You don’t need to spend a lot of money for a decent coffee maker.
You can find inexpensive models that get the job done and save you money in the process.
Here are 10 of the best coffee makers under $100, all from different brands so there is something for everyone.
The best coffee makers under $100
- Cuisinart DCC-3200
- BUNN GRB Velocity Brew
- Hamilton Beach 49980A Coffee Maker
- Cuisinart DCC-1200
- Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Coffee Maker
- Bonavita BV1900TS
- Cuisinart DCC-3000
- Braun KF6050WH BrewSense
- Cuisinart DCC-1100
- Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker
Make the most out of your coffee experience at home or in the office with Cuisinart DCC-3200 Programmable Coffeemaker. It’s designed with the state-of-the-art technology that makes hotter coffee without sacrificing the taste and quality.
Whether you want bold or regular coffee, with quick set up, you’ll have your coffee at your preferred time of the day. Thanks to its 24-hour programmable function that lets you eliminate the hassle of operating the machine every single day. With adjustable keep warm temperature control, you’ll enjoy just the right hotness of your coffee.
It also has programmable self clean feature and 1–4 cup setting. The Brew Pause™feature allows you to get coffee even if the brewing is still in progress. It has a 60-Second Reset function that helps the machine recall the last setting and the brewing process of the previous operation — advantage in case there’s a short power outage.
- The 60-second reset function that recalls the previous setting of the interrupted brewing process
- Highly programmable for more convenience
- Easy to use, produces great and delicious coffee
- Important to change the filter often (monthly)
- Lots of steam comes out at the top
- Brewing is slower than normal
Before choosing a coffee brewer, consider if it’s easy to set-up and operate. Well, if you are looking for easy-to-operate home brewer, the BUNN GRB Velocity Brew 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer is perfect for you. Its set up process quick and brews a full pot (10 cups) in just 3 minutes.
This fast brewing process can be attributed to the “always hot” stainless steel water tank ready for ‘hot water on demand.’ So, for busy people, this is a great choice. For its rich and consistent coffee flavor, credit it to the multi-steam spay head that evenly distributes water to the coffee grounds.
- Always on stainless steel water tank for hot coffee on demand
- Achieves and maintains brewing temperature — 200 degrees
- Has sturdy build and quite easy to operate
- More expensive for what it’s worth
- Overflowing problem with the flow restrictor
For coffee aficionados who demand full pot of coffee, the Hamilton Beach 49980A Coffee Maker Single Serve is a wise choice. It’s affordable, low maintenance and gives you premium quality brewed coffee.
Each brewer has its own unique features and functionalities. The carafe side has a large water tank with measurement markings and has ‘keep-hot warming plate’ up to two hours. The single-serve side has a standard water reservoir for one-time filling. It has multilevel cup rests to accommodate different cup sizes.
And when you’re on-the-go, the single-serve side allows you to add grinds into the mesh filter or insert a soft pod — to fuel your day with a great-tasting coffee. You can choose between regular or bold coffee strength. It has LCD display and buttons that lets you set the time for 24-hour programmability function.
- Produce constant good-tasting coffee every time
- Easy to use and great value for its price
- Programmable to either a certain time or 24 hours from the time you set it
- Single-serve only works for loose coffee grounds and disk-shaped soft pods
- Challenging to clean
Cuisinart is a known brand when it comes to coffee makers. Skip your coffee preparations with the help of Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central Coffeemaker. It’s fully programmable that lets you set it to wake up each morning and brew a cup of coffee for you.
It comes with a 12-cup carafe with a dripless spout allowing you to care-less about the mess and enjoy your coffee. It has an adjustable heater plate (low, medium, high) perfect if you want your coffee to be served hot or just warm.
You can select 1-4 setting if you brew less than 5 cups of coffee. A very useful brew pause feature helps you quickly grab a cup even if the process is still going on. Lastly, it has a charcoal water filter and permanent gold tone filter to ensure you get the natural and bold coffee flavor.
- Has a different temperature setting for brewing your coffee
- When it works fine, it really makes good coffee — regular or bold
- Has cleaning alerts and efficient self-cleaning functionality
- Brews very slowly and ends before it completes a brewing cycle
- Water volume indicator is not visible, need to look closer
- Doesn’t keep the coffee hot; hot plate turns off after brewing
Brew a full pot or just a cup? Hamilton Beach (49976) FlexBrew Coffee Maker lets you do that. It comes with an adjustable cup rest that allows you to fit different cup sizes — tall 8” travel mugs or espresso cups.
The two brewers (single and 12oz full pot) have their own water reservoirs. Each is easy to fill from the top of the machine and has a clear water window to check water level. Either brewer can brew either a maximum of 10oz coffee pods or 14oz of pre-ground coffee.
You have the option to either have a bold or regular coffee strength. You can set the time for the next brewing cycle. Of course, it has the Auto Pause and Serve function that quickly get you a cup of coffee even if brewing is still ongoing.
- Great value for money and very easy to use
- Coffee comes out hotter and tastier, especially on the single-serve side
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Difficult to refill water when placed under kitchen cabinet, need to be pulled out
- Coffee taste is inconsistent, especially the carafe side
- Single-serve side coffee is great but takes a while to fill a cup
While you may be fond of Starbucks or Boss Coffee, but you can save a lot if you buy a coffee maker at home. If you are too afraid to make the investment, we recommend Bonavita BV1900TS 8-Cup One-Touch Coffee Maker.
It’s easy to use and programmable. With one-touch operation, you’ll be able to have a coffee that’s well-brewed. Process like degassing and ensuring 1500-watt heater maintains the brewing temperature at 195-205 degrees to ensure uniform coffee grounds.
It takes Bonavita 6 minutes to brew and fill its 8-cup stainless steel carafe. The shower head and the technology used in this machine ensure even distribution of water to the coffee ground. Therefore, you can achieve artisan-quality of your brewed coffee.
- Water tank can be filled above or onto the side, very accessible
- Brewing temperature reaches up to 200 degrees
- Fast brewing resulting in a not-so-good taste of coffee
- Carafe doesn’t have a spout, needs a lid for pouring
If you aren’t a frequent coffee drinker and you need a coffee maker, Cuisinart DCC-3000 Coffeemaker is your best bet. It’s among the most affordable coffee makers that dispenses a single-serve coffee.
Its coffee reservoir holds up to 12 (5oz) cups of coffee. Both the coffee and water reservoir are removable for easy refilling and cleanup.
With its simple controls, you can maximize its 24-hour programmability with an adjustable auto-off function. Therefore, you don’t need to plug in and plug out the machine. And, you can skip your daily coffee preparation since this machine will automatically serve you one.
- Easy to steal a cup of coffee while brewing
- Operates quietly and beeps inaudibly too
- Has a gauge that shows how much coffee left before the next refill
- The unit is hard to clean and maintain, especially the reservoir
- Doesn’t really brew hot coffee (if you want very hot) only tepid
There are so many factors that affect the flavor of your coffee. Braun KF6050WH BrewSense Drip Coffee Maker has pure flavor technology that each cup of coffee is made at the right temperature and the right brewing time. Hence, the coffee extracted is best-tasting and flavorful.
It’s designed for elegance and easy storage. The accessible control panel is very helpful to set all your preferences and time timer. It has a visible clock where you can see the time anywhere in your kitchen.
Every sip is valuable since the coffee is pure and has essential oils with its gold-tone filter. In addition, the charcoal filter purifies the water for your coffee. You can choose 1-4 cup setting for single-serve or brew a full 12cup pot using its carafe.
Related: Best Drip coffee Makers
- Nice footprint (ideal height and width) for keeping or putting under kitchen cabinet
- Got lots of features that are easy to use
- Nice carafe that has a small click-resistance that lets you safely pour a cup of coffee even at a steep angle
- Cannot adjust the strength of coffee and brewing temperature
- Display screen is difficult to read
Are you a fan of Cuisinart, yet, you can’t afford its top-end products? Well, you may try the very affordable Cuisinart DCC-1100 Coffeemaker. Like the top-of-the-line products, it’s packed with Cuisinart’s great features.
This cheap Cuisinart is fully automatic, programmable to brew coffee every 24 hours, has self-cleaning feature and so much more. You can choose from single serve (choose 1-4 cups setting) or a 12-cup of coffee with its carafe. You can use the Brew Pause to enjoy a cup of coffee before the brewing ends.
Just like DCC-3200, this one also has the 60-second reset that remembers the setting and the brewing process of the interrupted brewing. So, once the power is back, the machine will just pick up where it left the last time and serve you the hot coffee you need.
- Temperature of the brewed coffee is just perfect
- Has multiple settings that are easy to manipulate
- Produce great-tasting coffee, at it’s hot if you want it hotter
- It’s a bit loud while brewing, but not something you can’t deal with
- Water reservoir is at the back of the machine
If you want a simple and straightforward brewing process for your coffee, use Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker. It can give you either a single-serve coffee or a cup of 12 using its carafe. It has notable features that are unique to this model only.
Like the ‘Brew Pause’ of other coffee makers, it also has a ‘Grab-A-Cup Auto Pause’ function that allows you to interrupt the brewing process. This lets you have a cup and it’ll continue once you place the carafe back to its position. It’s easy to use, producing a great-tasting coffee.
With the Lift and Clean Filter Basket, cleaning and filling are made a breeze. It has a dual water window that helps you check the water level for a refill and prevent overflows. It has an on/off indicator to confirm whether your machine is on or not.
- Lift and Clean Filter basket is great for easy cleaning and filling
- Among the cheapest, yet great coffee maker on the list
- Easily programmable and have a coffee whenever you want it
- Brewing coffee below optimal temperature
- No alerts when to clean the machine, so you got to put reminders
Being able to find cheaper products that have value is a challenge. There are so many things to consider. Thankfully, coffee lovers share their opinions on being wise to choose coffee makers that really last even under $100.
Simple and Easy Controls
You can expect this for cheap coffee machines. However, just make sure controls are reliable and can be adjusted without any problem.
The carafe needs to be reliable, like double walled stainless steel ones. It’s unlikely to get quality carafe at this price. All you need to do is to be wise and choose the one that doesn’t just look reliable, but really reliable.
Even though you only got a $100 budget, it doesn’t mean you have the luxury to wait for minutes for your cup of coffee. However, it’s very important to consider the quality of the coffee it produced. Hence, you need to find a coffee maker that brews quickly and brews great coffee.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the best drip coffee maker?
The best drip coffee maker is Cuisinart DCC-3200 Programmable Coffeemaker.
What is a drip coffee maker?
A drip coffee maker uses a process where heated drops of water are forced upward out of the shower head, and distributed over the coffee grounds. This water then runs through ground of coffee, and “drips” into the filter, into the basket, and into the pot.
Is Mr. coffee a good brand?
Yes, Mr. coffee is a good brand. One of its good coffee makers is the Mr. Coffee Barista.
What makes a good coffee maker?
A good coffee maker is not overly priced, but is reliable, durable, and is packed with a lot of features.
How much is a good coffee machine?
A good coffee machine could cost at around $100 to $300.
Is a cheap coffee maker worth It?
Cheap coffee makers are for budget-savvy coffee lovers. If the coffee maker is reliable, and durable, it’s definitely worth it.
How long does a cheap coffee maker last?
It really depends on how you often use the coffee maker. If it lasts for more than a year, consider it a good return of investment on your par.
The 10 products mentioned above are already a great bang for the buck. Why? Because you’ll get a good product in less than $100, and they are offered with warranty. However, for the price and the value, we choose Cuisinart DCC-3200 Programmable Coffeemaker as the best coffee maker under $100.
This coffee machine is packed with excellent features like those in top-end products. Programmable, easy-to-use and durable, perfect appliance in the kitchen or at the office.