To achieve an enjoyable, balanced, and flavorful coffee drink without a coffee maker, you need a great kettle. And, to complete your pour-over coffee setup at home, you need the best electric kettle for coffee. With an electric kettle, it’s fast, more accurate and you can change the temperature if you want to prepare other hot drinks.
People invest so much on premium coffee beans/grounds, burr grinders, the best drippers, and so on. Though it’s not wrong to get the best tools for your coffee, don’t forget that you must also need a great kettle for your hot water.
This article will show you ten of the best kettles in the market that guarantee comfort, style, and spot-on temperature for every kind of coffee drink you will make. Likewise, towards the end is a buying guide to help you assess the products and easily pick out what you need.
Top 10 Best Electric Kettle for Coffee in 2020
Cuisinart CPK-17 PerfecTemp Electric Kettle
- 1500-Watt stainless-steel cordless electric kettle with 1-2/3-liter capacity and concealed heating element. Dimensions-8.8 x 6.1 x 9.7 inches. Bpa free. Cord length : 36 Inches
- 6 preset heat settings for steeping tea at just the right temperature; blue LED indicator lights
If there’s a kettle that boils water in a few minutes, perhaps, you want that. So, we start with a kettle that can easily bring a maximum of 1.7 L of water to a rolling boil in minutes. Cuisinart CPK-17 PerfecTemp Electric Kettle is equipped with 1500 W heating element for fast heat-up.
This kettle operates with a 360-degree swivel cordless connector for more convenience. It’s made of stainless steel, stay-cool nonslip handle, and dripless pour spout. The CPK-17 has a concealed heating element to avoid mineral buildup, but has a removable scale filter for easy cleaning.
It comes with six preset temperatures from 160 degrees to 200 degrees. Whether you want to prepare for delicate teas (160 degrees F) or French press coffee (200 degrees F), you can do so with a press of a button. Each preset heat temperature has a corresponding one-touch button (with blue light indicator) for easier operation.
- Holds temperature when you activate the “Keep Warm” function
- Guarantees fast heat-up and boiling with 1500 W heating element
- Very easy to use and easy to clean, as well
- Kind of heavy and difficult to control when pouring
- Button labels wear off over time
- It’s kind of expensive for occasional users
Hamilton Beach Electric Kettle
- Powerful rapid-boil system: This electric kettle boils water faster than a microwave and safer than using a stovetop kettle perfect for college dorms, offices or kitchens of any size
- Keep cords out of the way: This hot water kettle is cord-free for easy serving, plus heating is convenient and safe with concealed heating element, compatible with any standard 120V outlet
The cheapest on the list, the Hamilton Beach Electric Kettle is the choice for many pour-over coffee loyalists. Like the Cuisinart CPK-17 PerfecTemp, this too has a rapid boiling system that’s even faster than a microwave. It’s cord-free — very convenient during heating and serving.
Don’t worry about boiling dry because this kettle has automatic shut-off feature after reaching a certain temperature. It has an easy-to-view window with clear water level markings up to 1.7 L (or 7.2 cups capacity). This is made of stainless steel with a very compact design, stay-cool handle, and drip-free spout.
It’s compatible with any standard 120 V outlets, so you can use it at home or in the office. The push-button lid prevents spills to have a mess-free serving. There’s now a better and faster way to prepare your favorite pour-over coffee and to do it efficiently, you need the Hamilton Beach Electric Kettle.
- Water heats up so quickly — faster than you expected
- The design and construction seem very sturdy
- Nice light indicator with the ability to turn itself off
- No beep or any sound that the water is ready
- Outside the kettle can be hot, though the handle stays cool
- Nice if the water can stay warm for a longer period
OXO BREW Electric Pour-Over Kettle
- Adjustable temperature control heats and keeps water at exactly your desired temperature (140°F to 212°F / 60°C to 100°C)
- Precise-pour gooseneck spout is elongated and features a curved opening for a steady flow
If you like the precision of a gooseneck spout, you might need the OXO Brew Electric Pour-Over Kettle. It has an elongated spout with a curved opening for easy pouring and steady flow. You can fill any cup or mug without mess even when the opening is narrow.
This cord-free kettle is made of naturally BPA-free stainless steel and can easily be lifted from the 360-degree swivel base. It has a balance between comfort and control, especially when pouring over your coffee. It has a built-in timer to track your pour-over process and an automatic shut-off feature after 30 minutes.
This electric kettle is the best for coffee and tea lovers. It’s capable of preparing 1 L of hot water in each boiling cycle. There’s a temperature guide on the base and it will give you a beep when the desired temperature is reached. It’s very compact with an efficient heating element of 1500 W power.
- Fast and very easy to pour because of the gooseneck spout design
- Strikes a perfect balance between compact design and fast boiling
- Readable display of temperature and beeps when the temperature is reached
- Expensive, yet, poor when it comes to temperature accuracy
- Won’t display the current water temperature, only the target temp
- Easily builds up rust after some time
Fellow Stagg EKG Electric Pour-over Kettle
- SIMPLE AESTHETIC MEETS POWERFUL DESIGN: Finally, an electric pour-over kettle that pours as good as it looks. The Stagg EKG Electric Pour-Over Kettle marries handsome design with flawless functionality for the ultimate brewing experience. Modern and minimal to complement your other kitchenware. Proudly designed in California. Want to see the temperature in Celsius instead of Fahrenheit? Just switch the temperature toggle on the rear of the base
- PRECISION ENGINEERING: Stagg EKG’s precision pour spout is designed for the optimal pour-over flow rate. With its fluted tip, Stagg EKG has to-the-drop precision with no drip back. Stagg EKG’s counterbalanced handle moves the center of mass back towards your hand - encouraging a more comfortable, slower pour. To speed up your brewing process, Stagg EKG has a 1200 watt quick heating element. Switch the toggle on the back to HOLD mode, and Stagg EKG will maintain the desired temp for 60 minutes.
Need to prepare barista-quality pour-over coffee at home? The Fellow Stagg EKG Electric Pour-over Kettle might spoil every coffee lover (and tea drinkers) around the world. The selling point of this kettle is the ability to dial in the temperature of the water you need — from 135 to 215 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you are used to reading the temperature in Celsius, you can easily switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius using the toggle on the rear of the base. It also has a gooseneck spout like the OXO Brew, to give you an optimal pour-over flow rate. Its counterbalanced handle makes pouring comfortable and consistent.
As a proud product in California, USA, you are assured of its quality — minimalist design, very efficient. It’s made of stainless steel that can hold the temperature of water for up to 60 minutes when HOLD mode is activated. At the base, you can also see an LCD screen displaying the desired temp and the real-time temp.
- Incredible 1200W heating element for quick heat-up
- High-resolution LCD screen — display targeted and current temperature
- Has gooseneck spout for precise pouring
- A bit expensive, yet quits working after a few months of use
- Temperature display is higher compared to the measured temperature
- Poor quality construction
Breville USA BKE595XL The Crystal Clear Electric Kettle
- German Schott Glass
- Soft opening lid slowly releases steam and prevents Splashing
The Breville USA BKE595XL The Crystal Clear Electric Kettle is a glass kettle that boils your tap water for a great cup of pour-over coffee. It’s made of German Schott glass and stainless-steel accents. With a press of a button, you slowly release the soft lid to prevent splashing.
Its design is compact and all parts that come in contact with water are all BPA-free. It doesn’t have much bells and whistles, but this too is cordless and has a multi-directional base with cord storage. It’s capable of boiling up to 1.7 L of tap water which will allow you to prepare up to 7 cups of coffee.
What we love about this kettle is its 1800 W rapid-boil concealed heating element. It heats water faster so you can enjoy your favorite coffee sooner. Like the first four kettles above, it features both auto shut-off and boil-dry protection for worry-free operation.
- Good kettle with very minimal plastic parts
- Soft opening lid to slowly release steam without splashing
- Can clean thoroughly and it’s neat on any kitchen
- Nice ergonomic handle, but not that durable
- Needs a bit of wiggling to put the kettle back to the base
- The small plastic screw toppers may prevent the lid from closing
HadinEEon Variable Temperature Electric Kettle
- 6 different temperatures for optimal brewing. To bring out the best taste and quality of tea and Coffee, HadinEEon variable temperature electric kettle offers six different Fahrenheit temperatures ( 160℉, 175℉, 185℉, 190℉, 200℉, 212℉) for optimal brewing. Precise temperature control s the perfect brewing. Enjoy the optimal flavor from your tea or coffee with HadinEEon variable temperature electric kettle.
- 1200W Fast & quiet water boiling. Real fast water heating. Utilizing the newest water circling heating technology, HadinEEon variable temp electric kettle can heat water faster and quieter than the most electric kettles on the market. Only takes 5 minutes to boil 1. 5L water. No more long time waiting. Enjoy the fresh tea or coffee with your family right now.
Another kettle that outperforms the more expensive kettles in the market, HadinEEon Variable Temperature Electric Kettle is a must check. It’s made of borosilicate glass and 304 stainless steel — promises to keep the temperature of your hot water for four hours. Simply press the “Keep Warm” button and you’ll have hot water ready for you, anytime.
The price is surprisingly very affordable and it offers six different temperatures. Whether you need to prepare coffee or tea, with just a press of a button the kettle will boil water up to the optimal temperature. It has an ergonomic and heat-resistant handle you can easily grab to pour over your coffee.
With a 1200 W heating element, it boils your tap water quickly, and quietly, too. In just five minutes, you can boil 1.5 L of water, enough to serve a crowd of coffee lovers. It also has a safety auto-off and boil-dry protection so you won’t have a problem of overheating.
- Provides extra class into your kitchen without spending too much
- Impressive performance, especially with its six preset temperature settings
- Crystal clear glass, you can easily see the water level
- No beep or whistle indicator when the water is ready
- The glass may easily break
- Temperature control isn’t consistent
KitchenAid KEK1222PT Electric Kettle
- 1.25 L capacity
- Led on/off switch
If you miss the old kettle you used to boil water over a stovetop, KitchenAid offers a nice alternative. The KitchenAid KEK1222PT Electric Kettle has the design of your traditional kettle, which quietly boils water in minutes. It’s made of single-wall stainless steel and a removable base for easy serving.
Its smooth aluminum handle allows a more secure grip and this kettle isn’t that heavy. With a full capacity of 1.25 L, you can serve several cups before the need to boil again. It’s equipped with a removable limescale filter in the pouring spout to preserve the natural taste of your water.
Its sleek design is very attractive with different color options — Empire Red, Onyx Black, Brushed Stainless Steel, and Pistachio. Just like the traditional kettle, it has a removable lid for an easier water refill. Unfortunately, you can’t find any other controls aside from the power switch at the back.
- Traditional-like electric kettle best for coffee purists
- Boils water extremely fast
- Removable pouring spout — overall, very easy to clean
- No water level window to see if you still have enough water
- Some people had rust problem — lift the lid after boiling to vent out moisture
- Plastic part of the filter isn’t removable
Cuisinart JK-17 Cordless Electric Kettle
- 1.7 - liter capacity
- 360 degree swivel cordless connector
A huge number of coffee lovers want Cuisinart because of its affordability and quality. Our first product on the list is a Cuisinart, but if you don’t want to spend too much, here’s an alternative. The Cuisinart JK-17 Cordless Electric Kettle offers the quality and performance of the more expensive Cuisinart kettle, but doesn’t have other controls.
It still has 1.7 L water capacity and has a stainless-steel finish. For easy use and serving, it has a 360-degree swivel cordless connector. It’s concealed heating element has 1500 W power for fast heat-up without the mineral buildup.
You can still enjoy the convenience of a removable scale filter for easy cleaning and the blue backlit water window with markings. In addition, it still has the automatic shut-off and boil-dry protection. Unfortunately, you can’t adjust the temperature of the water to boil and it also doesn’t have the “Keep Warm” function to get hot water on demand.
- Transparent water window so you can easily see how much water left
- Large capacity, yet still boils in a few minutes
- Removable spout for easy and thorough cleaning
- Heavier, as the kettle alone weighs 3.67 lb
- Some users have issues with the crappy switch button at the back
- Kind of noisy when it’s boiling water
Bonavita Electric Kettle
- Adjustable in one-degree increments between 140˚-212˚F (60˚- 98˚C).
- 1000 watts for quick heating
Here is another gooseneck kettle that you can use without mess and spills. The Bonavita Electric Kettle provides more than just easy pouring; it’s probably the simplest, well-designed kettle on the list. It features adjustable temperature settings you can fine-tune in one-degree increment (from 140-212-degree Fahrenheit).
The kettle is made of brushed stainless steel with BPA-free plastic parts. There’s a HOLD button that allows you to efficiently hold water temperature between 140-208 degrees for up to an hour. Additionally, the count-up timer makes it very easy to track the boiling cycle.
This commercial and household kettle operates with 120 V power source. Like the Fellow Stagg EKG Electric Pour-over Kettle above, you also have the option to switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius units. Its 1000 W heating system allows you to achieve your desired temperature faster and the display helps you monitor the process better.
- Minimal spilling and mess with its gooseneck pour spout
- Can adjust the temperature setting with great accuracy
- Count-up timer is great for steeping
- Some models will display an error message and will not work
- No beep or sound indicator, you must monitor the temperature
- Shuts off when the kettle is removed from the base
Primens Smart Electric Kettle
- 4 PRESETS / LED TEMPERATURE DISPLAY / 60-MINUTE KEEP WARM: Smart electric tea kettle with temperature control gets most flavorful tea & coffee or simply warms up or boils water. 100°F Milk - water, milk, other liquids; 175°F Green Tea - majority of delicate teas; 200°F - French Press Coffee; 212°F Boil - black tea, instant cocoa, noodles, oatmeal, etc. LED temperature display shows current water temperature at all times. 60 minute Keep Warm function maintains temperature for 60 minutes.
- 1.5 L / FAST BOIL / WHISPER QUIET / EASY CLEAN: The Primens hot water electric kettle boils a full kettle / 1.5L / 8 cups of water in only 6-7 minutes! Equipped the newest water circling heating technology and 1500W heating power, it heats up water faster than others, while ensuring super quiet operation (59dB). An extra-large opening makes it easy to refill and clean the hot water kettle electric. Make ordinary boiling a luxury with Primens Hot Water Tea and Coffee Kettle!
Perhaps, a smart kettle is what some smart coffee drinkers need. So, we give you the Primens Smart Electric Kettle. It has an LED display with four heating presets – 100℉ (milk), 175℉ (tea), 200℉ (coffee), 212℉ (boil). Aside from the four presets, you can also see the current temperature displayed at all times, the mode, and the Start/Cancel button.
You don’t need to manually activate the “Keep Warm” mode as it’s the default of the machine. It’ll keep the water at the temperature you set for 60 minutes. For the Boil mode, you need to press the Start/Cancel button for three minutes to keep it warm for 60 minutes.
This kettle is made of 100% food-grade and rustproof stainless steel without any plastic that may come in contact with the water. It features an anti-splash lid that will be activated with a press of a button to avoid spills and mess. These and more features make this 1.5 L premium electric kettle the best for coffee drinkers out there.
- Stunning design, sleek, and very modernly
- Easy to use with very nice readout
- No plastic inside that comes in contact with water, 100% stainless steel
- No memory function, it shuts off when you lift it from the base
- The spout isn’t that efficient when pouring water
- Boils the water too much and the temperature gauge is a bit slow
Best Electric Kettle for Coffee Buying Guide
Buying a great kettle not only makes you prepare great coffee; it’ll also give you ease. If you want to prepare coffee for your guests and family, you need a reliable kettle. As a team of coffee lovers and drinkers, we give you a guide that might help you on your quest for the best electric kettle for coffee.
Electric vs Stovetop
You have the option to get the traditional stovetop kettle or one of the electric kettles we have here on the list. So, which is better, then, and why you should choose electric over the stovetop?
If you need a piping hot water every time, surely, the stovetop kettle wins, said the Best Electric Kettle, however, it isn’t as convenient as the electric kettle. With an electric kettle, you can have more than just hot water – but you will have more control over the temperature settings and it’s portable, too.
Depending on your budget, there are kettles with basic functionalities and there are some with tons of features. There are even electric kettles you can connect with your phone.
However, some few things you might want to have in the electric kettle that you can’t get from your stovetop are the “Keep Warm” function, preset temperature settings (or adjustable temperature), and temperature display.
Generally, kettles are made with glass, plastic, or stainless. Although plastic doesn’t break and they are low-cost, said Electric Kettles Guide, they may have that plastic taste.
Glass is transparent and classy, but the problem is it will break if you won’t handle it with care. Stainless steel kettles could be a great option — they are mostly sturdy and long-lasting. So, which one is the best for you — which also fits your budget?
Stovetop kettles are generally cheaper than electric kettles. Yet, in this article, you’ve found out that there are affordable electric kettles, too. So, what affects your budget or the price of an electric kettle?
If you want more bells and whistles — which give you more convenience — you might want to prepare more budget. The same is true if you want to get stainless steel kettle rather than plastic or glass.
The size and capacity of the kettle could also affect the price. Therefore, you must assess your needs first, before buying the kettle that you need.
Here is a YouTube video that will help you decide which electric kettle to buy and the reasons why. It highlights the advantages of gooseneck kettles and some other useful information to have a wise choice.
Our Top Pick
If everything else in your kitchen is electric, you might want to pick the Cuisinart CPK-17 PerfecTemp Electric Kettle. It’s a multifunctional kettle and one of the fastest kettles to quickly bring tap water to a boil. With a few more preset heat settings, this is perfect for a family with diverse hot water requirements.
Today’s Deal on Our Top Pick
The 1500 W concealed heating element satisfies your cravings of a piping hot coffee in minutes. It operates on a 360-degree swivel base with memory function — you can lift the kettle out without interrupting the boiling process. You get a few more controls on its stay-cool nonslip handle that can be easily activated with one-touch operation.
This electric kettle has premium features without a premium price. Hence, it’s worthy to be dubbed as the best electric kettle for coffee, and even for tea. Your go-to kettle for any hot water need.