Can’t decide between using coffee grounds or coffee pods?
Well, you don’t have to because all you need is the best dual coffee makers (two-way coffee brewers).
You might wonder what these are?
And, in most cases, these machines will make single-serve coffee using coffee pods and brew large quantities of coffee with coffee grounds.
Likewise, this term may also refer to coffee makers that brew coffee and dispenses hot water, too.
If you are interested and want to know more about dual coffee makers, we’ve spent time doing research and brainstorming on the best ten.
Let’s go straight to know these coffee machines.
And, towards the end of the article, we’ll share with you our secrets to handpick our choices.
The 10 best dual coffee makers in 2023
- Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer Coffee Maker
- Cuisinart SS-20 Coffee Center
- Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Coffee Maker
- Keurig K-Duo Plus Coffee Maker
- Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System
- Cuisinart CHW-12P1
- DeLonghi BCO430 Combination Pump Espresso
- Cuisinart SS-15P1 Coffee Center
- Espressione EM-1040
- CucinaPro Double Coffee Brewer Station
Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer Coffee Maker
- Programmable, can use any pod or coffee grounds and it has a no-spill carafe
- No warming plate on the single-serve side and not compatible with K-cups
The people’s choice for the best dual coffee maker the Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer tops our list and any list. It can either give you coffee in a travel mug or a 12-cup carafe. You can brew single-serve and full pot carafe; you just need to select which serving you need for the moment.
This dual coffee maker is equipped not only with two-way serving capacity, but it can cater to either soft pods or ground coffee for the single-serve. If you forget to turn off the machine while going out, don’t worry, it’ll auto-shut-off after two hours. Yet, if the machine isn’t asleep, it’ll keep your coffee piping hot with its non-stick keep-hot plate.
The best feature on this machine is, you can program it to wake up and prepare coffee right when you need it. It weighs 10.06 lbs measuring 10.63 × 12.2 × 13.7 inches, it’s a nice add-on to your kitchen or office.
- The carafe stays hot for quite some time
- Can use any coffee pods or coffee grounds
- Most parts are dishwasher safe
- No hot plate on the single-serve
- Some users find single-serve brewing to be slow
- Not compatible with K-cup packs
Cuisinart SS-20 Coffee Center
- Comes with easy controls and automatic operation with the carafe brewer
- Kind of challenging to insert K-cups and need to remove drip tray for taller mugs
Whether you want to sip a cup of coffee solo or share it with anyone, Cuisinart SS-20 Coffee Center is your perfect company. It quickly brews either on a 10-cup thermal carafe or the single-serve brewer for your K-cup pod that allows you to get 6, 8, or 10oz. The full pot brewer is fully automatic with brew-strength control and brew-pause feature.
The SS-20 comes with a removable 40 oz water tank for the single-serve brewer and the carafe brewer has an easy-view water window. You need to remove the drip tray if you want to accommodate taller mugs.
This model of the Cuisinart coffee maker is also equipped with the HomeBarista reusable filter cup so you can use any coffee grounds according to your liking. For better-tasting coffee, this even includes a charcoal filter.
The machine is BFA-free and its operation is fun. As with most two-way coffee makers in this list, it weighs around 12.72 lbs, with a compact body dimension of 10.75 × 12.75 × 16.5 inches.
- Nice design and easy-to-use controls
- The coffee that comes out of it is hot enough
- Carafe brewer has a self-clean, ready alert, and pause feature
- Need to remove drip tray for travel mugs
- You must align the indicator line in the K-cup insert and the machine
- Refill water when the machine is placed under the low ceiling is challenging
Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Coffee Maker
- Easy to operate with buttons properly labeled and cleaning is swift, too
- Warming plate turns off when single-serve brewer is activated and the 2-hour shut-off seems longer
If you love K-cups, but also want to get a Hamilton Beach two-way coffee brewer, the Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Coffee Maker is highly recommended for you. It has most of the 2-Way Brewer above, but with the option to use K-cups. The same operation — you can’t brew different servings at a time — you need to switch the lever left or right.
It allows you to brew full carafe with 12-cup capacity, still with the warming plate to keep the optimal temperature of your coffee. For single-serve brewing using K-cup, you can brew up to 10 oz, while for ground coffee, you can have up to 14 oz. You can use up to 8-inch tall travel mugs if you are on the go and need coffee along the way.
Each brewer has its own water reservoir that can easily be refilled on top. You can choose the machine’s wake up time and brewing strength. Such a lightweight coffee maker that only weighs 6.37 lbs and a dimension of 10.24 × 10.63 × 13.9 inches.
- Can use K-cups and separate filter it’ll be easy to clean
- Giving the best value for its price
- Easy to use controls with clear labels
- Warming plate turns off when you switch to single-serve
- The 2-hour auto-shut-off could be longer for some
- Kind of hard to refill water if you put it under low cabinets
Keurig K-Duo Plus Coffee Maker
If your concern for not getting a coffee machine at home is limited space, your hesitation ends right now. You don’t need to wake up early and line up in your local café because Keurig K-Duo Plus Coffee Maker is now serving. It only takes 14.19 × 8.2 × 11.7 inches in your countertop with 60 oz multi-position water reservoir that you can position at the back or to the sides.
You can use ground coffee or your favorite K-cup pods from Starbuck, for example, and just enjoy the brewing process. What we love about K-Duo plus is the programmability of the dose you need in both carafe brewer and single-serve. It offers four brew sizes on each side — 6, 8, 10, and 12 cups or ounces.
To add to your excitement, the thermal carafe can keep your coffee warm in two hours. Just like most of these dual coffee makers here, the best function they have is the 24-hour programmability.
- No need warmer, the thermal carafe is very efficient
- Buttons are clear, simple, and straightforward
- Water reservoir is easily accessible and the coffee/pod filter, too
- You can feel the plastic material and it seems cheap
- Doesn’t have advance controls like temperature adjustment and more
- The price is quite high compared to the features it has
Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System
If you’re also a fan of tea or if you have a tea lover in the house, the Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System is ready to serve you with the best tea. Whether it’s in a tea bag or you have tea leaves from your backyard, this dual coffee maker caters your tea addiction. It has a special brewing basket designed for tea lovers.
Wait, there’s more. If you are craving for milk-based coffee beverages, you can also do them with this Ninja coffee maker. It has a built-in frother allowing you to prepare silky smooth froth in seconds.
This coffee machine is indeed feature-packed and it isn’t even priced that high. If you need cold coffee drinks, this is also designed to brew hot coffee over ice with double coffee dose. It’s not just a dual coffee maker – more like it’s the ultimate and the best all-in-one coffee maker.
- Has lots of overwhelming options — tea, coffee, cold iced coffee
- Simple to use and very easy to clean
- Has frothing wand in case you crave for milk-based drinks
- You can use pods with this coffee machine
- Plastic construction — elegant but still seem cheap
- Longer brewing time, though coffee is still in quality
Let’s go into a coffee maker/hot water system combo. Cuisinart CHW-12P1 isn’t a system with single-serve and carafe brewer, rather it has a 12-cup coffee maker and an independent hot water system. You can get hot water anytime for your hot chocolate, tea, or cereal, with just a press of the lever to dispense it.
The brewer has programmable functions including auto-on, auto-off, self-clean, and 1-4 cup settings. At least you can set it to 1 cup if you need a coffee for yourself. It also has three different coffee temperature settings — High, Medium, and Low — to get just the perfect hotness you prefer.
Again, no single-serve brewer here, only the 12-cup carafe, which has a drip-free pour spout and a reliable stainless steel handle. It has a separate water reservoir for the carafe brewer and the hot water system. There are light indicators to signify the task you need to do and a lock to prevent accidental dispense of hot water.
- You can easily clean with the self-clean function
- Impressive brew-pause function to get a cup while you brew a pot full
- Great hot water system that functions independently and has a safety lock
- Coffee isn’t hot enough, but the hot water is especially hot for around 12 oz
- Seems compact but it takes space — 10.25 × 9.50 × 14.30 inches
- Water reservoir on the brewer is awkward to refill
DeLonghi BCO430 Combination Pump Espresso
- The dual-purpose machine that can both produce espresso and drip coffee
- It has a programmable 24-hour timer that can be easily set to prepare coffee ahead of time.
- It has a front-loading system to conveniently refill water and coffee in the front part to avoid repeatedly moving the machine.
- With a single boiler that does not allow dual preparation of coffee and espresso.
- No built-in grinder, so a separate purchase of a grinder is required.
- Its heating mechanism is not 100% accurate.
Want every important feature to be in a single coffee maker? The best dual coffee machine from De’Longhi will give you just anything you need in a coffee maker. De’Longhi BCO430 lets you prepare drip coffee, pump espresso, frothy cappuccino, or a carafe of coffee for the family.
You can prepare two drinks at a time with the cappuccino system at one side and the drip coffee on the other. The latter has front-loading grounds and coffee reservoir, so you don’t need to move the whole unit. It also has a smart auto-pause feature, which you can get a cup from the drip coffee it’s preparing.
It seems big, but on the average, it has the same dimension as most of the coffee makers on this list — 14.50 × 11.00 × 12.80 inches. BCO430 is a one-machine-does-all that can be programmed up to 24 hours to greet you with your favorite coffee when you need it.
- With 15-bar pressure pump to extract the best espresso
- Has a built-in milk frother if you want to prepare cappuccino or latte
- Can simultaneously prepare two drinks
- Best features are already in, except for a built-in grinder
- No frothing cup that’s usually an accessory to most coffee machines
- 40 oz water reservoir isn’t enough for most users
Cuisinart SS-15P1 Coffee Center
Almost a complete copy of the Cuisinart SS-20 Coffee Center, the Cuisinart SS-15P1 is a cheaper alternative. The only difference between them is the capacity of the carafe brewer — the former has 10-cup, while the latter has 12-cup full pot capacity. They are aesthetically the same, just a slight difference in their size and weight, though.
Just like the SS-20, this machine has a programmable carafe brewer on one side and the single-serve brewer on the other side with the option to brew 6, 8, or 10 oz coffee. You can take advantage of its HomeBarista reusable filter cup that comes with it — so, you can use your favorite coffee grounds.
The control panel is fairly easy to use and to manipulate, mixed with properly-labeled buttons and control knobs. You can program the auto-off from 0 to 4 hours, its wake up time at most of the 24-hour interval, self-clean and bold coffee option. This dual coffee maker is best for those with limited counter space.
- Auto-off is customizable
- Brew cycle on each side is always above average
- Has charcoal water filter to retain natural taste — nice-tasting coffee
- K-cup is great when using coffee grounds instead of pods
- Challenging to add water in the carafe brewer, as opening is small
- Inconsistent coffee quality on the K-cup side
With design and aesthetics like those in commercial coffee makers, let’s see if Espressione EM-1040 can stimulate your love of coffee. Like most coffee machines on the list, it allows you to prepare coffee using both coffee grounds and espresso pods.
Designed in Switzerland, it boasts a stainless steel body and 19-bar pressure pump. What does it mean? It’s an espresso machine built to last and extracts great-tasting espresso with nice crema — every time. Do you want that?
And, to fuel your excitement, you can also prepare a 10-cup coffee, which will stay warm for hours, thanks to its warming plate. It has a dual brewing setting to let you learn both manual and automatic operations on the machine.
With a whopping 1.5 L transparent water reservoir in front, you can prepare a lot of coffee drinks before it demands you to refill. The built-in powerful frothing system allows you to indulge yourself in your favorite milk-based beverages.
- Well-made and very easy to operate
- When it works, the 19-bar can make creamy cappuccino
- Can make great-tasting coffee
- Seems heavy-duty, but can only prepare one coffee at a time
- Takes a while to pre-heat and to brew coffee
- Makes good coffee, but kind of finicky
CucinaPro Double Coffee Brewer Station
If you need to prepare several cups of coffee each time, you need the CucinaPro Double Coffee Brewer Station. This two-way coffee brewer has two 12-cup carafe brewers. Each brewing system has a dedicated heating element so you can prepare two carafes full of coffee simultaneously.
What’s even interesting is, this coffee maker only costs less than $100. You can serve your family and friends with such a coffee machine. And, for its price, you’ll be greeted with tons of accessories included with the machine.
Whether you need just a regular coffee or decaf, you can prepare them easily with CucinaPro. Each brewer has a different water reservoir with markings and spring-out filter baskets to load your favorite coffee grounds. You can also see two switches for each brewer, water level, and two push buttons on top.
It might not be ideal if you’re living alone, as it won’t serve its purpose.
- Literally, a one-button push operation
- Brews faster, around five minutes for a carafe-full
- Great for serving a crowd at a few preparations
- Filter basket is flimsy, it’s just paper
- Don’t have any automatic features, not programmable
- Some people don’t want all-black coffee machines
Upon reading through our 10 best dual coffee makers, you must have a choice in mind.
But, let’s have a quick assessment of your choice using the considerations below:
Kind of Coffee/Drink You Love
We have different preferences and there’s no single coffee machine that is designed to brew every coffee drink or espresso-based beverages. While superautomatic coffee machines give you the luxury of various options, they are mostly expensive.
So, the best alternative is a dual coffee maker to prepare drip coffee, tea, and other flavored coffee in pods or K-cups. Check out our guide on the types of coffee makers. In this way, you can decide whether a dual coffee maker is a great choice or not.
With just 10 products, you have seen the variety of dual coffee makers. So, serving size is another consideration. If you’re living alone and frequently visited by friends, you need a dual coffee maker with single-serve and carafe brewer.
Some coffee machines also have the option to select different servings — 2, 4, 6 oz, etc. At least, you can only prepare the coffee servings you need for a particular time of the day.
How much space are you willing to give up for a coffee machine? If you have a lot of space in your kitchen or office, you can have more than one coffee maker. However, if you have limited space and you need to prepare several cups of coffee when your friends come over, the dual coffee maker is perfect.
Home or Office Use
A dual coffee maker is perfect for either home and office use. However, you must also consider the water reservoir, the capacity of the carafe brewer, and other features. For home use, you can either use the single-serve/carafe brewer combo or the one with hot water.
Yet, if you’re looking for a dual coffee maker you can put in your office, perhaps, the one with dual carafe brewer is perfect. Learn more about the best coffee maker for home and office use.
If you want to pick the machine that gives you the best value for your money, check out this YouTube video for more tips. It compares different kinds of coffee machines and the way they prepare your coffee. You’ll know eventually that having a two-way coffee brewer is a much wiser choice.
Not only that, it’s a great coffee machine, but Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer is also the people’s choice for the best dual coffee maker.
It’s perfect at home when you need just a cup of coffee before work and if you happen to have coffee lover visitors. It’s highly programmable, so you’ll wake up to the aroma of your favorite coffee at the time you set it to brew.
Yet, if you are not just a coffee lover, but a tea lover, as well, the Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System is a great two-way coffee brewer. However, Hamilton Beach allows you to prepare drinks from soft pods — tea pods included.
So, why spend too much when you can maximize the potential of the affordable Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer?
This post may contain links that we earn a small commission from, at no cost to you, read more.