If you are a coffee addict who loves enjoying the outdoors, you’ll crave a cup of coffee at any time of the day. Hence, it’s best to bring with you the best coffee thermos. Get a sip of your favorite coffee anytime in the wild with a reliable, handy, durable thermos.
In this list, we’ll discuss everything about the best coffee thermos that you can bring outdoors. Since there are hundreds of thermos available, we can only discuss ten of the best from trusted brands in the market. We made a thorough research and rigorous testing for each product before they became a qualifier for our list.
At the end of this roundup article, we’ll introduce to you the best of the best based on our tried and tested criteria. Sit back as we share with you your next company as you go on with your journey.
10 Best Coffee Thermos to Keep Your Drinks Hot
- Thermos vacuum insulation technology locks in temperature to preserve flavor and freshness to keep beverages hot for 12 hours or cold for 24
- Durable 18/8 stainless steel interior and exterior withstand the demands of everyday use
Thermos is a great brand when it comes to a vacuum flask. And, to kick start with our roundup, we’ll introduce to you a light and compact thermos from the company, the Thermos Vacuum Insulated Compact Beverage Bottle. It’s made of durable 18/8 stainless steel with a built-in stainless steel cup that lets you enjoy your coffee without a problem.
With vacuum insulation technology, the temperature of your coffee is kept to preserve flavor and freshness. Whether you need hot coffee in 12 hours or the next 24, you can get a punch with this thermos. It also has a convenient twist and pour stopper so you can easily drink coffee on-the-go.
With a dimension of 2.60 × 2.60 × 10.00 inches and a weight of 16 oz, this could be your best companion. For whatever adventures and journeys you decide you go — whether you want iced or piping hot coffee — this flask will help you stay on track.
- Lid and stopper are reliable and seals the thermos
- Keeps your coffee steaming hot or cold
- Convenient size, easy to grab and hold
- Coffee tastes different after several hours
- Metal seems thin and can’t resist hard banging
- Some find their thermos to be rusting
- Stopper disassembles for thorough cleaning
- 20oz. capacity with 1-1/2" opening
Designed to be ultra lightweight and portable, the Zojirushi Stainless Steel Travel Mug promises superior heat retention. It’s made of BPA-free plastic and stainless steel construction, so it’s long-lasting and durable. It’s 2.87 × 2.87 × 9.88 inches big with 20 oz capacity.
The best part of having a Zojirushi thermos is that it won’t be opened accidentally. It’s two-step lid release also allows condensation on the lid gasket to prevent splattering. The lid and the stopper can be assembled/disassembled for easy and thorough cleaning.
It features an air vent on the mouthpiece so your coffee can easily and smoothly flow through — and you can control it — without overflowing. It has a nonstick coated interior for easy cleaning and its opening, for easy cleaning. This thermos is best for coffee beverages and other drinks.
As a product of a Japanese company, Zojirushi, you are assured of quality, longevity, and innovation.
- No matter what beverage you put in, it’ll stay at the right temperature
- Completely spill-proof, no matter what position it’ll be
- Comes in different color options
- It’ll retain the smell and taste of soap when you clean it with soap
- Exterior is easily damaged and nonstick coating easily stained overtime
- Be careful, small things might easily fall out
- KEEP IT HOT OR COLD: Our Stanley Classic Vacuum Bottle is made with superior insulation that keeps liquids (soup, coffee, tea) hot or cold drinks cool for up to 24 hours It’s also made with BPA-free materials, keeping its contents safe to consume
- TOUGH AND DURABLE: The rust-proof 18/8 stainless steel construction on this insulated thermos means it can work just as hard as you do without impacting its performance This is an ideal bottle to throw into your truck, work bag or travel with it
If you need a thermos not just for coffee, but for any kind of beverage you need to carry around, Stanley Classic Vacuum Bottle is a perfect choice. It’s made of rustproof 18/8 stainless steel construction that you can easily throw in your truck or bag. It has a reliable and collapsible handle that you can easily hold if you need to carry it around.
The multipurpose lid keeps the overall design leak-resistant, so you can put it in your bag without any worries. It also features a wide opening for easy pouring and refilling. Furthermore, the lid also doubles as an eight-ounce cup to easily enjoy your coffee, tea, or soup.
This vacuum flash measures 4.5 × 14.3 inches and available in three different sizes — 1.1qt, 1.5qt, and 2qt. For hot and cold beverages, it promises to keep its initial temperature in 24 hours, while for iced it’ll last for five (5) days. With a lifetime warranty, surely there isn’t any other enticing thermos than this.
- Built like a rock, but still light enough to carry around
- Seals taste, flavor and aroma of coffee without leak
- Classy, good-looking and the cup lid is excellent
- You must preheat the thermos so it’ll keep the temperature of your drinks better
- Though you can carry it around, it has weight
- Doesn’t live up to expectation of keeping drinks in optimal temp in 24 hours
- 18-ounce hydration bottle with durable stainless steel interior and exterior
- Flip-top lid with built-in sipping design; button activated lid and additional clasp for secure travel
Another product from Thermos that promises excellent temperature retention, you might want to check the Thermos Vacuum Insulated Hydration Water Bottle. It still features the company’s vacuum insulation technology that promises to virtually eliminate temperature change of your cold coffee in 12 hours. This is 10 times longer compared to an ordinary plastic water bottle.
This thermos is made of stainless steel — double wall — and it’s BPA-free. This 18 oz water bottle is virtually unbreakable and can withstand any rigorous activities, including bumps and bangs. It has a silicone grip so you can easily grasp it as you go.
It has a flip-top lid with sipping design, which can be opened by a press of a button — easily operated even with one hand. As a product of a trusted brand for more than 100 years, this hydration bottle is a must-have for coffee lovers and adventure seekers.
- Push-button lid is convenient when you need a quick drink
- Nicely made with a wide opening, seals great for best temperature retention
- Stainless steel, so it won’t impart any flavor compared to plastic
- Has only one color options — midnight blue
- Could be handier with a handle, not just a comfortable grip
- Solid top, yet it’s not insulated
- HOT AND COLD FOR HOURS - Vacuum insulation technology locks in temperature to preserve flavor and freshness to keep beverages like tea hot for hours or cold, holds 17 ounces perfect for office, camping, hiking and outdoors.
- BEST MATERIALS - Durable 18/8 stainless steel interior and exterior withstand the demands of everyday use, ECO-FRIENDLY and BPA FREE.
If you love the features of the Thermos products on the list but don’t have the budget, check out Mixpresso Coffee Thermos. Like the Thermos vacuum flask, this also comes with vacuum insulation technology that locks and preserves the temperature of the beverage you are putting inside. This 17 oz flask is perfect for keeping tea, coffee, and other hot and cold drinks.
It’s also made of 18/8 stainless steel interior and exterior so it can withstand the daily demands of your busy life. With stainless construction, this thermos is corrosion and stain resistant, making it long-lasting. It’s compact with only 9.8 × 3.6 × 2.9 inches dimension and weighs 13.4oz.
Because it’s compact and light, transport is easy. It fits in most cup holders of a car and can be thrown inside your travel bag. It has a leak-proof twist and pour stopper, so you can travel worry-free.
- Has a safety slider to keep you from accidentally opening the lid
- Coffee retains great taste without any other flavors imparted by its interior
- Leak-proof and the price is just unbeatable
- The release button is below the lip, big enough that you’ll hit it in your face
- Very cheap and doesn’t seem to last long
- Could be a bit challenging to clean
Saving the world from lukewarm water, Hydro Flask gives you its best coffee thermos without anything fancy. The Hydro Flask Travel Coffee Flask, 20 oz Wide Mouth keeps cold beverages retain its temperature in 24 hours. For hot beverages, you can keep it hot up to six (6) hours with the help of TempShield insulation.
It’s made of durable food-grade 18/8 prog-grade stainless steel, BPA-free, and Phthalate-free. One nice feature about this new vacuum flask is that it’s compatible with other wide mount flex caps, lids, and so on. So, if you happen to break the lid of your Hydro Flask, don’t worry, you can easily get a replacement.
With these features, you can bring it to your next journey. That being said, this travel coffee flask features a slip-free grip and it’s made extra durable. Since this flask has a non-porous interior, it has lesser residual bacteria — for a healthier and better-tasting coffee.
- Reliable brand, you get excellent thermos
- You can find a replacement when you break or lose the lid
- Compact with 20 oz capacity and nice to carry around
- Relatively keeps cold beverages cool, but not for 24 hours
- Just leak-resistant and not leak-proof — still store it upwards
- The seal in the lid seems not to last for a long time
- Thermos vacuum insulation technology for maximum temperature retention, hot or cold; keeps liquids hot for 24 hours and cold for 24 hours
- Durable stainless steel interior and exterior
Another Thermos product on that list that still features its Thermos vacuum insulation technology, the Thermos Stainless King promises maximum temperature retention. It promises 24 hours retention for both hot drinks and cold beverages.
It’s made of durable stainless steel for interior and exterior, but it’s just cool to touch even if you have hot drinks inside. Likewise, if cold beverages will be stored inside, there’s no visible condensation, hence, it’s sweat proof. It has a wide mouth for easy refilling and leak-proof (when closed) so don’t need to worry about anything.
As one of the leaders in this industry, Thermos keeps bringing improvements to its products. It has a premium lid — twist and pour stopper so you can pour drinks without the need to take the stopper. It has a convenient carry handle and the lid doubles as a serving cup.
With solid construction and nice insulation, this is among the best 2L beverage bottles available. It’s BPA-free and backed by a five-year limited warranty.
- Seems to be durable and all parts are dishwasher safe
- Retains heat well, as well as keep your cold beverages cold
- The bottle and lid combo is perfect with the twist and pour stopper
- Does its job, but isn’t a quality product
- It’s hefty and heavy when it’s full
- Might have some issues cleaning the vacuum flask
- Our Lids Are Sealed AUTOSEAL technology is leak and spill proof (Yes there is a difference!)
- For the Long Haul : Drinks stay hot up to 5 hours and cold up to 12 with THERMALOCK Vacuum Insulation
In this fast-paced world, you always need a dose of your favorite coffee wherever you go. If you don’t have time to grab your drinks at Starbucks, why not brew your coffee and store it in Contigo AUTOSEAL West Loop Travel Mug? It’s an affordable travel mug that keeps contents hot for 5 hours or cold for up to 12 hours.
Its intelligent design adapts to any lifestyle with one-hand push-button drinking and it’s easy to clean the lid. A lid lock is added to keep things clean and dry — especially when you throw it inside your bag. It’s made of stainless steel with 16 oz volume capacity — enough to keep you moving throughout the day.
Additionally, it has a spill-proof feature with its Autoseal Technology. Simply press the sip and seal button and you can drink your coffee or tea without wasting for even a single drop. The lid is top-rack dishwasher safe, while the body is hand-wash only.
- Auto-lock and Autoseal Technology are the most reliable in the market
- Easy locking and unlocking with the use of a hand
- Guarantees cold/hot drinks after several hours
- Plastic lid, so it’s prone to breakage
- Bottle isn’t dishwasher safe — you need to know how to thoroughly clean it
- With its durability and style, heat retention should be longer
- Double-walled Vacuum-insulated stainless steel Travel mug keeps drinks cold up to 14 hours and hot up to 6 hours, without sweating
- Holds 16 ounces, or the equivalent of 2 cups, for easy refueling while traveling
Sharing most of its features with the Contigo AUTOSEAL West Loop Travel Mug, the Bubba HERO Fresh Travel Mug is the cheaper alternative for the best coffee thermos. The only prominent difference between the two is the comfortable non-slip silicone grip of this flask.
Featuring a double-walled vacuum-insulated flask, it’s more capable compared to the AUTOSEAL because it keeps cold drinks for up to 14 hours and hot for up to 6 hours. Like the Contigo AUTOSEAL, this too is leak-proof and sweat-proof. It holds 16 oz of your favorite coffee (2 cups) enough to refuel while you travel.
Aside from the safety grip, the Bubba Hero also comes with a silicone base to provide a skid-proof bottom. This travel mug is okay to tuck inside the bag or it fits into the car’s cup holder. It has an overall dimension of 3.34 x 3.34 x 8.26 inches.
- Spill-proof and keeps coffee beverages in drinkable temperature
- Travel mug doesn’t take too much space — can be put anywhere
- Can easily wash them in the sink
- Though made of stainless, the seam-design isn’t that appealing
- No carabiner to connect it to your bags
- Some users find the cup to be hot when hot drink is inside
- TRIPLE INSULATED WATTER BOTTLE: The triple insulation will keep your drinks cold for 36 hours and hot for 8 hours
- QUALITY: We've constructed the durable Perk insulated watter bottle from food grade premium 18/8 stainless steel with No BPA, No phthalates, No liners
Ecovessel just made a bold promise to keep cold coffee drinks for up to 36 hours. With the EcoVessel PERK Coffee Bottle, you can enjoy hot coffee for 8 hours and cold coffee for up to 36 hours. This travel mug has TriMax Triple Insulation, a removable tea strainer for loose tea or fruit infusion.
It’s made of 18/8 stainless steel, which is also BFA-free and a silicon base to keep it stable. This teal tumbler is made of vacuum insulated steel that is perfect for any kind of coffee drink — cold, hot, or iced. It comes with a spill-free push-lock lid to ensure safety and spill-free as you go.
It’s lightweight, with a maximum capacity of 16 oz — designed to be your companion wherever you go. It’s eco-friendly and all the parts of this coffee thermos are BPA-free. If you need more flavor to your coffee, use the removable tea or fruit strainer.
- Has an integrated lock for additional safety measures
- Convenient one-hand operation with a push of a button
- Lightweight, not that heavy even if it has something inside
- Not all coffee lovers love the simple design of the flask
- Can’t steep the tea, so it produces weaker tea
- Some users are disappointed as it can’t keep drinks hot for 8 hours
What to Consider When Buying a Coffee Thermos?
If you aren’t satisfied with the current coffee thermos you have, perhaps, you haven’t selected it according to your needs and preferences. So, aside from sharing with you our 10 best coffee thermos selections, we will be sharing with you some factors to consider if you need to pick a new thermos.
You should know that there is thermos designed for foods and liquids. And, since you know that you have to put coffee in it, go for the thermos that’s designed to hold liquid content. There are thermos flasks for hot drinks, for cold drinks, soup and so on.
Many thermos flasks are made of stainless steel — they are durable and easy to clean. You must not choose plastic because they do not retain heat, and they are easy to break, explained Flask HQ.
Lid of the Thermos
The next thing you should check after the thermos types is the lid. As you might have observed from the list, some cons are on stainless steel flasks with plastic lid. Even though the flask is great, the lid could be the discouragement.
Make sure that the lid is well-made and it’s easy to operate — some have a one-hand operation with a press of a button. Another good thing is to have a lid that doubles as a small cup you can use to sip your favorite coffee. Still, another thing you need to know is the replacement — some don’t have compatible replacements so beware.
Let’s not forget about the capacity of the thermos you want to have. If you need to have multiple servings or if you need to travel, you should go for a bigger thermos, revealed Thermos Facts. However, bringing a bigger thermos could mean heavier.
You need to weigh your options here. Either you can find a cheaper and handy thermos that doesn’t keep your hot coffee hot for long or you stick to bigger and bulkier ones. Still for long trips, and we suggest you to pack light — to get lightweight and handy thermos.
If you want your coffee hot and stays hot for several hours, this YouTube video could be a big help to you. It gives you five simple hacks or tips to keep your coffee hot when you like it hot.
Our Top Pick
Thermos has stood the test of time with over 110 years of experience in the industry. No wonder, in this roundup of the best coffee thermos, the clear winner is also from Thermos. The Thermos Vacuum Insulated Compact Beverage Bottle is a light and compact thermos you can bring anywhere you want.
It’s durable and made of pro-grade materials, plus the vacuum insulation technology allows your coffee to preserve that natural flavor and freshness. It promises 24 hours of hot coffee on demand.
This coffee thermos is designed to be very efficient and compact. Though it has a few drawbacks like limited color and lacks a handle, it’s still the choice of the crowd. With value and price in perfect harmony with each other – this Thermos could be the best travel buddy for outdoorsy coffee enthusiasts.
Today’s Deal on Our Top Pick