There are only a few articles on the internet that talks about the best filterless coffee makers. In fact, this can be interchangeable with the drip coffee makers.
However, this type of coffee maker utilizes a medium coarse coffee grounds for best results, but still, the process is almost comparable to drip machines.
You can enjoy great-tasting espresso with fine coffee grounds and French press with coarse coffee grounds.
So, how can you enjoy a medium ground coffee?
It’s difficult to distinguish the filtered coffee machine from common coffee makers. But, with intensive research, finally, we come up with our top 10.
And, at the end of this review, we’ll be giving you some tips and, of course, our recommendation.
The best no-filter coffee maker (with permanent filter)
- Bonavita BV1900TS Coffee Maker
- Bonavita BV1901GW Coffee Maker
- Cuisinart DCC-3400 Thermal Coffee Maker
- OXO BREW Coffee Maker
- DeLonghi BCO430 Combination Coffee Maker
- Melitta 1012-06 Aroma
- Brew Express BEC-110BS
- Breville BDC650BSS Coffee Maker
- Technivorm Moccamaster 59691 KB
Bonavita BV1900TS Coffee Maker
Bonavita BV1900TS Coffee Maker With Thermal Carafe is a great coffee maker that works well even with a single press of a button. It’s brewing at an ideal temperature of 195-205 degrees. With the 1500-watt heater, the coffee maker can maintain this temperature for optimal extraction.
The durable double-walled stainless steel carafe allows you to store the coffee for an extended time. Even though the temperature decreases after brewing, if you put it in the carafe, you can still enjoy around 175-185 degrees of hot coffee.
It features a flat-bottom filter and together with the shower head achieves uniform extraction of every coffee ground. All plastic is 100% BPA-free. And, all the rest is dishwasher safe, so cleaning is never a hassle.
- Make delicious coffee
- For easy access and cleaning, the lid can be lifted up
- Showerhead and heater work together to have the best-tasting coffee
- Plastic water reservoir has visible cracks
- Need to finish the brewing process before you can enjoy the coffee
Bonavita BV1901GW Coffee Maker
One-touch brew operation is a convenient way to brew your favorite coffee. Bonavita BV1901GW Coffee Maker takes advantage of that operation. It comes with a tempered glass carafe with a narrow neck to keep the heat.
With the pre-infusion method, the brewing process is not direct. First, it wets the coffee grounds to optimize the flavor. Then, it will be brewed at an optimal brewing temperature of 198 to 205 degrees. The flat bottom filter will then do its best in coffee extraction, giving you a full-flavored coffee.
It comes with a 1500-watt heater that keeps the brewing temperature at the said range. The water tank is transparent and accessible, so it’s easy to refill and monitor the water level. It makes an audible signal when your coffee is ready.
- Fairly easy to use and durable
- Can brew up to eight cups of coffee in just a single touch
- Good at keeping the brewing temperature constant
- Temperature of the coffee gradually drops after brewing
- Needs a thermal carafe, especially for slow drinkers
- Glass carafe is made of plastic
Cuisinart DCC-3400 Thermal Coffee Maker
Perhaps you have seen or heard of the Cuisinart DCC-3400 Thermal Coffee Maker. Cuisinart is a trusted brand in the industry. The system reaches and maintains the ideal brewing temperature so that during extraction, you’ll get the most out of your coffee.
You can choose the brew strength of your coffee — regular or bold. You have the option to select 1-4 cup setting if you want to make a single-serve coffee. Otherwise, you choose the carafe option that gets you 14 cups of freshly brewed coffee.
This thermal carafe has a backlight LCD display where you can double-check your settings and make modifications, when necessary. You can program it to brew every 24 hours or you can just set it to brew right away.
- Expect a Cuisinart quality coffee
- Your coffee will stay hot in 2 to 4 hours
- Has leaking problems after several uses
- The plastic housing will melt for high-temperature coffee
- Carafe spout is poorly designed, difficult to pour
OXO BREW Coffee Maker
Preparing a great cup of coffee is challenging. But, if you have OXO BREW 9 Cup Coffee Maker, you’ll be able to extract the rich flavor and aroma of your coffee. With the right process and right extraction method, you’ll be able to have a cup of coffee you’ve never tasted before.
With an internal heating system, the water is brought to a perfect temperature and held there (197.6-204.8 degrees). Then, water is pumped to the brew basket in a very precise cycle, allowing the coffee to bloom, before full extraction. The intelligent microprocessors keep track of the time, temperature and volume of the coffee from beginning to end.
So, now, you can choose how many cups you want to prepare. Then, enjoy your coffee! It comes with additional features such as an intuitive LED interface with a backlit screen that shows the settings and your preferences!
- Fairly easy to use
- Great LED interface that displays settings and preferences
- Rainmaker shower head dispenses water to coffee grounds evenly
- Brews slowly, coffee may be slightly bitter
- Quite expensive than other models
DeLonghi BCO430 Combination Coffee Maker
- The dual-purpose machine that can both produce espresso and drip coffee
- It has a programmable 24-hour timer that can be easily set to prepare coffee ahead of time.
- It has a front-loading system to conveniently refill water and coffee in the front part to avoid repeatedly moving the machine.
- With a single boiler that does not allow dual preparation of coffee and espresso.
- No built-in grinder, so a separate purchase of a grinder is required.
- Its heating mechanism is not 100% accurate.
Related: Best Combination Coffee Makers
It’s an all-in-one coffee that lets you prepare espresso-based drinks, milk-based drinks, and even hot chocolate. With innovative preparation, you’ll get lattes, espresso, or cappuccino at home. You can brew two drinks at once for more convenience with a full cappuccino system on one end and a coffee machine on the other.
Espresso is steam-prepared, so hot water is pushed to the coffee beans to deliver quality and excellent flavor every time. For drip coffee, you have a front-loading system for water and coffee grounds. This coffee maker combo has a 24-hour programmable timer, which automatically brews your favorite coffee every morning.
- Can brew coffee and make espresso simultaneously
- Can control the strength of your coffee with a push of a button
- Has milk steamer, very easy to use
- Bulkier, especially on smaller kitchen
- No preset amount for espresso and cappuccino
Melitta 1012-06 Aroma
Waking up every morning with a smooth cup of coffee that’s waiting for you is heaven. It seems like you are living in a 5-star hotel in the four corners of your house. Melitta 1012-06 Aroma enhanced that coffee experience by giving you so much comfort and versatility.
With this coffee maker, you’re going to extract the full flavor of the coffee, giving you a rich and smooth cup, whether small or large cups. You’ll have an unbreakable and insulated jug where you keep your coffee to say hot for two hours.
There’s a 125ml removable water tank, capable of brewing 10 cups of coffee. It has a programmable water hardness level and other automatic features. Has a timer display and limescale display, as well.
- Easy to use
- Has huge removable water tank
- Can make a pot full of coffee — 10 cups
- Can’t make a strong cup of coffee, need to decrease water volume
- Difficult to get the right strength setting
Brew Express BEC-110BS
Brew Express BEC-110BS is a great and reliable filterless coffee maker. It features self-auto-filling of water to prevent water mess. It has hot water on demand, so it doesn’t have a recovery time. No need to wait for the water to heat up.
It has an adjustable cup selector that lets you choose from mug to half and full carafe. It comes with a 10-cup thermal carafe that keeps your coffee hot for hours. It’s easy to clean and very functional.
- Small-size make it convenient to use
- Can be connected to a water source, no refilling needed
- Thermal carafe holds hot coffee for hours
- When the timer is incorrectly set, you’ll make mistakes in brewing
- No way to know how much coffee is in the carafe
Breville BDC650BSS Coffee Maker
If you are looking for a coffee machine that gives you flexibility with coffee strength, get a Breville BDC650BSS Grind Control Coffee Maker. You can experiment with your setting since you got 8 strength levels. You can use ½ pound coffee bean or pre-ground coffee.
It has a 60oz water reservoir and 12-cup carafe. This machine can be programmed to auto-start the brewing process. So, it’ll grind the beans and brew the coffee. For best results, you have the power to change settings. You can fully program it to brew you a cup of coffee every morning.
The machine has an LCD screen that displays all your settings and preferences. By removing the drip tray, you’ll be able to use taller cups and travel mugs. So, for your coffee needs, this is your best partner.
- You can change both the grind and the temperature settings
- Has a water level monitor and alerts
- Requires attention to cleaning and maintenance
- Brewing your coffee is longer than another model
Technivorm Moccamaster 59691 KB
Features both a glass carafe and a manually-adjustable brew-basket, the Technivorm Moccamaster 59691 KB is a great drip-coffee machine. It has a unique boiling element that makes the temperature reach between 196 and 205 degrees. When the water reservoir is empty, it will automatically switch down — very convenient.
It’s made with durable metal housing with BPA and Phthalate-free plastics. You can brew a full carafe (10 cups) in six minutes. The glass carafe is also very reliable in keeping the flavor unique. Lastly, the hot-plate is designed to keep the temperature of the coffee between 175 and 185 degrees for 100 minutes before it shuts off.
- Most parts are removable
- Auto switch off conditions are smart
- Brews coffee in six minutes, very fast
- Coffee may be bitter or weak
- The automatic switch might switch a little early
- Quality of plastic is cheap, coffee smells plastic sometimes
There aren’t much of overwhelming competitors of filter coffee machines in the market since most of them are labeled as drip coffee makers. Or, some are totally been labeled differently. So, now, we give you tips on how to identify and choose the right coffee machine for you.
Grind — Make sure the coffee grounds you’re using is a medium grind, says Illy. You can also trace back a bit of the history of the filter coffee machines right from that page.
Total number of cups
This is always one of the criteria when looking for a coffee machine.
You might also want to take this into consideration. There are a lot of filter types, right? Some of them are great and some are not. Make sure to pick just the right and perfect coffee machine for you.
It’s either BUNN NHS Velocity Brew or Bonavita BV1900TS Coffee Maker. Is it the fast brewing capability of the former or the multi-functionality of the latter? Depending on your needs, but it’ clear to us that our choice is the latter.
Given its multi-functionality and customer reviews, this is the only filter coffee machine for us. You may also do your personal comparison to know which among these coffee makers is the best. Will your choice be also our favorite Bonavita BV1900TS Coffee Maker?
This post may contain links that we earn a small commission from, at no cost to you, read more.