If you find yourself going through the list of the best espresso machines for 2019, it means two things. You are very interested in espresso machines or you are looking for a new espresso machine that you can rely on for the whole year. Well, if you are the latter, we are glad you came to our page.
We are actually that first group of people — those who are interested about the latest espresso machines trends, especially this year. We are interested in making research and comparison of the leading products in the market to give you (the buyers) the ease to pick the right product.
We have searched far and wide, read customer reviews and other comparison reports just to get to our top 10 list. Remember that each buyer has his/her preferences. So, the list below is made in order to give buyers a variety of options.
Here are our top picks for the best espresso machines in 2020
- Dose control grinding: Integrated conical burr grinder grinds on demand to deliver the right amount of freshly ground coffee directly into the portafilter for your preferred taste with any roast of bean
- Precise espresso extraction: Digital temperature control (PID) delivers water at precisely the right temperature, ensuring optimal Espresso extraction
You can’t go wrong with the Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine. It has a stainless steel conical burr grinder that ensures consistency and optimal grinding of your favorite coffee beans. In less than a minute, you can extract the greatness of every fine ground of coffee.
You can adjust the grind size and the amount by slightly adding coffee bean in the basket. You can have either single or double wall filter. However, the machine is very inconsistent in dispensing the volume of your coffee.
It has a 54mm tamping control and hand-free grinding. With 67oz removable water tank and a replaceable water filter, you’ll get a few more servings. For effortless milk frothing, a 360-degree swivel action steam wand is always on standby.
- Easy to use, gives you more freedom to control some parameters
- It’s inexpensive and give the best value for money
- Though good grinder, could have been better with ceramic burrs
- Kind of challenging to clean, need to wash by hand
- Semi automatic 3 in 1 espresso maker, cappuccino maker, and latte maker
- 15 Bar Pump System Brews Rich Tasting Espresso Coffee
If you want an espresso, latte or cappuccino, have a Mr. Coffee Café Barista Espresso and Cappuccino Maker. It’s a three-in-one coffee maker machine that gives you the convenience to prepare great drinks right within your fingertips.
It comes with an automatic frother that makes milk preparations quicker. The 15-bar pressure system allows you to get a richer and tastier espresso. It has a single touch control panel allows you to select a single or double shot selection, depending on the drink you want.
Mr. Coffee Café Barista comes in handy. All you got to do is select whether to use single or double filter basket to make its corresponding coffee selection. Add coffee grounds to the filter, refill the milk tank and select how to brew your drink.
Then, you’ll have your drink in a while. Enjoy!
- Efficient cleaning cycle — hassle-free maintenance
- Both milk and water tanks are removable
- Exterior of the coffee machine can be hotter when using
- Barista grade: Nespresso Inissia by De'Longhi offers an impeccable single-serve Coffee or Espresso cup every time, thanks to its automatic operation and patented extraction system which delivers up to 19 bars of pressure. The Inissia is the perfect Coffee machine that fits perfectly into any interior design.
- Speed: In just one touch, ideal water temperature is reached in 25 seconds and you are ready to make 9 single-serve cups of Coffee without having to refill the 24 ounce tank. This automatic Coffee machine gets your perfect cup of Coffee or Espresso to you fast.
Nespresso Inissia Espresso Machine by De’Longhi is reliable in making a fresh cup of coffee every morning. It comes with a patented extraction system with the 19-bar pressure pump that extract every bit of freshness and flavor from the Nespresso Original capsule.
If you are a busy person, you can’t feel that you’re waiting for the machine to be brew-ready after start up. Since in less than 25 seconds, the machine will be ready to brew and prepare your favorite coffee. You can choose from two programmable cup size — espresso (1.35oz) and lungo (5oz).
But, if the lungo cup size is not enough for you, don’t worry. The drip tray can be folded so you can use your favorite travel mug. And, if you’ve got a double-walled travel mug, it’s a perfect way to store your coffee.
- Durable with quality construction
- Foldable drip tray to give room for taller mugs
- Heats up in 25 seconds and makes 9 cups of coffee instantly
- A little noisy when brewing
- Nespresso capsules are expensive
- ☕ PREMIUM ITALIAN HIGH PRESSURE PUMP – Delivers up to 20 bar pressure which like premium professional machines allows for a barista-style result, unlocking the delicate flavor and premium aromas of each coffee capsule during the brewing process and creating an incomparably dense and unctuous crema.
- ☕ ULTRA FAST HEAT-UP SYSTEM - Mueller Espresso Machine only needs about 25 seconds to preheat, then you can get coffee immediately without preheating and within 10 minutes the energy-saving mode will switch off the machine automatically saving you electricity.
Mueller Espresso Machine for Nespresso is known to pull a good drink with a nice aroma. Thanks to its 20-bar pressure pump system that ensure optimum extraction of Nespresso capsules in less than a minute.
It’s very convenient to operate with a single touch of a button. You can have an espresso or lungo, but the volume can be programmed to a certain extent and fill your favorite cup. It makes use of the 27oz water tank, which can make a few more espresso shots before becoming completely empty.
All parts of the machine are dishwasher safe, so you can clean as you please. Likewise, it has auto-off functionality when not in use for 10 minutes. So, you can have peace and worry-free day with this kind of simple, yet impactful feature in your coffee maker.
- Makes delicious coffee quickly
- Adjustable flip up tray to accommodate different cup sizes for more convenience
- Cleaning is very easy as all parts are dishwasher safe
- Accepts Nespresso capsules only
- Programming the volume for your coffee is tricky, doesn’t have a manual for it
- Patented "Cappuccino System" frother that mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth
- Easy-to-use rotary and push button control panel with programmable menu settings and beans container capacity is 8.8 ounces. Coffee grounds container- 14 cups or after 72 hours from first use. Maximum cup height- 4.25 inches. Input power - 1350 watts
If you are looking for a coffee maker with grinder bundle this 2019, you can never go wrong with De’Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super-Automatic Espresso/Coffee Machine. It’s a versatile machine that makes you great espresso, specialty drinks and even decaf. Since it has two stainless steel boilers, you know you’ll get steaming hot drinks every time.
It features the De’Longhi patented “Cappuccino System” frother that helps you achieve the perfect foam of your favorite drinks. You have the option to pull a single or double shot espresso or use any cups of up to 4.25 inches. Its small profile makes it space-saving.
You can actually make use of the grinder with the 8.8oz capacity bean hopper. Enjoy easy operation with this reliable machine. You got a 60oz removable water container, a pretty large capacity for a water container.
- Set up is a breeze, very easy to use
- Water tank and bean hopper are accessible
- Compact design, stable and quiet when grinding
- Some bean may stuck (oily) makes the grinder to stop working
- Sometimes you got bitter or burnt coffee
- Easy insertion and ejection of capsules; Holds 10 used capsules; Removable 34-ounce water tank; For use with Nespresso coffee capsules only
- Integrated aeroccino milk frother; Rapid one touch preparation of hot or cold milk froth for Cappuccino, Latte, Macchiato and Iced Cappuccino
Nespresso D121-US4-BK-NE1 Citiz Espresso Maker is by far among the elite espresso machines when it comes to functionality and features. It’s a compact brewing machine that heats up in 25 seconds. It has a 19-bar high-pressure pump for maximum extraction of each coffee capsules.
It features automatic or programmable coffee volume – for espresso and lungo only. But, the pivoting cup tray can accommodate tall mugs. It has an integrated Aeroccino milk frother with one-touch operation, which allow you to have hot or cold milk froth for your favorite specialty drinks.
It has a removable 34oz of water tank and the used capsule container can hold 10 capsules before the need for emptying. To turn on, simply press either the espresso or the lungo button. It’ll auto shut-off after 9 minutes of inactivity, just like most Nespresso machines.
- Very easy to operate
- Pods can be loaded without any problem
- Milk frother produced can be hot or cold
- No off/on button, very confusing
- Make sure to have water in the tank before loading the pod; loading capsule starts the machine
- Pre-infusion function applies low water pressure at the start of the extraction to gently expand grinds for an even extraction;Voltage: 110 - 120 Volts
- Power: 1650 Watts; thermo coil heating system with integrated stainless steel water coil accurately controls water temperature
If you want to have a great espresso shot, have the Breville BES840BSXL The Infuser Espresso Machine. It comes with 1600W thermocoil heating system and 15-bar Italian pump to ensure optimum extraction of delicate and smooth espresso.
The built-in PID helps maintain the brewing temperature of the machine and minimizes fluctuations. The espresso pressure gauge is very reliable to give the right pressure to the espresso extraction. With this, there is no risk of over- or under-extracted coffee — only a perfectly blended and rich espresso.
It’s 61oz removable water tank that comes with a water filter. This removes impurities and chlorine. Drip tray has wet and dry compartments. So, when the “Empty Me!” indicator is on, you know you have to clean the drip tray.
- Delivers great quality coffee
- Espresso has prefect thick crema
- Easy to operate; water filter can be changed quickly
- Espresso is not hot, need to prewarm cups to achieve preferable coffee hotness
- Pump is pretty noisy
- Pressure gauge stop working
- IT'S ALL ABOUT THE FOAM: The De’Longhi Automatic Cappuccino System creates perfectly layered espresso beverages, with dense, rich, long-lasting foam in every cup from start to finish.
- NESPRESSO CAPSULE SYSTEM: The ultimate convenience. The recyclable aluminum capsules contain the finest espressos for authentic taste without measuring or cleanup. Milk Carafe Capacity (l)- 16 oz (.5 l)
You don’t need to go out to your local coffee shop just to get a perfect Italian espresso. Just buy the Nespresso Lattissima Pro Espresso Machine by De’Longhi, and you’re good to go. It’s also capable of preparing other kinds of coffee drinks.
The good thing about using Nespresso capsules is that, you’ll get finished layered espresso all the time. Unlike when you grind the coffee, you may produce inconsistent grounds along with the inconsistent size of the coffee each time you want to make espresso.
With the thermoblock heating system, 19 bars of pressure pump and the patented espresso system, you’ll get an enjoyable, consistent, quality cup of Italian espresso — every time. One-touch feature allows you to select and make bold cappuccino and creamy latte, aside from your normal espresso. You can do a lot of magic, especially with the carafe milk dispenser included.
- Easy to use, especially for lattes
- You can customize your drinks
- Process is quick and easy, no need to heat up before setting
- Hot milk only reaches to 150 degrees
- Coffee produced is not hot enough
- Automatic coffee clearer works too many times in one use
- 8 inches by 13-1/2 inches by 10 inches
- 1-liter (33-3/4-fluid-ounce) water tank
Nespresso CitiZ Espresso Machine Bundle gives you great freedom to customize your coffee. Bundled with the Aeroccino 3 milk frother, you can get a perfect finish for your coffee drinks. It has 19 bars of a high-performance pump to achieve that premium and delicate coffee flavor.
With the folding cup tray, you can accommodate taller cups like travel mugs. With just one-touch operation, you can pre-program to select and have either 1.35oz espresso shot or a 5oz lungo. For easy cleaning and access, the drip tray, Nespresso capsule container and the water reservoir of 34oz are all removable.
It comes with a fast heating system that achieves an ideal temperature in 25 seconds. Without use, the machine is programmed to auto shut-off after 9 minutes.
- Very space-efficient, perfect for small kitchen counters
- Heats up very fast, only 25 seconds
- Easy to operate and produce great coffee
- Compatible with Nespresso coffee capsules
- Brew only 1oz at a time, can’t be programmed
- Operates very loud and need constant cleaning/resetting
- Luxury at Home: The Klarstein Passionata Rossa 20 espresso machine lends any kitchen or office space a little something extra with a stylish design featuring brushed stainless steel surfaces and colorful accents this machine looks great anywhere.
- Practical: Cleaning after use is simple and efficient thanks to a removable stainless steel mesh drip tray.
You can’t go wrong and unnoticed with the Klarstein Passionata Rossa 20 Espresso Machine. It’s made of high-quality plastic all with a stunning finish. It’s very easy to clean and maintain with removable drip tray and water tank (1.3 quart). You can make 6 cups of coffee before it needs refilling.
You’ll have the freedom to choose between ground coffee or espresso pods. Either way, you can achieve a great-tasting coffee, perfectly blend and not burnt because of its 20-bar pressure system. Milk frothing is available to transform your regular espresso into lattes and cappuccinos.
- Quick to heat and quite
- Accommodates large reservoir
- Pulls a good shot of espresso and other coffee drinks
- Produce barely a warm cup of coffee
- Plastic/rubber portafilter and group basket
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST ESPRESSO MACHINE
With lots and lots of improvements and features in espresso machines, it’s a challenge to just pick one. It’s really very hard to choose since you need to consider so many things:
Manual, automatic or semi-automatic — First thing, first. What do you need in an espresso machine? Your budget? And, your preference in the brewing process? We will bring you into the very bottom of this for you to decide the type of espresso machine you need this year.
Check out our guides:
- Best Manual Espresso Machines
- Best Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Best Semi-Automatic Espresso machines
Features and Functions — It’s important that you need to check the features — one, by, one. Does it have a steamer? A grinder? Can I pull strong espresso shots? Can I brew one full carafe? Can I program it?
Check your Budget — Once you know what you need in an espresso machine this year, you can allocate budget. Or, if you’ve already had it budgeted, then, much better (source). Enjoy shopping!
Our favorite espresso machine for 2019 is still the old, yet powerful Breville Barista Express Espresso Machine. Given its price and all the functionalities it has, it’s still our best pick, will probably be in the next few years.
Its versatility is unmatched and still has more potentials untapped – you can never see anything like this in other coffee makers. We are very satisfied with our choice, so share with us your choice, as well.
Latest Deals on Our Top Pick