An iced caramel latte is one of our go-to drink when we need caffeine, but it’s too hot outside for a regular cappuccino or even a latte.
It’s cold and refreshing and satisfies both our daily caffeine fix and our sweet tooth.
Starbucks has one of the best-tasting Iced Caramel Latte, but we cannot afford to buy one every day.
The best thing we can do is scoured the best and nearest tasting Starbucks Iced Caramel Latte recipe on the internet and make it at home at a lower price.
You even have the option to swap some ingredients and use alternatives for them (adding sea salt to the caramel sauce to make salted caramel sauce).
Here we will dish out our tried and tested recipe for Iced Caramel Latte.
Simple, sweet, and creamy (and almost free) for a hot day.
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee or any coffee of your choosing
- 1 tablespoon of caramel sauce or caramel syrup: optional of using more for toppings
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 1 1/2 cup of ice
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar to taste (or any sweetener of choice)
- 1 tablespoon of heavy cream
- Whipped cream for toppings is optional
- Cinnamon as a dash on top of the whipped cream (also optional)
- Make or brew the coffee remember to keeping it on the stronger side to counteract with the iced caramel latte sweetness.
- You can use different coffee like instant coffee, espresso shot, or cold brew. Leave it to cool a little.
- Add hot coffee to a mason jar or any glass of your choosing, filling about a quarter of the glass.
- Drizzle some caramel sauce or caramel syrup on the insides of the glass.
- Add some ice, however much you want.
- After that, pour the coffee over the ice and then add the milk of you choosing.
- Stir the caramel sauce and sweetener of choice with the hot coffee until incorporated inside the glass.
- Add whip cream on top if and drizzle with caramel sauce or syrup on top for some toppings.
- Serve and enjoy your glass of Iced Caramel Latte!
Hacks for the Best Tasting Iced Caramel Latte ever
For a stronger tasting caramel latte, switch your instant coffee or brewed coffee with a couple of pure espresso shots if a machine is available.
The stronger-tasting shot or even a really strong brewed coffee will cancel out and tone down the sweeter taste of the caramel.
If you are the type of person, who hates the watered-down cold coffee taste, freeze some extra coffee, then use them as ice for your ice cold coffee beverages.
If you have a favorite blend of cold brew, you can use it as your coffee base.
You can use either caramel sauce or caramel syrup.
The only difference is caramel syrup has a more robust caramel flavor than the caramel sauce.
Caramel sauce are more homemade and can be made ahead of time.
You can add different syrups to add another flavor note such as chocolate or vanilla syrup.
You can add toppings to your iced caramel latte like whipped cream and cinnamon powder just like on the coffee shops.
Other Latte-Based Drinks
- Iced Chai Tea Latte Recipe (Starbucks Copycat)
- What is a Spanish Latte? Here’s How You Can Make One at Home
- Caramel Latte Recipe (Starbucks Copycat)
- Latte Macchiato Recipe
What is the difference between Iced Caramel Latte and Iced Caramel Macchiato?
The only difference between the two is the order by which each ingredient is introduced in the cup. A caramel latte is translated literally as ‘coffee milk.’
It follows its name by having the espresso be poured into the cup first, followed by the steamed milk. A caramel macchiato directly translates to ‘stained’ or ‘marked.’
In a caramel macchiato, the ingredients are poured into the cup in the other way: steamed milk first before the espresso shot.
What is in a Starbucks Iced Caramel Latte? How about a Dunkin’ Caramel Craze Latte?
A Starbucks Iced Caramel Latte has espresso in it as the caffeine base.
It is mixed with caramel and vanilla syrup or concentrates shot.
The milk used in a Starbucks Iced Caramel Latte is steamed milk mixed with simple syrup, and caramel syrup is drizzled on top.
On the other hand, a Dunkin’ Caramel Latte has an espresso base too, and caramel concentrates.
It is topped with whipped cream drizzled with caramel syrup and cinnamon syrup sugar.