The smallest and simplest automatic single-serve Nespresso Essenza Mini is a reliable espresso machine at home. It’s affordable and quick to make you a good-tasting espresso with luscious crema in minutes. Easy to operate and maintain very reliable to make espresso or lungo. It has two versions — Breville’s and DeLonghi’s.
What most coffee lovers like about Nespresso coffee machines is that they produce the same coffee quality and taste. Whether you use a cheaper machine like the Nespresso Essenza Mini or the more expensive Nespresso Citiz, you’ll get the same taste of your favorite espresso. This is very interesting, given the fact that everyone can actually afford this machine. So, go over our review to know why it’s a worthy buy.
|1||Nespresso Essenza Mini Original Espresso Machine by Breville, Piano Black||See Latest Deals|
|2||Nespresso Essenza Mini Original Espresso Machine Bundle with Aeroccino Milk Frother by Breville,...||See Latest Deals|
|1||Nespresso Essenza Mini Espresso Machine, Black||See Latest Deals|
|2||Nespresso Essenza Mini Original Espresso with Aeroccino Milk Frother, Handheld Milk Frother, and...||See Latest Deals|
What is Nespresso Essenza Mini?
Nespresso Essenza Mini the smallest espresso machine, yet still features the great features of expensive Nespresso coffee machines. It comes in two versions, the Nespresso Essenza Mini Original Espresso Machine by Breville and the Nespresso Essenza Mini Nespresso Machine by De’Longhi. They only differ in a few aspects, but still delivers quality coffee in minutes.
- Compact and easy to use:
- High-tech: 19-bar high-pressure pump and fast heat-up system (in only a few seconds). easy insertion, automatic piercing and brewing of Coffee capsules
- Performance: Create a barista-style coffee or Espresso drinks every time, thanks to our one-touch operation and extraction system which delivers up to 19 bars of pressure.
- Size: Discover the newest and smallest ever single-serve Espresso maker from espresso by De'Longhi, without compromising on exceptional Coffee and espresso moments. This compact Espresso machine is effortlessly portable and features a sleek design and modern smooth lines, allowing it to fit into anywhere saving valuable counter space.
Nespresso is a great brand when it comes to single-serve coffee machines that utilize coffee capsules instead of pods or coffee grounds. Coffee capsules are made of plastic containers sealed with aluminum foil containing ground coffee. Unfortunately, Essenza belongs to closed-system espresso machines which accept Nespresso-branded capsules only.
- Small footprint, very compact design
- Has award-winning design and aesthetics
- More color choices from the two versions
- Affordable machine among the Nespresso coffee makers
- One-touch programmable button for Espresso and Lungo
- Portable and lightweight
- Straightforward operation with ease of cleaning
- Heats up in less than a minute
- Doubles as a water heater for Americano and tea
- Has small capacity, since it’s a tiny machine
- A bit noisy when brewing, but not as noisy as previous models
- Used capsule container only contains up to six capsules, needs frequent emptying
- With 5-inch cup clearance, but still can’t fit taller mugs
- No descaling alert needs to be mindful of the next descaling schedule
- Only compatible with Nespresso capsules
- Only makes espresso
- For lungo, you need to remove the drip tray assembly to fit it
- Removable water tank is at the back and can’t swivel it to the side
Design and Specifications
The two Essenza versions primarily differ in the design. Breville’s version has a more traditional design with two color options — Piano Black and Pure White. De’Longhi’s version, on the other hand, has curvy design with rounded edges and has three color options — black, lime and red. Both designs are entirely made of plastic.
They slightly differ in the dimensions as well. De’Longhi has 4.33 x 8.07 x 12.8 inches dimension while Breville’s has 4.3 x 8.1 x 12.8 inches in dimension. They both weight at 5.1lbs — very handy and portable.
Essenza features 20.3oz transparent water tank with lid at the back of the machine. No LED low-level water indicator, whatsoever. But, since it’s a compact and small machine, you can easily pull it out and check. The water tank, drip tray, drip base, and drip grid are removable for easy washing.
The used capsule container is at the front that contains up to six capsules before emptying. It’s easily removable and easy to clean since you don’t have any coffee grounds mess. You can also see the coffee outlet where your espresso comes out and dispenses to your cup or mug.
On top, you can find two dedicated buttons — Espresso (1.35oz) and Lungo (3.7oz). Both machines have five-inch cup clearance if you want a taller coffee container. The lever on the top is very useful if you want to put a coffee capsule to start brewing.
Breville’s version heats up in 25 seconds, while De’Longhi’s in 30 seconds. It’s pretty quick! It delivers barista-quality drinks thanks to the 19bar high-pressure pump onboard. Both shut down after nine minutes of inactivity.
Features and Functionalities
Both versions still have the same great features and functionalities. Don’t be fooled that one is better than the other. Because, again, though they differ in manufacturing, Nespresso coffee machines deliver consistent and café-quality espresso packed and sealed in each Nespresso capsule.
- Quick Heat-up — A 25-30 seconds heat-up time is already a time saver for those who want espresso in the morning before going to the office. This is quicker than other machines, even those expensive ones.
- Compact Size — It’s very portable and handy. You can place it at the corner of your kitchen counter, in your dining table (with a power outlet nearby) or in your office desk. It won’t take too much space. People won’t even notice it, if not with its elegant design.
- One-Touch Operation — Indeed, it’s a one-touch operation. Since you are using capsules, all you got to do is insert it into the machine and press the coffee drink you want. It’s programmed to stop once the preset volume is reached.
- High-pressure Pump — It has a 19bar pressure pump, so you can get a cup of your favorite coffee with premium aroma. You’ll get all the delicate flavors and perfect crema for every espresso cup you’ll get with Essenza.
- Energy-Saving Mode — This is a very energy-efficient fella. Not only that it operates at max of 1450W, but it’ll also automatically shut off after 9 minutes. You can also change it to 30 minutes, depending on your needs.
Setup and Operation
You can actually operate this machine with closed eyes — it’s that simple and straightforward. No need to memorize different buttons and controls or swipe through a touchscreen to pick your drink. You also don’t need to know how to grind your coffee beans or even know how the grinder sounds.
You only need the Nespresso capsule. And, you have lots of varieties to choose from. But, you need to stick to Nespresso-branded capsules. If you want other brands or try reusable coffee capsules, do it at your own discretion.
The machine has no ON button. So upon plug-in, press either the Espresso or Lungo button. It’ll blink when heating up for 25 seconds, then, steady light if it’s ready to use.
There’s not much to setup when using the machine for the first time. Simply wash the water tank and fill it with water. Then, without the drip tray, place a 1L container below the coffee outlet. Press any of the buttons to run hot water through the system.
Then, press the Lungo button, repeat it three times. After that, it’s now ready for brewing your favorite espresso for the first time.
Though espresso and Lungo has preset water volume, you can actually program the machine to dispense just the right amount of coffee you need. To do that, plug in the machine and wait for it to be ready.
Simply press and hold the Espresso or the Lungo button. Once the desired water volume is dispensed, release the button and the machine will blink fast for three times confirming the new setting.
Aside from the volume, you can also reprogram the default time for the energy-saving mode and to restore the factory settings of the machine.
Brewing Capacity and Process
Again, Essenza is very easy to operate — even kids or non-coffee drinkers can operate the machine without looking at the product manual. Just remember to fill the water tank, but don’t overfill it.
Simply plug in the machine, press either the Espresso or Lungo button and it’ll be ready after 25 seconds indicated by a steady light. Just lift the lever on top of the machine and place the capsule in the slot. Now, close the lever and place a cup underneath the coffee outlet.
Press either Espresso (1.35oz) or Lungo (3.7oz) button to start. Preparation will automatically commence and will automatically stop, as well. However, to manually stop the process, press the button again.
Your coffee is now ready. Lift the lever and close it right away to eject the used capsule to the container. Repeat the process for as much as you like.
Nespresso Essenza Mini is quite a powerful single-serve espresso machine. Unless if you want to serve espresso to a crowd, Essenza is surely a very reliable machine for daily home use. However, every after six coffee preparations, you need to empty the used capsule container.
Additionally, since the machine has a small water tank, you can only make at most 10 cups of coffee depending on your coffee drink choice and your desired water volume. So, make sure to check the water level before operating the machine.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Since this is a small machine, it’s not hard to clean the exterior on a daily basis. You can use a clean cloth or paper to clean the coffee outlet and inside the machine can be cleaned with damp cloth.
Remove the water tank, the drip tray, drip base and the drip grid to clean them. You can wash them all with odorless detergent, especially the water tank. Rinse them with warm or hot water to ensure they are thoroughly cleaned. Wipe them with clean cloth or paper.
Aside from daily cleaning habit, it’s also required to descale the machine and the water tank. To remove calcium deposit in the tank, you have to use the Nespresso descaling agent. Proper handling of the agent and procedure should be known because it can be harmful.
Descaling the machine is not everybody’s call to do. It requires care and knowledge, because it can damage your machine. Additionally, using the descaling solution requires proper handling knowledge. The whole process can take 15 minutes of uninterrupted operation.
For the complete and step-by-step descaling process, refer to the product manual. You’ll also find troubleshooting procedures in case the machine shows some unexpected behavior.
Accessories and Add-ons
You don’t have many accessories provided with this machine. Actually, you can’t expect a cheaper Nespresso machine to have all the accessories you may want. An instruction booklet is more than enough for you to include in your purchase so you can operate the machine without any problem.
But, Nespresso is generous enough to provide you with 16 OriginaLine capsules to get started. So, you can immediately taste a great espresso after you purchase it. It also has an information folder in case you need it.
Again, we would like to highlight the capsules to be used. After you’ve used all the included capsules, you need to purchase it online on Nespresso website, Nespresso Club, Nespresso Boutique or Amazon, and its partner retailers.
Who this product is for? / Should You Buy This?
For beginners, it’s kinda hard to learn the exact coffee to water ratio that fits your palate. In fact, if you’re a busy person who doesn’t have the interest to grind your own coffee and create your own recipe, you don’t need for this grinder and espresso machine combo.
What you need is the Nespresso Essenza Mini. Anyone, especially busy and frequent coffee drinkers will need this machine. It doesn’t require you to know anything about coffee making and doesn’t demand more memory to familiarize the machine. Just in one look and you know the end-to-end process of this machine.
- NEW LOOK, NEW NAME, SAME GREAT TASTE: This Nespresso OriginalLine espresso coffee pod pack contains best-selling Nespresso capsules (10 each) Capriccio, Ispirazione Roma, Ispirazione Genova Livanto, Ispirazione Firenze Arpeggio, Ispirazione Ristretto
- INTENSITY: Explore the rich tastes of the following Nespresso Capsules Capriccio (Intensity 5), Ispirazione Roma (Intensity 8), Ispirazione Genova Livanto (Intensity 6), Ispirazione Firenze Arpeggio (Intensity 9), Ispirazione Ristretto (Intensity 10)
With the use of Nespresso capsules, you can prepare your favorite espresso with minimal work. And, since you’re using capsules, coffee consistency have NEVER been a problem. Disposal of the coffee and cleaning, too, are not a burden.
For those who are always on-the-go and for those who crave for an espresso any time of the day, this is the ultimate machine you are looking for. It’s affordable, handy, very easy to use and of course, delivers great-tasting coffee.
Everyone can have the Nespresso Essenza Mini. Whether you’re an espresso addict or just starting to explore how great espresso is, Essenza is just anyone’s coffee maker. It’s small, simple and very easy to use.
It’s very affordable and makes wonderful espresso in minutes. Quick to heat up, so you don’t want to wait for minutes for the machine to be ready. And, since it’s Nespresso, you know it’s a reliable espresso machine.
Also Check: Nespresso VertuoPlus Review
Having an Essenza at home is really a wise choice, rather than going to the local coffee shop or spend too much on complicated espresso machines. But, if you want to develop your barista skills or love to grind your own coffee beans, this and any Nespresso products aren’t for you. Nespresso machines only accommodate capsules and reusable capsules filled with coffee grounds.
Today’s Deals on Nespresso Essenza Mini Coffee Machine