If you want a barista-grade cup of coffee every morning, then, the best pour over coffee makers should be on top of your shopping list. But, if you aren’t familiar with this type of coffee makers, I give you a quick background of the pour over coffee makers.
Pour over is the simplest brewing method that requires your full participation in the process. By the name ‘pour over,’ it literary means you have to pour over hot water to coffee grounds. Allow it to pass through a filter or filter system to your favorite coffee mug.
The process is very simple and straightforward. First, you should be able to select the best coffee grounds and you should have it in medium coarse size (it’s nice to use burr grinder for this). Here, we give an in-depth review of the best pour over coffee makers.
Here are our top picks for the best pour over coffee makers in 2019
- Purchase from Authorized Resellers: e-Home Shopping, Barista Lab, Visions Espresso Service, TheShoppingTimes, Big Kitchen
- Made of non-porous Borosilicate glass which will not absorb odors or chemical residues
If you are looking for an ultimate coffee experience, Chemex Classic Series, Pour-over Glass Coffeemaker suits your taste. This coffee maker is scientifically designed together with the Chemex Bonded filters to bring out perfection to its pour over brewing process. This is made with non-porous Borosilicate glass known to exude any chemical residue or odor.
For best result, 5oz of water should be added to a rounded tablespoon of ground coffee. Depending on your preferences, you can make it as a baseline and change your ratio. First, you got to put a small amount of water to the coffee grounds for it to bloom, extracting the elements from your ground coffee.
You can cover it and put it in the fridge or to heat the coffee again without altering its flavor. However, for perfect brewing, use 200 degrees hot water.
- Much easier to clean than French press
- Coffee is smoother and excellent
- Coffee easy cools down since it doesn’t have any insulating material
- To prolong the hotness of coffee, transfer it to thermal carafe or thermos
- Fragile glass, it seems not a borosilicate
- Pour over Coffee: manual pour over Coffee maker allows you to brew an excellent cup of Coffee in minutes
- Stainless steel: includes a Permanent, stainless steel mesh filter that helps extract your coffee's aromatic oils and subtle flavors instead of being absorbed by a paper filter
Bodum Pour Over Coffee Maker gives the convenience to prepare a cup of coffee without the need of expensive coffee makers. It’s made of borosilicate glass and has a permanent stainless steel mesh filter for more efficient filtering. One brewing process can produce 34oz of rich coffee with all the essential and natural oil retained in each cup of your coffee.
Add ground coffee to its cone-shaped filter, then, slowly add hot water until all the grounds have been soaked. Continue pouring the water, until your desired ratio is achieved. Wait for around 3-4 minutes and your coffee is ready.
- A great buy, given its convenience over its price
- Environmentally-friendly with the permanent filter used
- Not so reliable filter, allows small sediments to pass through
- Plastic and the rubber parts are not very reliable
- More smiles per cup. Baristas agree, pour over brewing unlocks the full potential of coffee. This drip kit is the easiest way to get there. Prepare your taste buds for a flavor fiesta that will leave you grinning like a possum eating a sweet potato
- Get more from your beans. Coffee travels long and far and has the capacity to make you extremely happy. This 14 oz pour over coffee dripper with 100% BPA-free carafe means maximum flavor and minimal effort
In a pour over brewing method, unlocking the fullest potential of the coffee might be a bit challenging. But, with Coffee Gator Pour Over Brewer you can prepare coffee that really tickles your taste buds. The carafe is 100% BPA-free with reliable mesh filter.
The filter allows you to get the most of your coffee (without the beans). It’s made of stainless steel to ensure that all the natural oils and flavor of your coffee is poured into each cup.
To achieve a great-tasting coffee, prepare 1oz medium-coarse coffee grounds and 12oz water (at boiling point). Put the coffee in the filter and slowly pour the water until all water has been poured. Remove the filter and serve.
For easier cleaning, you may use paper filters over the mesh filter to easily remove the coffee grounds.
- Setup is very simple and great for its price
- Glass is pretty thin, but with careful handling, you can keep it for long
- Mesh filter does a great job filtering your coffee
- Quickly cools down after brewing, needs to be transferred to thermos
- Coffee brews faster, so you might not have a strong coffee
- WHAT IS BETTER ABOUT POUR OVER COFFEE AND SINGLE CUP BREWING? Coffee pour overs allow you to extract optimum flavor from your favorite ground coffee. Our unique 3 hole system keeps the coffee from flowing through too quickly and provides the proper brewing time.
- WHAT ARE THE OTHER BENEFITS? Coffee tastes best when it is fresh, the flavors begin to change in as little as 10 minutes after it has been brewed. Our ceramic pour over makes it simple to brew more often, and by just using a brown paper #2 Melitta filter which is compost friendly.
If you want a fresher cup every time you crave for coffee, have a Coffee Pour Over Single Cup Ceramic Brewer Coffee Maker by Simply Charmed. It has 3-hole system that keeps the coffee grounds from flowing to optimize the brewing process.
Since the coffee taste will start to deteriorate 10 minutes after brewing, we assure that this ceramic pour makes brewing quick, yet efficient. So, you still enjoy the freshness and richness of every cup you made. In order to get the best coffee to water ratio, it’s wise to start with 2 tablespoons first — increase or decrease depending on your preference.
- Really makes delicious coffee
- The three holes perfectly regulate dripping for balanced coffee flavor
- Very easy to clean, dishwasher safe
- Single-serve only, not ideal for family use
- Rim doesn’t fit securely on mugs, might tumble and spill your coffee
- Handcraft a cup of coffee with the time-honored Melitta pour-over method.
- Cone coffee brewer uses #2 size cone filters.
If you are looking a pour over coffee maker for family and office use, the Melitta Coffee Maker, Pour- Over Brewer is a great choice. It has large capacity stainless steel thermal carafe that holds up to 10 cups of coffee. Since it doubles as a thermal carafe, you can keep your coffee warm for a few hours.
It comes with a heavy-duty plastic filter and lid. But, don’t worry, it’s BPA-free. It’s also dishwasher safe, so you can toast it into the sink and hand wash with soap.
- Simplest pour over brewer
- Doubles as a thermal carafe
- Brewing process is fast and straightforward
- Pot doesn’t have a spout, so it’s challenging to pour
- Lid might be a little fragile and poorly designed
- Brew Pour Over Coffee like a Pro. at Home- not only incredibly easy to use, and environmentally friendly. Manual Pour-Over coffee is very flavorful and well balanced, allowing you to fully appreciate all the nuances of a well-roasted coffee.
- Better Taste with our Reusable Stainless Steel Filter, Double layered titanium gold, ensures that the most essential coffee oils and nutrients pass through to your coffee, while preventing any grounds from getting into your cup. Smoother and less bitter. And NO MORE PAPER FILTER.
Want to be a professional in pour over brewing process? Go get GVODE Pour Over Coffee Maker. It has a sturdy Borosilicate glass carafe that is lightweight, strong and has anti-thermal shock capacity.
It uses a double screen permanent stainless steel filter that is reusable and washable. This means, most of the original oil and natural flavor of your coffee will go straight to your cup.
Simply add medium-fine (or fine) ground coffee in the filter. Slowly, but constantly add hot water (around 185~197.6 degrees) in a circular manner. Let it stay for a while, depending on your willingness to wait. Serve and enjoy!
- Makes good quality coffee
- Glass has measurement lines for easy preparations
- Easy to clean, but be careful not to break the glass
- Glass is a little delicate, needs careful attention
- Filter poorly keeps all the sediments from the coffee
- Everything you need for a professional, pour-over cup of Coffee at home or work; just add Coffee and water!
- Kit includes: Hario V60 Coffee dripper, Hario V60 Coffee server, Hario Coffee scoop and Hario V60 Disposable paper filters (40-pack)
It’s difficult to find a commercial-grade, professional pour over coffee maker for home or office use. Luckily, Hario has given us the Hario V60 Pour Over Starter Set with Coffee Dripper.
It’s made of borosilicate glass server that is high-tolerant to heat. It has high-grade with BPA-free handle and lid. You can make 1 to 4 cups of coffee in one brewing cycle.
- Measuring scoop is included for easier preparation
- Inexpensive coffee dripper that makes great coffee
- Actually, server is made of plastic
- Glass carafe seems so delicate
- Dripper of pottery made with the warmth to the eye
- It is suitable to the material thermal effect is high compared to the resin, and drip coffee
A three-hole system pour over coffee maker provides perfect extraction and coffee blend. Kalita Ceramic Coffee Dripper has this system and is made of ceramic. Hence, it has a high tolerance to heat.
You can use it with a paper filter to keep coffee grounds away from your coffee. You can easily put in on top of your favorite coffee mug. Wait for a few minutes until the last drop and enjoy!
- Makes consistent and good quality coffee
- Cleaning is really easy and fast
- Very slow to drop for some who wants quick coffee right away
- Some complain of uneven drip, which cause weak coffee
- Premier Pour Over Craftsmanship This 32-oz. coffee carafe pour over dripper is made with heat-resistant borosilicate glass and features an ergonomic, easy-carry design that makes it ideal for single cup use, hosting parties, or all-day enjoyment.
- Hot and Fresh Coffee Up to 12 Hours A double-walled, vacuum-insulated design helps our coffee carafe retain drink temperatures for 12 hours to ensure a bold, fresh-brewed taste from the moment you make it until the last drop.
A little expensive, but is durable pour over coffee maker is what you need in your daily coffee cravings. Asobu Black Insulated Pour Over Coffee Maker is a great machine that lives up to its promise of quality. It’s made of heat-resistant borosilicate glass.
It comes with a 32oz thermal carafe that holds hot coffee for up to 12 hours. The stainless steel micro mesh filter keeps the coffee grounds and all impurities from your coffee. This means you can have a bold, fresh and perfect coffee until its last drop.
It’s eco-friendly, BPA-free and made with food-grade material. It’s easy to clean and portable. You can use it anywhere you go.
- Nice design and very portable
- Really makes a great-tasting coffee
- The lid of poorly made and easily breaks
- Coffee gradually drops its temperature after a few hours
- POUR OVER COFFEE: BISTRO pour over coffee maker automates the popular pour over coffee brewing method; delicious coffee ready in less than 6 minutes, Battery: no battery used
- SHOWER HEAD: A replacement to the traditional drip system, the rubber head showers water evenly over ground coffee beans for a balanced, flavorful cup
A modern version of the traditional drip system, Bodum BISTRO Coffee Maker, Automatic Pour Over Coffee Machine automates the pour over brewing process. Hence, your coffee will be ready in as fast as six minutes. It has a 1450-watt heating element that quickly heats water and maintain its temperature for a more flavorful coffee.
It uses a shower head, like in some home coffee makers, that evenly distributes water to the ground coffee for balance and perfect blend. Instead of disposable paper filter, it uses stainless steel fine-meshed filter to bring out the pure taste of every coffee ground. It has a thermal carafe made of double-wall stainless steel that keeps coffee hot without its bitter taste.
- Has a removable water reservoir for easy refill
- Get rich and flavorful coffee
- Simple and quick way to make pour over coffee
- The most expensive product on this list
- Basket may sometimes overflow, no markings indicate the maximum level of coffee grounds
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST POUR OVER COFFEE MAKER
What do you get from a pour over coffee machine? If you know what type of coffee quality you want from this type of coffee maker, then, you know what to consider in picking one. On top of your preferences, we will also share with you what we are looking for in a pour over coffee maker:
Type of Filter — In this type of coffee machine, the main difference maker of a product from the rest is the filter/filter system being used. Stainless steel filter might be good, but hard to clean for finer coffee grounds. On the other hand, the paper filter is more convenient, yet, absorbs some essential content of the coffee(source).
Portability — Some pour over coffee makers are portable. Consider the material, how big or small it is and whether it’s heavy or light. Unless if you are using it for home use only. Since it’s practical to have a portable pour over coffee machine, it is right to include this in your considerations.
Single-serve or multi-serve — Sometimes, you overlook this parameter and just buy whichever it is that’s lightweight, small and versatile. However, there is a much better product that is multi-serve – and it’s far better than single-serve machine.
This YouTube video is very good in making comparison of the best pour over coffee makers in the market. Go on and check out which of the products is the best.
OUR CHOICE FOR THE BEST POUR OVER COFFEE MAKER
Comparing our 10-best pour over coffee makers, we’re down to two — Chemex Classic Series, Pour-over Glass Coffeemaker and Asobu Black Insulated Pour Over Coffee Maker. Pricewise, the latter is more expensive than the former. But, if you look into the quality coffee and performance, we recommend Chemex Classic Series, Pour-over Glass Coffeemaker.
If the thermal carafe of the Asobu Black Insulated Pour Over Coffee Maker keeps the water hot for hours, then, it’s the wisest choice. However, if you want the fastest way to get a cup of your favorite coffee, use the Coffee Gator. If you are in doubt, make your comparison and share it with us. We’re more than glad get share ideas with you!
Latest Deals on Our Top Pick
|1||Chemex Classic Series, Pour-over Glass Coffeemaker, 8-Cup - Exclusive Packaging - CM-8A||822 Reviews||$43.23||See Deal|
|2||Chemex Classic Series, Pour-over Glass Coffeemaker, 6-Cup - Exclusive Packaging||2,298 Reviews||$43.50 $41.33||See Deal|
|3||Chemex Classic Series, Pour-Over Glass Coffeemaker, 6-Cup with Chemex Bonded Circle Coffee Filters,...||43 Reviews||$67.65||See Deal|
|4||Bodum Pour Over Coffee Maker with Permanent Filter, Glass, 34 Ounce, 1 Liter, Cork Band||1,698 Reviews||$28.00 $15.59||See Deal|
|5||Chemex Classic Series, Pour-over Glass Coffeemaker, 10-Cup with Cover and 200 Count Bonded Square...||16 Reviews||$78.99||See Deal|