Coffee shops and cafes offer various recipes that attract customers.
The flat white has gained positive reactions from customers and is one of the bestsellers today.
But until now, some are confused and curious at the same time.
What is a flat white coffee?
Flat white is well-known as an espresso-based coffee with steamed milk contained in it, making it a sought-after coffee. When you compare it to a latte, flat white has a bolder flavor. One more thing that makes it a special coffee recipe is the fact that it is a velvet-textured coffee.
The consistency of the microfoam is necessary for making a perfect coffee that is flat white.
Once you see velvety microfoam bubbles while steaming the milk, it only means a perfect microfoam for your flat white.
Creating a coffee recipe like this, which is an espresso-based drink, can be quite challenging, especially for beginners. Although you already have the ingredients, the proportion should be right. In addition to this, keep in mind the proper preparation and combination of the ingredients.
Facts about flat white coffee
- It is different from other coffee recipes with foam on top. The amount of espresso and milk also makes it different from other coffee recipes.
- Foam and cup size matters to distinguish it. When you compare it to other coffee recipes with foam on top, the flat white has a small layer of microfoam and served in a 165ml or 172mL cup.
- You can define this coffee by the container used to serve it. The use of a traditional ceramic cup or tulip cup makes it different.
- The combination of ingredients is quite a challenge. By simply pouring the ingredients together in a mug, you can’t have a perfect flat white.
- A flat white is not a latte. The way to steam the milk for your flat white is different from that of a latte. Here’s our guide on what a latte is.
Note: Coffee shops from various countries may serve it in a different container.
How to Make Flat White Coffee
- Espresso Machine
- 165ml tulip cup
- 18 g ground espresso
- 100 ml cold milk
- Preheat the cup.
- Prepare the ground espresso and make a double espresso shot.
- Draw it into the cup.
- Measure the cold milk and fill the pitcher.
- Steam the milk using the Espresso Machine to create microfoam bubbles.
- Let the milk and bubbles blend.
- When you see large bubbles, tap the pitcher. You can use the counter-top to make sure you do it firmly.
- Swirl the milk to have the right texture. Consistency matters when making this coffee recipe.
- Use the spoon to fold the milk.
- When the steamed milk is ready, you can now pour it into the cup.
- Create a latte art to make it more desirable to drink.
- Serve and drink while it is hot.
Now that you have read through this article, are you still confused about what a flat white coffee is? Although it has a small layer of foam on top, keep in mind that it is different from a latte. It is not also the same as the cappuccino.
You can try making various coffee recipes such as latte or cappuccino, including the recipe provided, and compare them. When you successfully make it, you will determine its unique qualities.
A cup of this coffee every day is even beneficial for your health, unlike other coffee recipes. You can start making it at home and enjoy it whenever you want. Always keep in mind to drink coffee moderately and take in more water.