Having a cup of coffee is more enjoyable and exciting if you’re the one doing the grind and brew. However, grinding coffee grains yourself is more hassle than pre-ground coffee. But, with pre-ground coffee, you cannot indulge in the excitement when the aroma of the coffee filled your house or office.
Just to give you a hint, a grind a brew coffee maker is more convenient. However, it may take time to brew your coffee. But, the good news is, you can have a fresh, perfect and aromatic cup of coffee any time of the day. Here are the best grind and brew coffee makers in the market today.
The best grind and brew coffee maker for 2021 – top 10 picks
- KRUPS Grind and Brew Auto-start Coffee Maker
- Cuisinart DGB-700BC Grind & Brew Coffeemaker
- Capresso 464.05 CoffeeTeam GS Coffeemaker
- Cuisinart DGB-900BC Grind & Brew Automatic Coffeemaker
- Breville BDC650BSS Grind Control Coffee Maker
- KRUPS KM7005 Grind and Brew Coffee Maker
- Cuisinart DGB-600BC Grind & Brew
- Melitta MEMB1B Mill & Brew Coffeemaker
- Cuisinart DGB-550BK Grind & Brew Automatic Coffeemaker
- BLACK+DECKER Mill and Brew Coffeemaker
For coffee lovers who want convenience, having a grind and brew coffee maker is a life-saver. Savoring the aroma from grinding to brewing is like a stress reliever. Hence, KRUPS Grind and Brew Auto-Start Coffee Maker is the best pick for you.
It’s packed with features like 5-setting conical burr grinder, strength and intensity controls, and a 2 to 10 cup grinding selectors. And, you can program the coffee maker to make your coffee just when you need a cup with its ‘Auto On’ function.
This coffee maker plus grinder system is affordable and ideal for office use for busy people. With its “Keep Warm 2 Hours” function, you can make coffee now and consume it later — whenever you have time. And, you still can enjoy a great-tasting coffee.
- Has intuitive controls for easy set-up
- With “Keep Warm 2 Hours” function
- Pause and Serve feature for serving any time
- Inconsistent coffee grounds
- Not for novice since there are no grinding levels
If you want a quick grind and brew coffee maker, go for Cuisinart DGB-700BC Grind & Brew Coffemaker. It serves up to 12 cups in one grinding.
Select how strong your coffee or how fine-tune your grinding will be is with corresponding intuitive controls. It has water and coffee filter. These ensure you’ll get the cleanest and purest coffee each time you need a kick to continue your day.
BPA-free and you can assure of its material quality. Good news is, it has a 24-hour fully programmable function that prepares your coffee automatically every morning.
- 24-Hour fully programmable for a fresh hot coffee the next morning
- Has strength selector and grind control
- Has measuring scoop to achieve the best coffee to water ratio
- LCD Screen display is not lighted
- Carafe included is a little fragile
- Cleaning the machine is tricky and time-consuming
The burr grinder of the Capresso 464.05 CoffeeTeam GS Coffeemaker has the same performance as the automatic coffee centers. It’s made of solid steel which produces finer and more consistent coffee grounds than the blade grinder.
You can program the machine to grind 2, 4, 6, 8 or 10 cups, with strength you can adjust either, mild, regular or strong. With the CoffeeTEAM GS, you can program the coffee maker to grind specific amount of grains. Then, it’ll proceed immediately to brewing.
It has 10-cup glass carafe which is made efficient for drip-free pouring. In addition, The machine can be used with or without the grinder. So, if you have pre-ground coffee, choose the BREW mode and you can have a cup of coffee in an instant.
- Easy to clean; don’t require cleaning every day
- Sleek and very easy to carry around and store
- Easy to use controls with an LCD screen display
- Grinder is a bit noisy, but bearable
- Can’t handle oily beans, hence, needs to be cleaned thoroughly
The beauty of having a coffee maker lies in being able to prepare any coffee any time of the day. Your coffee experience will even be more fulfilling if you will grind your coffee. Good thing there is Cuisinart DGB-900BC Grind & Brew Automatic Coffeemaker that lets you do away all the hassles.
There’s an 8-ounce bean hopper capable of holding up to half a pound of beans. You can adjust the strength and the grind control for a more customized cup of coffee. A user manual is included with this coffee maker to maximize its function and usage.
This coffee maker has a 24-hour fully programmable feature that prepares your coffee as you wake up. It has a ‘brew-pause’ feature that helps you prepare the right amount of coffee you need. Plus, it has an ‘auto shut off’ and ‘grind off’ functionalities for much easier operation.
- Smaller and more compact, perfect if you have a smaller kitchen
- 24-fully programmable and brews quickly
- Reliable thermal carafe that retains the initial temperature of coffee for hours
- No hot plate though, has a good thermal carafe
- LCD screen display is not easily readable
A stainless steel coffee maker packed with various features, Breville BDC650BSS Grind Control Coffee Maker is the thing you need. You can choose the strength of your coffee because it offers eight strength levels. You can use pre-ground or maximize the bean hopper which can accommodate up to half a pound for grinding.
It comes with a 12-cup carafe and a 60oz water tank. It can be programmed to auto-start grinding and brewing and have it ready when you need your next cup of coffee. So, all you need to do is have a few tweaks in the setting, add water and coffee beans, then, wake up with a freshly brewed coffee ready for you.
This machine has an LCD screen display that shows all the information about your preferred settings. You can remove the drip tray in order to use taller cups, like the travel mugs. So, whether you need a hot shot or a mug of coffee, this machine is perfect for you.
- Adjustable grind and temperature control
- Has water level monitor and overflowing alert
- High maintenance and cleaning required
- More expensive than other models of the same functionality
- Takes longer time to brew
If you need not just one, but, a high-dose of coffee at work, KRUPSKM7005 Grind and Brew Coffee Maker helps you with that. It has a functionality that lets you keep your coffee hot for 2 hours. With ‘pause and serve’ feature, you can get a cup of coffee anytime, just remove the carafe and pour the amount of coffee you desire.
It has cup digital settings, where you have the option to choose 2,4,6,8 and 10 cups. This important feature will allow you to control the coffee-water ratio. So, even if you serve 10 cups for the team, you still got the taste you desire.
It has steel conical burr grinder that can grind in five different levels. You can also adjust the strength of your coffee – mild, medium and strong. It even has an aroma function for you to have a bar experience, like you’re a professional barista brewing your coffee.
- Sturdy designed, very reliable when grinding
- Custom grinding and strength settings
- Reliable water filter, very easy to clean
- Much expensive and heavier
- Water stop circulating at some point
Coffee lovers and busy people who want to have a cup of coffee to kick start their days have their unique coffee choices. So, Cuisinart DGB-600BC Grind & Brew allows you to prepare and brew your coffee with its finest features. It’s a coffee maker with grinder that is made of steel for durability and functionality.
It comes with a double-wall insulated carafe that stores up to 10 cups of a 5oz espresso shot. It’s 24-hour fully programmable, so your favorite coffee is ready the next morning. And, if you don’t need to wait for the process to finish, the ‘brew pause’ feature steals you a cup whenever you need it.
The grinder can be removed for easy cleaning and access. Charcoal water filter is reliable to remove impurities and chlorine from tap water. So, it’s safe and very easy to use, perfect for home and office brewing.
- Space-saving, perfect for bringing it to the office or room
- Grinder works well and not that noisy
- Need to clean up all parts before using
- Can’t adjust grinder setting, you can simply turn it “ON”
- Moisture builds up in the grinder, need to wipe
Looking for a grinder that has different grinding setting? Look no further for Melitta MEMB1B Mill & Brew Coffemaker gives you the convenience of a 7-grinding setting. You can choose from mild to coarse depending on your preferences.
It has a permanent stainless-steel filter basket, which eliminates the use of disposable filters. Water reservoir has gauge up to 10 cups, which you can adjust the water level depending on your needs. Grinding and brewing can be set to automatically proceed at the time you set it to make you a cup of coffee.
Using ground coffee will automatically initiate the coffee-making process without the need to set up the time. When you remove the glass carafe from nonstick warming plate, the dripping will cease. So, like the brew pause feature, you can have a sip of your freshly brewed coffee even if the process is still going on.
- The coffee is tasty and consistent
- Water reservoir is clear, so you can see the water level
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Some parts are made of plastic, which isn’t quite reliable
- Coffee is not hot enough, need to be rewarmed
If you want a programmable and ergonomic coffee maker with grinder, the Cuisinart DGB-550BK Grind & Brew Automatic Coffeemaker is the best for you. It’s packed with useful features that help busy people enjoy a cup of coffee. Whether you like it in the morning or anytime of the day, this machine is always ready.
It has a 12-cup glass carafe if you want to prepare more coffee for the team or your family. Like other coffee maker with grinder, you can either ground coffee beans or just use pre-ground coffee. There’s the 1-4 cup feature that lets you brew stronger coffee once you turn it on.
The grinder and the filter are separate for easy cleaning. With the charcoal water filter and the coffee allows you to have a pure and fresh cup of coffee. If you can’t wait for the brewing to finish, you can sneak a cup with the ‘Brew Pause’ feature.
- Reliable, durable and high-quality machine
- Coffee comes very hot, perfect if you really need super hot coffee
- Produces incredible taste of coffee
- A bit noisy when you’re grinding coffee beans
- Setting the machine to more than 4 cups of water makes the coffee weaker
- There are too many parts to clean after using the machine
A more advanced BLACK+DECKER 12-Cup Mill and Brew Coffeemaker is a reliable partner when it comes to preparing your favorite coffee. It has top of the line grinder/brew filter for faster and fresher brewing. And, it’s very easy to clean and maintain.
If you want a more enjoyable brewing time, you may opt to grind whole beans. However, if you have a pre-ground coffee, you can simply turn off the grinder for normal brewing. No matter how you brew your coffee, you’ll be able to achieve the full flavor and aroma of your favorite coffee.
With the custom brewing, strength selector and its programmable feature, brewing has never been this great. Furthermore, it has a backlit display that shows all the settings you have for the machine.
- Very easy to use and clean
- Cheaper, but worth it
- Need to be configured correctly to produce good coffee
- There’s leaking after using it for some time
HOW TO CHOOSE THE GRIND AND BREW COFEE MAKER?
When choosing coffee makers, it would be a plus if it has a grinder. However, it’s kinda hard to really pinpoint the one, which you can rely on for your daily coffee cravings. So, to narrow down your options, here are some tips for you to go on with your quest:
Type of Grinder
Different grinders make different grind quality. So, it needs knowledge on whether to choose burr or blade or ceramic or steel(source).
It’s very important to have a full control of the settings. And, having an intuitive screen display gives you the upper hand.
OUR CHOICE FOR THE BEST COFFEE MAKER WITH GRINDER
We’ve found the best that answers all your coffee needs. The KRUPS Grind and Brew Auto-Start Coffee Maker is packed with a lot of features that makes coffee brewing more exciting. From is programmability to its great functionality, it sure is a great company at home or in the office.
Though it might be more expensive than others, but, isn’t worth it if you know you can get barista-grade coffee anytime with a press of a button? If you love good coffee, then, this grind and brew coffee maker is what you are looking for. Go try it yourself for a satisfying cup of coffee you’ll surely enjoy!
Are grind and brew coffee makers good?
Yes, grind and brew coffee makers are good. Why? Because you get the best of both worlds: a grinder and a coffee maker in one machine.
What is the best coffee maker grinder combo?
The best coffee grinder combo is KRUPS Grind and Brew Auto-Start Coffee Maker.
Is it better to have a separate coffee grinder?
In some cases, yes. With a separate coffee grinder, you can grind your coffee for different brew styles: French press, brewed, or espresso. On the other hand, if you want convenience, a grind and brew coffee make is preferable.
Does coffee grinder make difference?
Yes, absolutely. A freshly grinded coffee bean is better as it produces a bolder and more robust flavor profile compared to a pre-ground coffee.
How fine should I grind my coffee?
It depends on how are you going to use it. As a general rule of thumb, use coarse grind for French press and cold brew, medium-coarse for pour over, medium grind for machine drip, fine grind for moka pot, and extra fine for turkish moka pot.
Is a grind and brew coffee maker worth it?
This is really a case-to-case basis. For some people who wants to manually grind their coffee, this type of coffee machine may not work for them. However, for people who wants convenience, this is definitely a worthy buy.
How much should I pay for a coffee maker with grinder?
A good budget range for a decent coffee maker with grinder is around $100-$200.