It is very convenient to wake up in the morning and just do three simple steps. Pick up a coffee capsule of your favorite flavor. Put it in your coffee maker and place a cup or mug for your coffee. Press the button and wait for the brewing to be done. Very easy!
But, there’s a caveat to that convenience. Most pod coffee machines are expensive, with pricey capsules/pods, as well. But, if you are ready to invest on convenience rather than going through the messy process of grinding, tamping and frothing your coffee, then, getting the best pod coffee machine should be on top of your list.
Related: Best Espresso Machines under 100
There are three common manufacturers of pod coffee makers and capsules — Keurig, Nespresso, and Tassimo. Keurig is for coffee lovers, Nespresso is for espresso-based drinkers and milk-based enthusiasts, while Tassimo has special pods for all kinds of coffee- or milk-based drinks. Our choices may be varied, but, we only select the best.
Here are our the top picks for best single-serve pod coffee machine / maker in 2020
- BARISTA GRADE: Nespresso Inissia by Breville offers an impeccable single serve coffee or espresso cup every time, thanks to its automatic operation and patented extraction system which delivers up to 19 bars of pressure. The Inissia is the perfect coffee machine that fits perfectly into any interior design.
- FAST: Eliminate the wait time with how fast the water reaches the ideal temperature in less 25 seconds in a single touch. This automatic coffee machine gets your perfect cup of coffee or espresso to you fast.
If you are looking an impeccable single-serve coffee maker, your search has finally ended right now. Breville CitiZ Espresso Machine serves a great coffee. With its patented extraction system and its 19-bar pressure pump, you can make great beverages.
It’s designed to reach ideal brewing temperature in just 25 seconds. And, since this machine is automatic, you can brew your coffee in no time. You can choose your brewing size between espresso (1.35oz) and lungo (5oz). Adding ice on your beverages gives you iced coffee.
It features Aeroccino 3 milk frother that aids in making great froth for your coffee drinks. This automatic milk frother is fast, which allows you to make texturing, hot or cold milk foaming without any noise.
- So lightweight, you can move it around
- With auto-off function, in case you forget to manually turn off
- Easy to clean because of its slim profile
- Might be a little noisy when operating
- Not that reliable milk froth
- Brews multiple k-cup pod sizes: (6, 8, 10 ounce) – the most popular k-cup pod brew sizes. Use the 6 ounce brew size to achieve the strongest brew.
- Large 48 ounce water reservoir: Allows you to brew 6+ cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill whenever you need to.
Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker has everything you need in a coffee maker that utilizes K-cup pods. You can brew three different sizes using 6, 8 and 10oz K-cup pod sizes. With the 6oz brew size, you can achieve a stronger brew to help you stay up all night.
It has a removable and easy-refillable 48oz of water tank. Since the water container is large enough, it’ll take some time before you consume all the water. You can enjoy more than 6 cups of coffee in one refill.
To brew your coffee, you just need to insert the pod, then select your desired brew. Brew it and in less than a minute you’ll have a freshly brewed coffee. Don’t forget, to keep the consistency of your coffee quality, you need to descale the machine according to standard stipulations. However, all Keurig brewers should be descaled at some point, make sure to know when exactly.
- Very convenient coffee machine
- You can choose from a wide variety of coffee flavors
- Accepts reusable pods so you can use freshly ground coffee
- Might not get the kind of coffee flavor they expect from Keurig
- Could be more expensive than other models
- Powerful Coffee maker: Espresso Pixie Espresso maker has a 19 bar high pressure pump that allows for a barista style result, unlocking the delicate flavor of each coffee capsule
- Efficient and energy saving Espresso maker: system heats up to ideal temperature in just 25 seconds and automatically turns off after 9 minutes, consuming less Energy
If you are looking for an energy-saving coffee machine, Nespresso Pixie Espresso Machine by De’Longhi is a great choice. It has a faster heating system that helps it achieve the ideal brewing temperature in just 25 seconds. It has a 19-bar, high-performance pressure pump that unlocks the delicate flavor in every coffee capsule.
Also Check: Nespresso VertuoPlus Review
Make your coffee and choose between espresso (1.35oz) and lungo (5oz), which can be easily programmed with just a touch of a button. The drip tray can be removed to accommodate travel mugs and other large single-serve cups. So, you can use your favorite mug for your latte or cappuccino.
It has a 24oz water tank with backlight indicator when the reservoir needs refilling. All used capsules will be automatically ejected to the internal receptacle. Hence, cleaning this machine is easy and straightforward.
- Removable drip tray to accommodate taller travel mugs
- Small and compact design
- Delivers rich espresso with enough crema
- Smaller water reservoir than other models
- Basic model doesn’t have much bells and whistles
- Two ways to brew: Brew a full pot using your favorite grounds on the carafe side, or make a cup for yourself using a k-cup pod or grounds on the single serve side with this 2 in 1 coffee maker
- Single-serve: Brew with K-Cup Pods or without. Pod holder and single serve grounds basket are included. Features cup rest that adjusts to fit tall mugs and doubles as storage. Pod piercing needle removes for easy cleaning to prevent clogging
Hamilton Beach (49976) FlexBrew Coffee Maker is among the most versatile pod coffee machines that serve full carafe brewing in addition to single-serve serving. Each brewer has its own dedicated water reservoir, which can be easily refilled from the top of the machine.
Depending on your mood, you can adjust the strength of your coffee (regular or bold). It has ‘Auto Pause and Serve’ function that steals you a cup while the brewing process is still in progress. Both brewers can brew a maximum of 10oz coffee pods or around 14oz of coffee grounds.
In order to fit a travel mug (at most 8-inch), you need quick adjustments on the cup rest.
- Easy to use and gives the best value
- Coffee hotter and more delicious, especially on the single-serve side
- Full carafe serving makes 12oz of coffee
- If under the cabinet, need to pull out to refill
- Inconsistent coffee taste, especially on large volume
- Takes a while to fill a cup of coffee,
No products found.
Mueller Ultima Single Serve K-Cup Coffee Maker is one of the most versatile pod coffee machines when it comes to the variety of pods it’s compatible with. It’s designed to fit all 1.0 and 2.0 K-cups, as well as most pods available in the market. This gives you flexibility and freedom in customizing your drink options.
It features a rapid brew technology that quickly brews your coffee at an ideal temperature – no warm coffee. For the brewing sizes, you can program the machine to brew one of the five pre-set options – 4, 6, 8, 10 & 12oz cups.
It has a 45oz water tank, which can be removed for refill and cleaning. It has a large opening, so water refilling is not a problem. So, if you are looking for a pod coffee machine to be used at home, this is more than perfect.
- Rapid brew tech for faster heat up and brewing of your coffee
- Removable 45oz water reservoir, easy refill, and cleaning
- Versatile and compatible with almost all kinds of pods
- Cannot fit standard travel mugs
- Not really an all-in-one type of coffee maker
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX: One water filter handle, and one filter to help ensure your beverages taste their absolute best
- BREWS MULTIPLE CUP SIZES: 4, 6, 8, 10, 12oz Enjoy the most popular cup sizes
Not all pod coffee makers make a strong coffee as they promised. However, Keurig K-Elite Single Serve K-Cup Pod Maker makes you a strong brewed coffee just the way you like it. With its ‘Strong Brew’ button, creating a punchy coffee has never been this easy.
It has a large 75oz water reservoir that gives you 8 cups of freshly brewed coffee before you refill. Like the Mueller Ultima, you can also choose from five different cup sizes: 4, 6, 8, 10, 12oz. In addition, you can remove the drip tray to accommodate travel mugs with 7.2-inch height.
This machine is compatible with hundreds of K-Cup pod varieties out there. With a single touch of a button, you can make coffee, hot cocoa, and even tea in less than a minute. Cleaning this machine is a breeze, too.
- Fast brewing and produce great-tasting coffee
- Compact, lightweight and very portable
- Reliable ‘strong brew’ button
- Doesn’t remember settings well, need to set preferences again
- Water dispenses on its own, cannot be stopped
- Get the most out of your SENSEO coffee pad thanks to Coffee Boost technology
- Crema Plus for a finer and velvety crema layer
Equipped with the new Senseo Coffee boost Technology, the SENSEO Original XL Coffee Pod Machine delivers a rich and fresh cup of coffee. This technology utilizes the 45 holes of the coffee pad where the water will spread through. You can customize the strength of your coffee to meet your needs.
It has removable XL water tank (40.6oz) that helps you prepare around 8 cups of brewed coffee before you need to refill the reservoir. It’s compatible with Senseo’s Original XL Coffee Pod machine capsules only, which might not be available to some people in a specific region.
The coffee maker is like a curved and a leaning cylinder with a round base for better support. All parts are removable including the drip tray, so, you have the ease to clean them.
- The Senseo coffee tech spreads water to coffee grounds evenly
- Has auto-off function after 30 minutes from the last usage
- Compatible with Senseo pods only
- It can’t accommodate taller mugs
- Some say coffee needs to be a little hotter
- Large 80 ounce water reservoir: Allows you to brew 10+ cups more before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine; The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill whenever you need to, and on the k575, you can choose from several different nightlight colors to illuminate your kitchen at night
- Multiple k cup pod brew sizes: (4, 6, 8, 10, 12 ounce); brews a carafe (22, 26, or 30 ounce) using k carafe pods, to give you more coffee when you need it. (carafe sold separately)
The modern design of Keurig K575 Pod Coffee Maker makes it a great fit in your kitchen counter. It has an 80oz large water tank that allows you to brew at least 10 cups of coffee.
You can brew a single-serve or carafe full coffee. For single-serve, you got the option to select from the 5 preset sizes – 4, 6, 8, 10, 12oz. For carafe, you can use 22, 26, or 30oz, but this needs to have K-carafe pods.
This pod coffee machine has ‘Hot Water on Demand’ function, so you can prepare cereal for breakfast while waiting for your brewed coffee. It has more programmable settings for strength and temperature, which you can easily read in the extra-large touch screen display.
- You’ll get strong coffee every time
- Hotter cup of coffee, better than another model
- Has a very large water tank, perfect for family serving
- It takes around 3 minutes to heat up
- Brewing process is quite slow compared to others
- Doesn’t have any water level warnings
- PRESSURE BASED SYSTEM - The Esperta is a professional-grade pressure based system that that will allow you to extract and squeeze the most flavor, aroma, and body from the coffee to deliver a high quality cup every time
- EXCLUSIVELY FOR DOLCE GUSTO CAPSULES - The Esperta Single Serve Coffee Maker is exclusively for NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto capsules. Easily prepare gourmet coffees, espressos, lattes, cappuccinos, iced drinks and more. Dolce Gusto patented smart capsules help to keep coffee fresh until the moment you brew, and works with the dolce gusto system to regulate the pressure and ensure every cup is made to your liking
This could be a reliable pressure-based pod coffee machine. The De’Longhi NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Esperta Single Serve Coffee Maker is professionally designed to extract and squeeze the most aroma, flavor and natural taste of your coffee.
This machine is compatible with Dulce Gusto capsules. Hence, you can choose your favorite coffee drink from its wide variety. You can prepare espresso, latte, cappuccino and some more.
It has a readable interface with 7-level LED display, which you can control the size and strength of your coffee. With just a few tweaks of the setting after inserting the capsule, you can make either hot or cold coffee drink. Simply hit the hot or cold button for convenience in making the perfect drink you deserve.
- Can make hot and cold coffee drinks
- Flexible options to choose from 40 different varieties, strength, and sizes
- Pods are quite expensive, especially if you want a latte that needs two capsules
- Only compatible with NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto capsules
- K-Cup compatible brewer makes one cup at a time,Compatible with any brand of single cup pod including Keurig K-Cup pods. Cord length : 32 Inches
- Included Components: SS-10 unit
Cuisinart SS-10 Premium Single-Serve Coffeemaker is a very good pod coffee machine that makes a cup of coffee at a time. It’s compatible with any brand of single-serve pods, including K-cup pods. You can choose from 4-12oz brew sizes.
With its 72oz removable water reservoir, it’ll take a long time before the next refill. It features a ‘hot water’ button in case you need hot water only. Consequently, it has a ‘rinse’ function that lets you clean the inside of the brew chamber without hassle.
It’s highly programmable with adjustable temperature control. It has an auto on/off function in case you are too busy to turn the machine off manually.
- Can use both K-pods and lose ground coffee
- Large capacity reservoir for serving more coffee
- Rinse feature is great in cleaning the brew chamber
- Can’t control strength level
- Just single-serve brewing, no option for a full carafe
- Plastic, so might not be that durable
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST POD MACHINE
The reason why you are choosing a pod coffee machine is because of its convenience and smart technology in making a great cup of coffee. So for now, there we are going to give you tips on how to pick the best coffee machine.
You should take this into serious consideration. Lower bar pressure is better and will give you the perfect blend in your coffee (source).
Experience is the best teacher. So, look for people who have used the product you are eyeing on. Check the product reviews on Amazon or read reviews from reliable sources. This will help you reject bad products right away, so you will be left with good products to choose from.
Most coffee makers give you the versatility to use different cup sizes. However, if you want to use travel mugs right away, only a few accommodates this need. More on how this aspect affects your choice of the best pod coffee machine (source).
This YouTube video gives you additional information not just in choosing the best pod coffee machines, but for other types of coffee machines, as well.
OUR CHOICE FOR THE BEST POD MACHINE
You’ve come to the very end of this review, and now it’s time for us to reveal our best pick. It’s the Breville CitiZ Espresso Machine. It’s versatile and very compact. It’s affordable probably the best buy on the list.
Compatible to almost all capsules, so, you don’t worry much about the brand of the coffee pods, instead, focus on how this machine can pull out a wonderful coffee. With all the positives push all the negatives aside, we are proud to say that we highly recommend Breville CitiZ Espresso Machine for you and for pod machine lovers out there.
Latest Deals on Our Top Pod Coffee Maker