. Press the ON button to start the machine. Blinking GREEN light will flash right after you press it, indicating that it is heating up.
After a few seconds, the button will have steady GREED light to let you know that the machine is ready. Place a container/cup under the coffee outlet and you’re good to go. Simply press the silver lever to open the top to eject the capsule, push it down to close it.
You’re not ready to make a cup of coffee just yet before you clean the system. Now, press the Coffee button three times in two seconds to clean the system. ORANGE light will blink during the operation, which will take up to two minutes before the water will flow into the container.
The whole process will go for five minutes and once done, the button will emit GREEN light, indicating that the machine is now ready to brew your favorite coffee.
This machine is energy-efficient since it will automatically turn off after nine minutes of inactivity. Alternatively, you can turn off the machine manually by closing the machine head and pushing the lever down for three seconds.
Brewing Capacity and Process
Again, since there’s not much anything to press and to turn, brewing your coffee with VertuoPlus is very straightforward. You only got to have a Vertuo capsule, your favorite cup and a few seconds or a minute to spare to watch your coffee being prepared.
Simply turn on the machine and you know it’ll flash a steady GREEN light after 25 seconds of heating up. Make sure you got the water tank filled up with water and you’ve snapped back the capsule container and cup support/drip tray to the position. Now, place a cup on the cup support and adjust the platform to accommodate the cup you are using. For Alto, simply remove the cup support to accommodate the 14oz travel mug.
Push the lever to open the machine head and place the capsule with the dome shape, facing downward and close the machine head. Push the button to start the process. Different light will flash in the button while the machine is reading the barcode and during the coffee preparation.
If you want to interrupt the process, you can push the button again. Or, if not, the button will have steady GREEN light to let you know that the coffee is now ready.
Each capsule is programmed to different volume (or coffee sizes) from 0.3oz to 17oz. To customize the water volume of a particular capsule, insert it to the machine and close the machine head like usual. Now, press and hold the button until your desired volume is dispensed.
The machine will remember the new volume setting, so the next time you insert that particular variety of capsule it’ll dispense your preferred volume and not the preset amount. That’s how smart this machine is.
If you want a cold coffee drink, you can place cold water and ice into the water tank. Place the dedicated cold brew capsule to place and follow the same instructions. You know the system is smart enough to prepare a cold coffee for you, and not a steaming-hot coffee.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Cleaning Nespresso machines are pretty straightforward, but it’s important to follow instructions thoroughly to run the process smoothly without any problem. This will also ensure the longevity of your machine.
With VertuoPlus, you only have a few parts that need cleaning daily or every after use. No portafilters and filter baskets to clean, just the drip tray, the water tank, and the capsule container. After 10 coffee preparations, the container is full and needs emptying and cleaning. Unlike portafilters and ground coffee, it won’t get messy since the coffee will just stay intact inside the used capsule and dry.
Regularly, every after use, you can wipe the exterior with a clean cloth to keep the casing clean and free from spills that’ll soon pile up and hard to remove. You can empty the drip tray often as necessary, but it’s recommended to clean it after each use — you know, hygiene.
Now, descaling the coffee maker is an important maintenance process to be done on schedule to keep the machine to function properly. Thankfully, it’s equipped with descaling alert — steady GREEN and RED light will flash on the button. You can only make a few more coffee preparations when the button signals descaling.
The whole process takes around 20 minutes — make sure that it’s uninterrupted. Otherwise, it’ll be too risky for your machine. It’s very important to know the process by heart, to really lengthen the lifespan of the machine and not break it forever.
Accessories and Add-ons
Nothing is surprising inside the box with the Nespresso VertuoPlus, except that you got the machine. However, as a complimentary welcome gift, you’ll get 12 Nespresso Vertuo capsules — each with individual aroma. These are expertly designed so you get to enjoy your coffee, sip after sip.
You’ll also get your hands on the user manual of this product. Read it to ensure you can use the machine properly.
Who this product is for? / Should You Buy This?
If you are the kind of person who wants the best-tasting coffee without thinking about the process or the machine used, Nespresso VertuoPlus is perfect for you. You get more versatility when it comes with the coffee variety since all you got to do is buy that certain capsule.
Since the machine is smart enough, you don’t need to know how to grind or brew your coffee to prepare a great cup of espresso or cappuccino. Just a press of a button and the machine will do the rest. So, you can rest and wait for your coffee to be ready in seconds or a minute.
VertuoPlus gives you everything you want and allows you to make barista-grade coffee in the comfort of your home — without the need for more manual intervention. So, you won’t develop any barista skills, other than pressing a button or resetting the coffee volume to your taste. Hence, if you want to hone some skills, go to other espresso machines other than the VertuoPlus.
Smart people — coffee lovers — need a smart machine. The Nespresso VertuoPlus is just the perfect home or office coffee maker for you. It’s easy to use and has a user-friendly design. It’s perfect for everybody.
With the smart technology of reading barcodes to achieve optimal extraction, this machine is just as good as a professional barista. And, since, all the Vertuo capsules are made and processed with the highest precision and expertise, you know every single capsule is just like every other capsule.
Whether you want a cappuccino, espresso or iced cold coffee, you can do everything with this machine. It’s powerful and reliable — a perfect home coffee maker that everyone should have. At a very reasonable price, who wouldn’t want a great coffee machine like this?