Making coffee is an art and if you see yourself with a habit of making coffee every day, you need a kettle.
Even if you have a great coffee maker, sometimes, it always pays to also have one of the best pour-over coffee kettles on the market.
And, speaking of pour-over coffee, there’s one type of kettle that best fits this craft — the gooseneck coffee kettle.
It’s distinguishable through its long and curved spout — adds precision and control as you pour the water into your coffee. Not only will you enjoy the process, you’ll also learn some skills.
In this article, ten best coffee kettles will be discussed. We compare the pros and cons so you’ll know which one to choose.
If you have a hard time choosing the best among the best, we include a buying guide to decide. Read on.
The Best Pour Over Coffee Kettles in 2022
- Fellow Stagg EKG Electric Pour-Over Kettle
- Hario Gooseneck Coffee Kettle
- OXO BREW Pour-Over Kettle
- Barista Warrior Pour-Over Kettle
- Coffee Gator Gooseneck Kettle
- Kalitas Stylish Stainless Pot
- Bonavita Electric Kettle
- Willow & Everett Electric Gooseneck Kettle
- Kalita Wave Drip kettle Pot
- Ovalware Pour Over Coffee Kettle
The best kettle for pour-over coffee should have a balance between ergonomics and functionality. Hence, for the first entry on our list, we have the Fellow Stagg EKG Electric Pour-Over Kettle. Not only that it gives you a wonderful presentation on the table, you have full control over your water temperature for a perfect cup of coffee.
With just a turn of the dial, you can set your desired temperature between 135 °F to 212 °F. Not only that, you can also use the built-in Brew Stopwatch for consistent extraction time. Plus, a sleek LCD screen to show the desired “Set Temp” and “Real-Time Temp.”
It also boils fast as it’s equipped with a 1200-watt heating element. If you want to keep the temperature of your water for long, just hit the HOLD mode and it stays piping hot for 60 minutes.
Now, the spout. Its fluted tip provides to-the-drop precision so you won’t have a drip back. With the handle so comfortable, you’ll surely have ultimate brewing experience.
- Provides precision pouring with zero spills and back drip
- Can easily switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit temperature readings
- Minimalist design with barista-level functionality
- Kind of expensive compared to its alternatives
- Doesn’t last long according to some users
- Displayed temperature is higher compared to the measured temperature
If you prefer a stovetop over electric kettles, check out Hario Gooseneck Coffee Kettle. The body and lid are made of stainless steel, while the easy-grip handle and the knob of the lid are made with phenol resin. It’s designed to be used on IH rangers, gas, and electric stoves.
The advertised capacity is 1,200 ml (full capacity), but for quick boiling, practical capacity is 800 ml only. With this, you can easily prepare roughly 3-4 cups of your best coffee whenever you need it. It’s a perfect match with the Hario’s V60 Coffee Dripper if you have one at home, yet it also works with other drippers.
It features a thin spout that is designed for easy pouring. As a product of Japan, you know of its quality and durability. It’s very easy to use and a stunning add-on to your kitchen and even on your dining table.
- Lovely kettle with a nice lid to keep water from dripping out
- Boil time is quicker than other kettles
- Ergonomic handle so you can use it comfortably
- Stainless steel seems thin and not like the older Hairo products
- Seems to have calcium buildup when using hard water
- No whistle sound or a hole where you can probe a thermometer
Willing to spend more to take advantage of more automatic features? Have a look at the OXO Brew Pour-Over Kettle. This electric gooseneck kettle has tons of enticing features, yet still priced below Fellow Stagg Kettle.
It has adjustable temperature control to help you set your desired temperature between (140 °F to 212 °F / 60 °C to 100 °C). This 1-Liter kettle has a built-in timer where you can refer to keep track of your pour-over process. It’ll automatically shut off after 30 minutes of keep-warm cycle.
Aside from these functionalities, it’s durable and easy to use. It’s made of BPA-free stainless steel and a stay-cool handle. This cord-free kettle has a small footprint with a 360-degree swivel base. There’s a temperature guide on the base to see the best setting for the type of coffee or tea you want to prepare.
It’s simple, compact, and fast. With 1500-watt heating element onboard, no need to wait for so long.
- It has precise-pour gooseneck spout to deliver a steady flow of water
- Adjustable temperature control with powerful heating element
- Great readable display and beeps when your water is ready
- Temperature reading isn’t that accurate
- Will rust sooner compared to other stainless-steel kettles available
- Dial seems a bit gooey out of the box
You know that to make a wonderful cup of coffee every time, you need to achieve optimal water temperature in every preparation. With that being said, the Barista Warrior Pour-Over Kettle is the best for pour-over coffee purists out there. It has an integrated temperature gauge so you can have a spot-on temperature of your hot water.
It has 1.2 L capacity, but you don’t fill it to the brim or else it’ll overflow. With 1 L of water per boiling cycle, it’s enough to prepare several cups of pour-over coffee for the gang. It’s made of 18/8 premium surgical-grade stainless steel with double-layer metal to keep it leakproof and rustproof.
This, too, has a nice gooseneck spout to achieve smooth flow when you prepare your coffee (or tea). Pour the right amount of water at the right speed with utmost consistency to get a consistently flavorful coffee every day.
- Very useful built-in thermometer
- Has double layer base to prevent leakage
- Affordable, yet allows you to achieve consistent extraction
- The handle will get hot when you’re boiling water
- May rust after several uses
- The integrated thermometer can collect the steam and will be hard to read
Living by their mission to put more smiles per cup, Coffee Gator gives you its Gooseneck Kettle. It’s designed and engineered with premium-grade stainless steel, plus the gooseneck spout to deliver steady water flow. And, it’s the first of its kind to have a triple-layer base so you can use it for decades on all stovetops.
No more too hot or too cold water because it has a built-in temperature on the lid. What it does is, it’ll eliminate the guesswork and frustration, allowing you to enjoy your coffee cup after cup. It’ll give you satisfaction and peace of mind knowing that you can always get the optimal temperature of your hot water using this kettle.
It has a maximum capacity of 1.2 L so you can prepare hot water more than you need. You can use it in any kind of stovetop, including induction, electric, ceramic, gas stove, and even your camping stove.
- Easy to use because of the reliable built-in thermometer
- Handle stays cool and no issues with the materials used
- High-quality kettle that produces ideal hot water, rather than fast-boil
- Low-mounted spout, need to rock the kettle to get all water out
- Doesn’t live up to the promise of lifetime use, it’ll rust
- Condensation on the gauge makes it unreadable
If you are looking for an elegant coffee kettle that fits into any kitchen and table, then, the Kalitas Stylish Stainless Pot is a must check. It’s made by the Japanese company, Kalitas, which is known for its beautiful products. Not only that it has stainless steel looks, it’s really made of stainless steel for durability and longevity.
You might observe the yellow ring at the joint of the spout and the pot. This is to make sure that your pot will last. It has a narrow mouth so you’ll pour the water as smoothly as possible. It has a vent on the lid so you can pour gracefully without the restricted airflow.
Weighing around 40 grams, it doesn’t feel like it’s very heavy when you’re pouring over your coffee. However, be careful as the exterior, especially the handle could be very hot. Apart from this, it’s a good kettle.
- Has a good balance and comfortable when you’re pouring
- Even and smooth pour because of its narrow spout
- Beautiful look, stainless steel finish is very sleek
- Lid and handle may become hot when boiling
- Some buyers received this kettle without the vent
- The size of the bottom is smaller compared to other pots
Get more thoughtful features from the Bonavita Electric Kettle. It has a 1000 W heating element for quick heating and a 60-minute hold feature to keep the water at optimal temperature. You can find the temperature control adjustable in one-degree increment from 140˚-212˚F (60˚- 98˚C).
The base has just enough controls, plus a nice LED display to let you know about the real-time temperature reading. You can find the count-up timer to easily keep track of the brewing process. You can find the HOLD button and the TEMP SET button that holds water up 60 minutes and access preset temperatures, respectively.
It measures 10.83 × 7.48 × 7.28 inches with a gooseneck spout for precise control when pouring. Made with brushed stainless steel and BPA-free plastic, it’s designed both for commercial and household use. Whether you want to prepare pour-over coffee or a cup of tea, this kettle can save your day.
- Minimize spills and mess because of the precise gooseneck spout
- Count-up timer is perfect to achieve optimal steeping
- You can adjust temperature setting with a one-degree increment
- Kettle will be lost from the boiling cycle if you lift it from the base
- A few users complained about this kettle displaying an error message
- No beep or sound indicating that your water has already come to a boil
The mirror finish of the Willow & Everett Electric Gooseneck Kettle will surely attract you to have a look at it. It’s just gorgeous, but wait, there’s more. This 1-liter electric gooseneck kettle will help you prepare a great cup of coffee — every time.
It’s made of stainless steel and the plastic on the lid and the handle are all BPA-free. All parts that touch the water are made of 100% food-grade stainless steel with no chemical linings. Whether you’ll prepare coffee or tea, you’ll surely taste purity and freshness in every cup.
The 1000 W heating element helps you boil your water faster. Simply switch on the unit and it will do what it needs to be done. Once the water has boiled, it’ll automatically shut off. It has an airtight spill-free lid to guarantee zero spills to be safe from scalding hot water.
- A cute teapot with no plastic parts touching the water
- Long spout for great precision and consistency when pouring over your coffee
- Quickly heats with minimal emission of steam
- The fill-mouth top is narrower than other alternatives on the list
- Switch can be flipped on by accident
- A lot of users experienced leaking from the bottom
Designed for precision pouring, Kalita Wave Drip Kettle Pot allows you to achieve perfect extraction of your coffee grounds. If the flow of hot water is gushing rapidly into your coffee; this will result in over extraction. On the other hand, if the flow seems restricted, it’ll produce irregular extraction — which results in an undesirable coffee taste.
Thankfully, this kettle features “dragon-neck” or the gooseneck style spout to have a precise flow control for a balanced extraction. Its base is made from 18% chrome which is magnetic to be used on induction stovetops. Yet, this also means it tends to stain — you might want to do regular cleaning to keep its dapper look.
The stainless-steel finish and wooden handle make a brilliant design of this kettle. The handle will protect you from heat — removable and dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. It has a noticeable weight, which could mean thicker stainless steel for temperature stability.
- Well-made and seems to be made of thicker stainless steel
- Can pour non-stop consistently and accurately
- Cover can easily be lifted, yet fits efficiently
- Wooden handle can still be hot — keep it away from heat
- This kettle won’t empty completely compared to other alternatives
- Smaller base and doesn’t fully cover most stovetops
A higher price tag doesn’t always mean the best in the market. And, the best kettle for pour-over coffee doesn’t even need to be expensive. Check the Ovalware Pour Over Coffee Kettle. It doesn’t have a high price tag like the rest on the list, but it has everything you need.
The precision gooseneck spout is designed to pour at the right speed, temperature, and amount. Like a real barista, you have maximum control of the whole process consistent to achieve flavorful coffee cup after cup. It’s very easy to clean and dries fast to prevent rust on the bottom.
Crafted with elegant stainless steel 304 body — an eye-catching add-on to your table. Its handle is fiber-reinforced and heat-resistant to grab the kettle without the fear of burnt fingers. Compatible with most stoves, this pour-over coffee kettle is best for anyone who loves the art of making coffee.
- Elegant design, sleek and fits any kitchen counter or top
- Great spout to pour out water smoothly
- Easy to clean and quite durable for its price
- Seems and the solder marks are still visible even with polish
- Built-in thermometer is optional and may collect water
- Handle and knob do not get hot, but they get warm
To make a desirable cup of your favorite coffee, there are several factors to consider. These include the quality of your coffee, grind size, the method, and the water temperature. Aside from knowing these factors, you must also learn the craft by first choosing the best pour-over coffee kettle.
Must have a Gooseneck Spout
You might have observed that all the kettles we have in this list have gooseneck spout. This is because it’ll allow complete control of how much water you will pour over your coffee. Also, the flow rate is consistent to achieve perfect extraction and the best-tasting coffee.
Adjustable Temperature Control
While there are kettles that have holes wherein you can insert a thermometer for checking, what if you can just set the temperature beforehand? Yes, we believe it’s more convenient since you don’t need to closely monitor the water as it boils. Like a great number of kettles that we mentioned above, you can either choose from preset or dial in your desired temp.
Size and Capacity
This consideration is very important to minimize the hassle of boiling water over and over again. Likewise, it’s also a crucial thing to consider maximizing the investment that you have. You can buy a smaller kettle if you are alone and a 1.2 L or more if you are living with coffee lovers.
All the kettles we have on the list are made of stainless steel. However, there are a lot of kettles also designed for pour-over style coffee that are made of glass and plastic. These materials have both advantages and disadvantages.
Plastic kettles are generally cheap, but they may give a slight plastic flavor and odor to your coffee. Glass kettles are stylish and easy to clean, yet they are heavier and prone to breakage. Stainless steel is durable, yet they may still be heavier and could rust.
In addition to our detailed review above, here is a great YouTube video. It has a thorough description and discussion of the best kettles on the market, in which most of them are on our list. Learn more to make a learned decision.
Our Top Pick
You’ll find the love in the craft of making pour-over coffee with the Fellow Stagg EKG Electric Pour-Over Kettle. It has been the choice of many for years. Not only that it has an interesting design, its functionalities will stun you.
You can take advantage of the adjustable temperature control that lets you dial between 135 °F to 212 °F. It has a built-in Brew Stopwatch wherein you can time the steeping process for better results. The nice readout is perfect to display both your desired temp and the real-time temperature of the water.
Though it’s a bit expensive, it’s only one of the few that can promise ultimate brewing experience. So, whether you need to prepare the best coffee (or tea) in the market, this electric pour-over kettle will help you learn the craft.