It is hard to find the right coffee and espresso maker combo.
With so many options, it can be overwhelming to figure out which one suits your needs best.
That’s why we compiled a list of 10 machines that are perfect for any kitchen – whether you’re looking for an inexpensive option or something more high-end.
Some even come with milk frothers included, meaning you won’t need to buy another expensive appliance if all you want is lattes or hot cocoa from time to time.
The best coffee and espresso maker combos
- Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista
- Nespresso VertuoPlus by De’Longhi
- Nespresso Creatista Plus by Breville
- Breville ESP8XL Cafe Roma
- Mr. Coffee One-Touch CoffeeHouse
- Nespresso CitiZ Espresso Machine
- Miho CM-01A Espresso Machine
- BREVILLE Duo Temp Pro
- Gourmia GCM5100
- Breville Bambino Plus
Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista Espresso and Cappuccino Maker is one the most convenient coffee makers in the market. It has espresso, cappuccino and latte maker. Thanks to the automatic frother, you don’t have any problem making cappuccino and latte anymore.
With its 15-bar pump system, you’ll surely achieve that rich and tasty espresso for the strong punch you need. It comes with a single touch control panel where you can make selections — single or double services.
You don’t need to run to the nearest coffee shop for your favorite coffee. Just brew yourself a cup of coffee with Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista. Select a single or double shot filter, then, add your coffee grounds, refill the milk tank and choose your brew. Viola, you can do it in an instant.
- Programmable cleaning cycle — for hassle free cleaning
- Removable milk and water tanks for easier refill
- Surface could be very hot when using
- Poor milk frother, which will eventually stop working
For an ultimate coffee experience at home or in the office, use Nespresso VertouPlus by De’Longhi. It’s a coffee maker that utilizes the best technology which can be your single-serve coffee or a strong punch of your espresso drink.
With a touch of a button, you can brew your coffee in different sizes — from espresso (1.35 oz) to alto (14 oz). Has a large removable water tank which fills up to 60oz to make a few more single-serve coffee without the hassle of refilling often. It can even serve two cups at a time with just a button — 8oz coffee and your strong espresso.
Also Check: Nespresso VertuoPlus Review
The Centrifusion technology, patented by Nepresso, is the heart of a wonderful and enjoyable cup of coffee from this coffee maker. All you gotta do is insert the coffee capsule and shut the lid. It spins 7,000 rotations per minute, blends with water and delivers the most delicious coffee you need.
- Movable water tank to fit even to small spaces in your counter
- Centrifusion technology allows you to get the perfect crema for your coffee
- Quick to heat up, only around 20-25 seconds
- Only compatible with Nespresso capsules
- Water tank is made of cheap plastic
- Cup platform is small for the big coffee cups used today
This combo coffee machine can turn into a latte maker for its milk frother. Allows brewing different coffee types, including flat whites and latte macchiatos.
Nepresso is a great coffee maker brand with a lot of widely used products. And, one of them is the Nespresso Creatista Plus Coffee and Espresso Machine by Breville. It can be your personal latte maker since it comes with an adjustable milk frother.
You can brew different single-serve coffee, depending on your need — ristretto (0.5 oz.), espresso (1.35 oz.), and lungo (5 oz.). For cappuccinos or latte macchiatos adjust coffee volume and the milk temperature and you’ll have your specialty drink in no time.
A smart TFT LCD display allows you to preview the setting and maintenance for a much easier guide. The built-in milk frother has 11 temperature settings (133-169 degrees). It has a 1.5L removable water tank for a great coffee for you, your family or office mates.
- Space efficient and has an easier cleaning system
- Built-in milk frother with adjustable texture level and different temperature settings
- Has a 1.5 liter reservoir for more servings
- Coffee is only warm and not hot
- Doesn’t product a very good coffee quality
- Machine dispenses too much water
A great coffee maker, specializing an effortless frothing and foaming is the Breville ESP8XL Cafe Roma Stainless Espresso Maker. It’s made of stainless, so, the quality is guaranteed.
This coffee maker can be utilized with single or double espresso shots. And, since it has 40.6oz of removable water tank, you can serve more espresso before having to refill the water tank. The dual-wall filter system serves well to achieve a perfect crema for your espresso.
Lastly, it comes with a 15-bar thermoblock pump, which gives you a barista-style taste and aroma. You don’t need to go to your favorite shop for a punch to keep you awake. You can now make it at home, at your convenience.
- Stunning design complements your kitchen design
- Steam wand produces good frothing
- Dual-wall filter for beautiful crema of your espresso
- Loud noise when turned on
- Coffee came out with so much water
- Poorly designed, can’t see the water level of the reservoir
You don’t need to have a trip to your local coffee shop or endure the long lines and the waiting time. With Mr. Coffee One-Touch CoffeeHouse Espresso Maker and Cappuccino Machine, you can quickly make any coffee drinks you crave for.
With a single press of a button, you’ll be able to make cappuccino, latte or a single or double shot espresso. What’s more to that is a very reliable automatic milk frother that gives that extra touch to your drinks. Since the milk tank is removable, you can easily clean and take leftover milk to storage to be used the next time.
It’s 19-bar Italian pump allows you to achieve the finest taste like it’s done by a professional barista. Its thermocouple heating system heats the water evenly for you to get a hot shot of your favorite coffee. Lastly, its cup tray is adjustable to fit all sizes of mugs and cups.
- Removable automatic milk frother for easy cleaning and storage of leftover milk
- Adjustable cup tray to fit all sizes of cups
- Can’t regulate the temperature of the milk foam
- Need to make your espresso manually
If you want a space-saving, well-designed combo coffee maker, Nespresso CitiZ & Milk Espresso Machine by De’Longhi is the best for you. It’s has a 19-bar pump system that allows you to achieve that barista-grade single-serve coffee and espresso shot.
It’s one of the fastest heating coffee maker that achieves the ideal temperature in just 25 seconds. Additionally, it’s energy-saving as it automatically turns off after 9 minutes when not in use.
To achieve a perfect finish of your coffee, an Aeroccino 3 milk frother is included to make your coffee creamier. It comes with a 34oz water tank, which is very easy to clean. Lastly, it has an adjustable cup size which can accommodate espresso (1.35 oz) and lungo (5 oz) cups for your preferred volume of coffee.
- Great milk frother for finely textured milk froth in a few seconds
- Versatile Nespresso that uses different brands of pods
- Easy to clean and won’t take so much space on your counter
- Gives warm coffee, not hot
- Machine makes some noise while brewing
- Water container is at the back, might be hard to access and monitor water levels
It offers a 3-in-1 function and makes rich-tasting latte, cappuccino, and espresso. At a time, this can make up to four cups of espresso in four minutes.
Miho CM-01A Espresso Machine is a 3-in-1 coffee maker — espresso, latte and cappuccino. It has 3.5-bar pressure pump with high temperature to produce thicker cream for your espresso. This machine is also good at making great froths for your latte.
It has a switch knob on the side with a light indicator for ease of use. Miho CM-01A can make 4 cups (250ml) of espresso in just 4 minutes. For a stronger espresso, you have to make finer grounds as it doesn’t have strength settings to rely on.
The carafe is transparent and has a water level indicator. Stainless steel filter has a volume gauge for coffee grounds. Plus, the filter is removable for washing and thorough cleaning.
- Carafe has water level gauge, the filter has coffee grounds volume gauge
- Perfect for making espresso (and more) without breaking the bank
- For strong espresso, just add finer grounds as it doesn’t have any strength settings
- Not available on Amazon.com
Anyone should have a reliable, multifunctional combo coffee maker at home. So, if you are looking for the perfect machine for your coffee needs, the BREVILLE Duo Temp Pro Espresso Machine is at your service.
Also Read: Breville Duo Temp Pro Review
You can achieve a perfect balance of your coffee flavor with its 15 bar Italian-made pump. It starts low and gradually increases the pressure for the extraction to produce the perfect blend of sweetness and bitterness. Whether you want a cup of espresso or cappuccino, this coffee maker will surely do its thing.
This machine has a lot of notable features, but for this review, we are only going to mention a few. It has 61oz water tank to be able to prepare more coffee, whenever you need it. The dose of the ground coffee is around 19-22 g for full flavor and perfect richness of your coffee.
- Maintain temperature during extraction with digital temperature control (PID) technology
- Automatic purging of the heat system, ready for the next extraction
- Has manual steam wand that allows you to get the micro-foam texture of your coffee
- Not very user friendly
- No auto-off functionality, needs to be turned off manually
Fully customizable coffee maker with an easy-to-read LED and arrow controls. Convenience for its built-in milk frother.
Being picky with your coffee machine is not a bad thing, especially if you choose Gourmia GCM5100 One Touch Multi Capsule Coffee & Espresso Machine. It’s fully customizable and has a lot of convenient features.
It’s a versatile machine that allows you to use different capsules. It has a color-coded cartridge for coffee and espresso. Has 14 capsule auto eject/collect system so you can easily collect used capsules from the storage container. This prevents the mess and having to get used capsules every time you brew.
It has an LED display that shows your settings and your preferences like the brewing temperature and the cup size. It’s removable 40oz water reservoir is perfect to prepare a few cups of your favorite coffee. With its 19-bar extraction system, you’ll make bold espresso with a simple touch of the controls.
- Built-in milk frother for more convenience adding froth
- Fully automatic machine, gives you the comfort of touch controls
- Compatible with espresso cups and K-cups
- Waste bin for used capsules has water in it
- Highest temperature setting doesn’t reach the ideal temperature
- On/Off and brew pads are very sensitive
For a busy man that doesn’t have minutes to wait for their coffee, the Breville BES500BSS Bambino Plus Espresso is the one that suits your taste. It has the fastest heating system of only 3 seconds. You don’t have to wait and get frustrated waiting for just a cup of coffee.
To achieve professionally brewed coffee, this machine comes with low pressure pre-infusion system. This technique starts at low pressure, then gradually increase the pressure to completely extract the natural flavor of every coffee bean. So, there is consistency in every cup of coffee that you get from this coffee maker.
The fanciest feature of this coffee maker is the automatic steam wand that helps you achieve the microfoam and any latte art. You can adjust the milk temperature and the coffee texture. So, you’ll get not just a perfect blend of coffee, but an extraordinary cup of coffee with an interesting wisp of milk.
- Fast heating up system in just 3 seconds
- Very compact design, perfect to slide it under your kitchen cabinets
- Removable drip tray for easy dumping and cleaning
- Smaller removable drip tray, so needs more trips to the sink to throw spills
- Might be lacking in some ways
How to Choose the Best Coffee and Espresso Maker Combo?
To pick out the combo coffee maker, you have to bear in mind the following:
Compact Design — If you’re saving some space, a combo is good. Check the controls, water tank and bean container/capsule slot. Make sure you can access them without the need to pull out and push back each time you use the machine.
Pods or Ground Coffee — Pods are more convenient since you can buy it anywhere without the need to grind your coffee beans (source). The disadvantage is, you can’t make the best specialty drinks out of it. But, it’s purely subjective, depending on your taste and preferences.
Size and volume of coffee — It is important to consider this feature, especially if you’re using it at home. Consider the number of users and their preferences, as well.
Check out: Our latest guide on the best latte machine.
What’s the difference in a coffee maker and espresso maker?
A coffee maker brews coffee using water heated in the upper chamber of the machine. When done, it drips down into a carafe at the bottom of the pot. An espresso machine fills and pressurizes a filter basket with hot water before adding finely ground coffee to that basket. Then, it forces hot water through the coffee under pressure. The result is a concentrated shot of espresso that can be served with hot milk as a latte, or drunk black and poured into a smaller cup called an espresso.
What is a coffee and espresso maker combo?
A coffee and espresso maker combo is simply a single unit that combines be it, a drip coffee maker with an espresso machine – or a brewer with a frother. They’re designed to give you the best of both worlds in one machine – a coffee maker that can make espresso beverages, as well.
It’s kinda hard to come up with one favorite when you know they all are. But, it’s very safe to recommend any from the list because they are amongst the greatest products in the market.
Our top choice on this list is the Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista Espresso and Cappuccino Maker. It comes with reliable PID, a powerful pump for optimum extraction of coffee and a large capacity water tank. It also comes with manual steam wand for your milk-based coffee drinks and more.
Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista Combo Coffee Maker is our choice, what’s yours?