Want to know more about thermal coffee makers? Well, here are a few words that might broaden your mind about this type of coffee maker. And, what are its advantages over the ordinary coffee makers?
Thermal coffee maker is just among the various types of coffee maker. Thermal coffee machines can be distinguished because they come with a thermal carafe that holds hot coffee for two hours or more. The thermal carafe doesn’t need to be on top a warmer plate, it’s just designed to hold hot coffee for hours.
If you are a person who demands more than one cup of coffee or needs to serve your team, this is for you. Without the need for warm plate or rewarming the coffee, the thermal carafe preserves the temperature and flavor of the coffee. So, if you want one, check out the quick review below.
Here are our top picks for the best thermal coffee makers in 2020
- Hotter Coffee with expert coffee-making technology to ensure hotter Coffee temperature without sacrificing flavor or quality. Cord length : 36 Inches
- Brew strength control allows you to select regular or bold Coffee flavor
Cuisinart DCC-3400 Thermal Coffeemaker is among the most popular thermal coffee maker in the market. It comes with a coffee-making technology that keeps the brewing temperature to its ideal level, to extract the natural flavor and quality of your coffee.
It allows you to choose the brew strength — regular or bold. With 1-4 cup setting, you can choose a single-serve, if not, you can use the carafe (of 14 cups capacity) to serve your visitors. It’s made of stainless steel with ergonomic handle.
The thermal coffee maker has a backlit LCD display where you can read the settings. You can set it to brew your favorite coffee in the next 24 hours. So, each time you wake up in the morning, you have a freshly brewed coffee.
- Brews a nice cup of coffee, like you expect from Cuisinart
- Coffee stays warm for more than 2 hours or 4 hours
- Works great at first, but soon has leaking problems
- The coffee temperature is too hot for the plastic housing
- Carafe’s pouring spout is poorly designed
- Custom designed 10-cup carafe keeps coffee warm for hours
- Removable water tank for easy filing at your source for fresh water
Skip the long lines in a coffee station and prepare your own with Zojirushi EC-YSC100 Fresh Brew Plus Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker. You can brew and store your coffee in a custom-designed 10-cup carafe. It’ll be kept at 125 degrees for 24 hours, perfect if you’re serving coffee for your visitors.
It has a removable water reservoir that has measure lines (2-10 cups). Its drip prevention mechanism allows you to remove the carafe without spills and drips. All parts involved in the brewing process, including the carafe are BPA-free, so you know its quality.
As for the carafe, it has a thumb activated pouring system, making it easy to serve. It locks and retains the temperature of the coffee inside. Enjoy hot coffee when you need it with the help of its vacuum insulated stainless steel carafe.
- Thumb activated pouring system for ease and minimal escape of vapor from the coffee
- No doubt, its design and craftsmanship are exceptional
- Consistent brewing temperature — 200 degrees
- You’ll get bitter-tasting coffee sometimes
- Brewing may take some time
- Makes a lot of noise while brewing
- Fully automatic 10-cup double-wall insulated thermal carafe coffeemaker with 24-hour programmability
- 1- to 4-cup setting, Brew Pause function, self clean functionality
If you want to bring coffee at work or anywhere you go, brewing it with Cuisinart DCC-1150BK Coffeemaker is a good start. With the fully automatic coffee maker, you’ll extract the greatness of each coffee bean. It’s like you’re taking out a pot full of coffee from your favorite local coffee shop.
It’s double-walled insulated thermal carafe capable of accommodating up to 10 cups. The carafe is sleek and well-designed, so you can bring it around without the hassle. It’s ergonomic and features dripless spout with knuckle guard that safely keeps it in place when you pour a cup of coffee.
It has the option for single-serve coffee with 1-4 cup setting. It also has ‘Brew Pause’ function and a self-cleaning capacity for more convenience. A fresh, great-tasting coffee is guaranteed with a reliable charcoal water filter and gold tone coffee filter.
- It has a cone-shaped removable filter holder that’s easy to take out
- Controls are intuitive and are easy to be familiarized with
- Consistent brewing temperature, produced good-tasting coffee
- More condensation is collected under the lid and stays there
- Pour spout of the carafe is poorly designed, need to literally turn it upside down
- Two ways to brew: Brew a full pot using your favorite grounds on the thermal carafe side or make a cup for yourself using a Keurig k-cup pod or grounds on the single-serve side with this 2-in-1 coffee maker
- Stainless steel, 10-cup thermal carafe: Thermal carafe keeps coffee hot and fresh. Features programmable timer, auto pause & serve and auto shutoff
Hamilton Beach (49966) FlexBrew Coffee Maker with Thermal Carafe is a 2-in-1 coffee maker. It allows you to serve a cup or 10 cups with its thermal carafe. It’s packed with features like other coffee maker, except that its thermal carafe is designed for prolonged storage of hot coffee.
Just like some 2-in-1 coffee maker it has the single-serve brewer and the brewer in the carafe side, each with its own water reservoir. Either brewer produced fresh brewed coffee. Unless if you need a volume of coffee, single-serve coffee is more useful for you.
The stainless steel thermal carafe keeps the coffee hot and fresh. So, if you need a high dose of coffee, this carafe comes in handy. You can enjoy rich and flavorful coffee, even away from your coffee maker.
- Controls are easy to use and setup
- Has a good program timer, although it can be confusing at first
- Parts can be disassembled for easy cleaning
- Takes a while to make even a single-serve coffee
- Needs constant cleaning
- There’s noise when brewing in the carafe side
- Double wall, vacuum insulated thermal carafe keeps coffee warm for upto 2 hours
- Unique spray head ensures even, complete coffee flavor extraction
Have only five minutes for a cup of coffee? Sure, you can even have up to 10 cups of coffee in just 3 minutes with BUNN BT Velocity Brew Thermal Carafe Home Coffee Brewer. You can store the coffee in the double-walled vacuum insulated thermal carafe that extends its hotness up to two hours.
It has an internal hot water tank made of stainless steel that reaches up to 200 degrees for optimal brewing. It has a unique spray head that distributes water evenly to extract complete and rich coffee flavor. So, you’ll achieve the richness and natural taste in every cup of coffee.
- Thermal carafe keeps the coffee hot for at least 2 hours
- Can quickly get a cup of coffee in less than a minute
- Spray head is too strong, overflowing is inevitable
- Can’t get strong coffee no matter how much you add ground coffee
- 10-cup stainless steel double-wall insulated thermal carafe
- Fully automatic with 24-hour programmability, self-clean, 1-4 cup setting and adjustable auto-shutoff (0-4 hours)
Who doesn’t enjoy a coffee maker with lots of reliable features? The Cuisinart DCC-2750 Extreme BrewThermal Programmable Coffeemaker is packed with your favorite features from the manufacturer, which help you achieve freshly brewed coffee you’ve never tasted before.
It’s fully programmable and helps you brew faster (by 25%) compared to other coffee makers. Its ‘Brew Pause’ function allows you to get freshly brewed coffee, while brewing to a 10-cup stainless steel double-wall insulated thermal carafe.
You can choose to have a regular or bold coffee. It has easy-to-fill water reservoir for quick refilling and has a window where you can see the water level. In addition, just like other Cuisinart, it has 60-second reset that allows the machine to recall the settings and brewing process when it’s interrupted.
- Thermal carafe can retain the initial temperature of the coffee for solid 2 hours
- This operates quietly
- Easy to program; knobs and buttons are very reliable
- Coffee is not that hot, rather warm
- Basket is close to the lid; coffee grounds end up inside the lid
- Brew Pause, but long enough to grab a full cup of coffee
- 10-Cup stainless steel carafe keeps Coffee hot for hours
- Removable water tank makes filling easy and is fully washable
If you want a hot coffee all throughout the day, you might need Zojirushi EC-YTC100XB Coffee Maker. Ground coffee is brewed at 200 degrees, which can be stored for hours in its stainless steel carafe.
A 10-cup carafe on-the-go is surely enough for you to go on a busy day. It’s also designed for brewing iced coffee. It has water measure lines that you can check to keep the water-to-coffee ratio and achieve the boldness of your coffee.
Has a washable and reusable permanent stainless coffee filter, so you don’t have to change filters anymore. At any time of the day, enjoy a homemade coffee with this thermal coffee maker.
- Fairly easy to use and clean
- The carafe retains the temperature of coffee for several hours
- Removable filter basket for easy disposal of waste coffee grounds
- Coffee maker doesn’t produce hot coffee
- Front panel display is difficult to read, especially that it’s not inclined
- 12-Cup Thermal Carafe - The large capacity carafe is double-walled and vacuum-sealed to keep your coffee at optimal drinking temperature for hours
- Customizable Brewing Options - Drink your favorite coffee every morning using features like the brew strength selector and the option for small-batch (1-4 cup) brewing that maintains all the flavor of a full brew
Enjoy a cup or two of your favorite coffee right out of the bed with BLACK+DECKER 12-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker. It’s customizable and programmable, allowing you to select strength and cup settings (1-4 cups). The LCD displays the fresh brew timer up to 120 minutes.
Your brewed coffee can then be stored in a 12-cup thermal carafe. It’s double-walled and vacuum-sealed to keep the coffee hot even for few hours. This carafe has ‘No-Drip Perfect Pour Spout,’ so you don’t need to worry about the spills.
Thermal carafe comes with wide-mouth faster and easier clean up, filling and pouring. A cup is equivalent to 5oz. So, if you brew a pot full coffee, you can still share it with your colleagues and friends.
- Can produce a strong cup of coffee
- Small footprint fits countertop corners and kitchen storage
- Recalls the selected strength setting for more convenience
- Thermal carafe is not reliable enough to keep the coffee as hot as the initial temperature
- May have coffee ground spills and overflows as it brews so fast
- Fully automatic with 24-hour programmability, self-clean, 1-4 cup setting, ready tone on/off and auto-shutoff
- Brew pause feature
Cuisinart CHW-14 Coffee Plus Thermal Programmable Coffeemaker is a great multifunctional machine. Be it brewing coffee or just need hot water for tea or cereal, you can do it quickly with this programmable coffee maker. The best thing is, it’s capable of multi-tasking like brewing coffee and heating water for other uses.
You can automatically program it to brew your favorite coffee every morning. You can choose your flavor, whether regular or bold with the strength control. Though you may be using it every day, it can also be set to clean itself to get rid of the residues from previous brewing.
It features a ‘Brew Pause’ functionality that lets you interrupt the process to steal a cup of coffee. Then, the process will resume once you place the thermal carafe in place. The carafe is made of stainless steel, allows storage of your hot coffee without any deterioration or alteration of its taste.
- Thermal carafe has an adjustable warming temperature function to keep the brewed coffee warm
- Hot water dispenser can produce up 185 degrees, good for tea or cocoa preparations
- Simple, easy to use and fantastic coffee maker
- “Red light” signal in the water dispenser side, even when the tank is full, won’t heat the water anymore
- Produce coffee that tastes like burnt plastic
- One-touch brew operation with auto-off
- Carafe lid, filter basket, and showerhead are dishwasher safe
One press of a button can do a lot of magic with Bonavita BV1900TS Coffee Maker With Thermal Carafe. It’s a coffee maker capable of brewing coffee at 195-205 degrees. Thanks to the 1500-watt heater that maintains this optimal brewing temperature ensuring a rich coffee without the bitter taste.
It comes with a durable double-walled stainless steel carafe that lets you store several cups of coffee. If you take off the carafe from the machine, coffee temperature gradually decreases. But, you can still enjoy a hot coffee since it’s still at around 175-185 degrees.
The flat-bottom filter and the shower head aid in the uniform extraction and perfect saturation of the coffee grounds. All plastics are BPA-Free. The carafe, filter and shower head are all dishwasher safe, so you can clean it frequently.
- Makes a good coffee
- Has a lift up lid that can be opened from above or to the side for easy access
- Consistent brewing temperature and reliable spray head
- Plastic water reservoir develops visible cracks through time
- Don’t have a ‘Pause Brew’ option where you can steal a cup of coffee while it’s still brewing
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST THERMAL COFFEE MAKERS
Having a thermal coffee maker is a great thing, especially if you can consume coffee, cup after cup. But, with all the products available in the market, how will you be able to pick the right one? Below are the major aspects that you should look into a thermal coffee maker.
Quality of the brewed coffee depends on the temperature of the water – which is definitely true. If your coffee maker can brew in 195-205 degrees of coffee, guaranteed it’s a good coffee. Most good coffee machines brew in 200 degrees.
Thermal Carafe Capacity
It’s important to take the size of the thermal carafe into consideration, especially if you want to prepare coffee for the whole family. But you don’t need large capacity carafe if your family members have different preferences.
Always remember that though you got a great thermal carafe, it cannot keep your coffee hot, if you only got warm coffee. If your primary purpose of buying a thermal coffee maker is because of the thermal carafe, there are quite a few things you need to check. This YouTube video will give you more ideas on how to check the thermal carafe that can keep your coffee hot/warm for the longest period of time.
OUR CHOICE FOR THE BEST THERMAL COFFEE MAKER
From the 10 best thermal carafe coffee makers, we’re down to two, which is either the Cuisinart DCC-3400 Coffeemaker or BUNN BT Velocity Brew. However, taking into consideration the ideal brewing temperature, the Cuisinart DCC-3400 is the one that can achieve and maintain it while brewing. So, it is our best choice.
Cuisinart DCC-3400 has a thermal carafe that keeps the coffee for hours. It’s easy to use, quick to heat up and if you need a cup of coffee or two, you can have it in less than a minute. Everything seems so quick — that’s why it’s our best pick.
Latest Deals on Our Top Pick