Grinding and brewing coffee requires knowledge and experience. Unless if you want any coffee, not much matters – you can just simply pick any espresso machine or any coffee maker. However, if you are a coffee lover and very particular with your coffee, having the best super automatic espresso machine is a good choice.
Related: Best Espresso Machines under $100
Brewing your espresso or latte in the morning on your pajamas is the advantage of having a coffee maker at home. You don’t need to dress up just to line up at your local store. An espresso machine can do the work to make you work-ready.
And, if you are a novice or just don’t want to do away from all the hassles of a manual espresso machine, having an automatic espresso machine is clever. Super automatic espresso machine helps you get a cup of coffee with a finishing touch from automatic milk frothers or streamers. These machines are highly programmable, perfect for people who enjoy a cup of coffee at a certain time of the day.
Here are our top picks for the best super automatic espresso machines in 2020
- Patented "Cappuccino System" frother that mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth
- Easy-to-use rotary and push button control panel with programmable menu settings and beans container capacity is 8.8 ounces. Coffee grounds container- 14 cups or after 72 hours from first use. Maximum cup height- 4.25 inches. Input power - 1350 watts
Want to brew ground beans or use pre-ground coffee? The DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super-Automatic Espresso/Coffee Machine can serve you your favorite espresso, specialty drinks, and even decaf. It has a bean container that accommodates up to 8.8oz of coffee beans and a has a 60oz removable water container.
This machine has two stainless-steel boilers for great heat distribution and can retain the hotness of the coffee whenever you need it. It prides its patented “Cappuccino System” frother that helps you achieve that rich and creamy cup of coffee. And, with these features, you can have a consistent brewed coffee that has perfect temperature, richness, and flavor.
You can use any cups up to a maximum height of 4.25 inches. It’s space-efficient and not difficult to clean. It has easy-to-use control panel that even new users can easily operate and get used to setting this fella.
- Easy to use and to set up
- Water and coffee containers are easily accessible
- Compact design and very quiet even when grinding
- The beans stuck and grinder stop working sometimes
- Can’t achieve the perfect taste of coffee, sometimes bitter or burnt
- Elegant design, best materials, and high quality workmanship
- Creamy cappuccino and latte macchiato at the touch of a button thanks to detachable, hygienic milk carafe
Saeco, a great brand for coffee maker. With Saeco Incanto Carafe Super Automatic Espresso Machine you can get the best coffee experience. It has all the features you need to ditch your favorite coffee shop and brew your favorite coffee at home, instead.
Reliable ceramic grinders allow you to achieve just the perfect and consistent coffee taste. And, this kind of grinder doesn’t overheat the coffee, preventing the burnt taste of your coffee. It has 8.8oz bean container, a 60oz water container, and 15x waste container.
From the design to functionality, you have the perfect coffee maker you can use each day without tiring. With a touch of a button, you can achieve creamy cappuccino or latte macchiato. The removable brewing unit allows the machine to be easily clean and maintain.
- Change the water temperature
- Get a great latte or cappuccino with a single touch of a button
- Fairly easy to clean and empty the coffee pucks
- It takes a lot of space in your counter, especially since you need to pull out the water tank for refill
- Coffee is not that hot, temperature less than 100 degrees
- Water tank doesn’t have an indicator that water is low until it’s empty
- FULLY AUTOMATIC: Brew delicious cafe-quality coffee and espresso drinks at home with the simple touch of a button; 15 fully customizable drinks include 7 espresso drinks, 5 milk-based coffees, and 3 gourmet teas — all brewed to perfection
- BUILT-IN GRINDER & PERFECT TAMPING: Adjust the grind size (fine to course) by turning the dial in the bean hopper; the machine tamps coffee to perfection (with 35 lbs. of precision stainless-steel pressure) for excellent aroma extraction and rich and smooth crema
One of the best things of a coffee maker is, you can select different coffee drinks – depending on your cravings. KRUPS EA89 Deluxe One-Touch Super Automatic Espresso and Cappuccino Machine offers you 15 fully customizable drinks. You got seven options for espresso drinks, five milk-based coffees, and three gourmet teas.
As the name suggests, you can easily configure this machine with one touch on the OLED screen. For an extra shot or dark coffee, all you need is a single touch of their respective buttons. You can easily adjust the strength/intensity of your coffee by adding more coffee while brewing.
It has an extra-large water reservoir, about 77.8oz. It comes with a height adjustable coffee spout that lets you fit up to 5.5 inches of your favorite mug. The precision stainless steel pressure ensures that each cup of coffee has a consistent, rich and creamy taste.
- Initial setup is quick (around 15 min), succeeding operations is easy
- Water and bean container have a large capacity
- Doesn’t actually froth, all you get is lukewarm milk
- You can’t get hot coffee – only at around 130 degrees
- Need to be regularly cleaned and maintained
- Espresso maker with 15 bars of pressure for perfect coffee drinks
- Brews 1 to 2 cups from either ground espresso or pods
A stainless steel espresso maker like Cuisinart EM-100 1.66 Quart Stainless Steel Espresso Maker is a great machine for an espresso dose every day. It has 15-bar pump pressure that extracts the greatness of every coffee bean for a perfect cup of coffee.
A 53oz removable water reservoir is there to help you prepare a few servings of espresso. It has steam/hot water knob and function knob giving you more versatility. The former allows you to choose either hot water or ‘double drip’ setting while the latter lets you select either steam, hot water or to make a coffee.
It has a commercial steam wand for added flavor and beauty in your cappuccinos and lattes. It’s easy to clean with most of the parts removable like the drip tray, cleaning pins and others. For filter baskets, you can use one or two cup filter for single and double shot espresso, respectively and a pod filter for espresso pods.
- Quick operation, just a single push of a button
- Aesthetic-wise it’s very appealing compared to competitors
- Good for single, double and pod
- Should clean the machine frequently or you’ll end up getting weak espresso
- Excess water drips into the pan, which soon overflows to your counter
- Premier programming - the xelsis lets you program everything. From milk and espresso volume to dose, temperature, and texture only thing holding back your morning drink is you
- User profile - and, once you have your favorite drinks dialed-in, you can save them to your dedicated profile for easy access
Saeco Xelsis SM7684/04 Super Automatic Espresso Machine is a wise choice for coffee makers. It’s a fully programmable espresso machine that lets you save your preferences. It’s innovative and allows you to personalize its use to make it a perfect company whether in the office or at home.
Enjoy preparing one or all 15 different customizable coffee drinks, be it espresso, flat white, milk froth or just hot water for your cereal. The coffee equalizer gives you the freedom to adjust the strength, temperate, volume, milk foam and all other parameters to be able to achieve the perfect taste – even better than your favorite barista.
As mentioned above, you can save your preferences in six user profiles. So, you’ll no longer set the machine each time you use it after another person uses it. With the ceramic grinder and Aquaclean filter, all you get is a pure, perfect-tasting brewed coffee.
- Easy to operate and to make customized coffee drinks
- Comes with everything you need to start brewing like a real barista
- Has a smaller water tank
- Coffee is not that hot needs to be rewarmed, at least around 125 degrees
- SWIPE. SELECT. ENJOY: With automation at every stage, simply swipe and select for espresso, long black, latte, flat white or cappuccino and enjoy caf? quality coffee at home
- DOSE AMOUNT: The integrated conical burr grinder automatically grinds, doses and tamps 22 grams of coffee, similar to the commercial machine in your favorite cafe
A super automatic espresso machine doesn’t need to be expensive to be fully functional. It only needs to be well-built, flawlessly designed, user-friendly and long-lasting. These are among the core characteristics of Breville BES990BSS1BUS1 Fully Automatic Espresso Machine.
With a dose of 19-22 grams of coffee for full flavor, you can achieve the perfect blend of your coffee. With the precise PID temperature control, fluctuations during the extraction process are minimized. Hence, maintaining the temperature for more optimal brewing.
The machine is a work of art as the automated touch screen allows you to swipe and select your favorite coffee – like you’re doing it from a smart device. The conical burr grinder allows you to achieve commercial-grade cup of coffee. Lastly, with the steam wand, you’ll be able to add different milk textures in your coffee, depending on how you want it to look like.
- Can make a single-serve drink in less than a minute
- High-quality espresso maker, very convenient to use
- Milk froth is not good for latte, though the machine is good at making espresso and cappuccino
- Might be more expensive for beginners
- One touch brewing and frothing: bean-to-cup feature with automatic milk frothing for cappuccinos, baby cappuccinos, and milk froth
- Programmable: programmable brewing options for Espresso and Espresso Lungo, cappuccino, and milk froth, with 3 different temperature settings
Gaggia RI8263/47 Velasca Prestige Espresso Machine is an affordable super automatic espresso machine. Even with its low-price tag, it is still packed with great features giving the users more freedom to experiment on their coffee.
It comes with one-touch brewing and frothing function that automatically adds milk froth to cappuccinos and espressos. You can choose from brewing options (espresso, espresso lungo, cappuccino, and milk froth) and from three different temperature settings. The ceramic burr grinder allows you to choose from the 10 fineness settings.
It has a water reservoir in front that has the capacity of up to 54oz. A bean hopper of 10.5oz capacity is also more convenient to use. Lastly, the brew group can be removed from regular cleaning and maintenance.
- Super quiet when it grinds the coffee beans
- Great for making fresh espresso and cappuccino
- Very easy to clean and maintain
- Hard to program and to make the program work
- Crema for the espresso is thin and insufficient
- Don’t fill a cupful of coffee unless you keep pressing the one-touch button
- ONE TOUCH: Prepare 3 Barista quality specialties including Ristretto, Espresso and coffee at the touch of a button - Coffee only
- COMPACT: Slim design, perfect for small spaces
Need a sleek and ultra-compact design for your coffee maker to be placed at the corner? Then, grab a Jura 13626 Ena Micro 1 Automatic Coffee Machine. It’s energy-saving, simple and affordable. However, you got a lot of options for your espresso shot.
It has multi-level grinder micro brewing unit that helps you prepare the best espresso. It has a touch panel that allows you to select user-defined cup sizes and aroma levels.
It’s the best value for money, especially with its energy-saving capacity. It has a programmed switch-off time, especially when not in use. And, it has the patented zero-energy switch that makes the machine more energy-efficient.
- No doubt, it makes great espresso
- It’s compact and space-saving with its small footprint
- Programming in this coffee maker is a good thing
- Machine’s temperamental – one day it works well, the next day it’s mediocre
- The temperature of the coffee is not hot enough
- Needs frequent cleaning, though it’s easy to accomplish
- FROTHING FOR MILK BEVERAGES: Pannarello wand frothing for cappuccinos & lattes. Wand doubles as a hot water dispenser for americanos & tea.
- EASY ACCESS: The dregs drawer, drip tray, and water tank are all within reach and accessible from the front of the machine for quick and easy cleaning and maintenance.
New to espresso coffee makers? Then, you should try the Gaggia Brera Super Automatic Espresso Machine. With its user-friendly display and easy access, you’ll get the hang of it in just one day.
Just the push button controls allow you to see the LED display with all the icons and settings. You can use any cups from 3.25in to 4.5in. Plus, the Pannarello wand froth is perfect to give the finishing touch of espresso and other specialty coffee.
The dreg draw, the water reservoir, and the drip tray are removable. And, if the coffee is not hot enough, you can warm the cups to achieve your preferred coffee temperature. It has a fast heat up system, and brewing the coffee is robust and very efficient.
- Makes great and consistent-tasting coffee
- Easy to clean and maintain, especially the brew group
- Small footprint, space-efficient especially if you have a small kitchen or cabinet
- Needs more time to operate and needs frequent cleaning and descaling
- The grinder clogs frequently
- Has a very small water reservoir
- Fresh Espresso for every cup: the professional burr grinder with 13 adjustable settings grinds fresh beans every time to ensure maximum freshness. You can also use pre-ground in the second chamber. Your choice of regular, specialty or decaf
- Your foam, your way: a manual frother mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth for evenly textured drinks – just the way you like them
The best espresso machine is the one that satisfies that heart of every single coffee-lover. This is what De’Longhi ESAM04110S Magnifica Fully Automatic Espresso Machine is to every person who drinks coffee. Aside from the fact that it’s from a reputable brand, it’s not just a great espresso machine, but the best coffee machine in the market.
It comes with a burr grinder that has 13 adjustable settings for your coffee beans. You can choose between regular, specialty or decaf coffee. For more convenience, there’s another chamber in case you have a pre-ground coffee.
All the compartments are accessible in front. What’s more interesting about this espresso machine is that it “remembers” the details of your preferences from the “strength” of your Espresso. It has an intuitive control panel that helps you change the strength, cup size, and other menu settings easily.
- Brews great-tasting espresso
- Nice integrated steam wand for your milk demands for either your latte or cappuccino
- You can’t refill water tank from the top without a mess, you should take it out
- Not that easy to set up and run for the first time
- Makes loud noise – alerts and clicking even when water and coffee tanks are full
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST SUPER AUTOMATIC ESPRESSO MACHINE
With all similar products in the market, it’s very difficult to single out one super automatic espresso machine without wondering what if you’ve bought the other one. However, if you have a concrete purpose in mind, you’ll be able to pinpoint the best one for the very purpose you have.
Among the aspects you should check are the following:
Maintenance and Cleaning
It’s important to look for models that have auto-cleaning or at least the parts (not so many) can be easily detached and cleaned to make your job relatively simple.
This feature is self-explanatory. It’s important that you should easily get along with your maker. And, if you don’t understand the flow of the process, how will you be able to rely on your coffee machine?
Depending on your use. If you are buying it for yourself or your family, you might need a small-sized machine. However, if you need it in the office or has an extended circle of coffee-lovers, then pickup something that can brew 8 to 10 or more cups at a time.
There are still other considerations in choosing the best. However, Whole Latte Love shows you how to be wise and efficient in choosing your own coffee machine without regrets. Check out their YouTube video, right here.
OUR CHOICE FOR BEST SUPER AUTOMATIC ESPRESSO MACHINE
From the best of the best comes this perfect super automatic espresso machine for all purposes. DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica Espresso Machine is the machine you need. It’s intelligent enough to remember last “strength” setting for automatic set up for the next brew – perfect if you’re using it alone.
Another great feature of the De’Longhi ESAM04110S Magnifica is the steam wand that you can rely in making lattes. Probably the most trusted espresso machine. And, of course, the one machine that gives you your favorite espresso every morning – yes, every morning!