The smallest and simplest automatic single-serve Nespresso
It’s affordable and quick to make you a good-tasting espresso with luscious crema in minutes.
Easy to operate and maintain very reliable to make espresso or lungo. It has two versions — Breville’s and DeLonghi’s.
What most coffee lovers like about Nespresso coffee machines is that they produce the same coffee quality and taste.
Whether you use a cheaper machine like the Nespresso
This is very interesting, given the fact that everyone can actually afford this machine. So, go over our review to know why it’s a worthy buy.
What is Nespresso
Nespresso is a great brand when it comes to single-serve coffee machines that utilize coffee capsules instead of pods or coffee grounds. Coffee capsules are made of plastic containers sealed with aluminum foil containing ground coffee. Unfortunately, Essenza belongs to closed-system espresso machines which accept Nespresso-branded capsules only.
- Small footprint, very compact design
- Portable and lightweight
- Straightforward operation with ease of cleaning
- Heats up in less than a minute
- Doubles as a water heater for Americano and tea
- Has small capacity, since it’s a tiny machine
- A bit noisy when brewing, but not as noisy as previous models
- Used capsule container only contains up to six capsules, needs frequent emptying
Design and Specifications
The two Essenza versions primarily differ in the design. Breville’s version has a more traditional design with two color options — Piano Black and Pure White. De’Longhi’s version, on the other hand, has curvy design with rounded edges and has three color options — black, lime and red. Both designs are entirely made of plastic.
They slightly differ in the dimensions as well. De’Longhi has 4.33 x 8.07 x 12.8 inches dimension while Breville’s has 4.3 x 8.1 x 12.8 inches in dimension. They both weight at 5.1lbs — very handy and portable.
Essenza features 20.3oz transparent water tank with lid at the back of the machine. No LED low-level water indicator, whatsoever. But, since it’s a compact and small machine, you can easily pull it out and check. The water tank, drip tray, drip base, and drip grid are removable for easy washing.
The used capsule container is at the front that contains up to six capsules before emptying. It’s easily removable and easy to clean since you don’t have any coffee grounds mess. You can also see the coffee outlet where your espresso comes out and dispenses to your cup or mug.
On top, you can find two dedicated buttons — Espresso (1.35oz) and Lungo (3.7oz). Both machines have five-inch cup clearance if you want a taller coffee container. The lever on the top is very useful if you want to put a coffee capsule to start brewing.
Breville’s version heats up in 25 seconds, while De’Longhi’s in 30 seconds. It’s pretty quick! It delivers barista-quality drinks thanks to the 19bar high-pressure pump onboard. Both shut down after nine minutes of inactivity.
Features We Love
Both versions still have the same great features and functionalities. Don’t be fooled that one is better than the other. Because, again, though they differ in manufacturing, Nespresso coffee machines deliver consistent and café-quality espresso packed and sealed in each Nespresso capsule.
- Quick Heat-up — A 25-30 seconds heat-up time is already a time saver for those who want espresso in the morning before going to the office. This is quicker than other machines, even those expensive ones.
- Compact Size — It’s very portable and handy. You can place it at the corner of your kitchen counter, in your dining table (with a power outlet nearby) or in your office desk. It won’t take too much space. People won’t even notice it, if not with its elegant design.
- One-Touch Operation — Indeed, it’s a one-touch operation. Since you are using capsules, all you got to do is insert it into the machine and press the coffee drink you want. It’s programmed to stop once the preset volume is reached.
- High-pressure Pump — It has a 19bar pressure pump, so you can get a cup of your favorite coffee with premium aroma. You’ll get all the delicate flavors and perfect crema for every espresso cup you’ll get with Essenza.
- Energy-Saving Mode — This is a very energy-efficient fella. Not only that it operates at max of 1450W, but it’ll also automatically shut off after 9 minutes. You can also change it to 30 minutes, depending on your needs.
Who this product is for?
For beginners, it’s kinda hard to learn the exact coffee to water ratio that fits your palate.
In fact, if you’re a busy person who doesn’t have the interest to grind your own coffee and create your own recipe, you don’t need this grinder and espresso machine combo.
What you need is the Nespresso
It doesn’t require you to know anything about coffee making and doesn’t demand more memory to familiarize the machine.
Just in one look and you know the end-to-end process of this machine.
With the use of Nespresso capsules, you can prepare your favorite espresso with minimal work. And, since you’re using capsules, coffee consistency have NEVER been a problem. Disposal of the coffee and cleaning, too, are not a burden.
For those who are always on-the-go and for those who crave for an espresso any time of the day, this is the ultimate machine you are looking for. It’s affordable, handy, very easy to use and of course, delivers great-tasting coffee.
Everyone can have the Nespresso
It’s very affordable and makes wonderful espresso in minutes. Quick to heat up, so you don’t want to wait for minutes for the machine to be ready. And, since it’s Nespresso, you know it’s a reliable espresso machine.
Having an Essenza at home is really a wise choice, rather than going to the local coffee shop or spend too much on complicated espresso machines. But, if you want to develop your barista skills or love to grind your own coffee beans, this and any Nespresso products aren’t for you. Nespresso machines only accommodate capsules and reusable capsules filled with coffee grounds.