With the increasing number of coffee lovers, restaurants and cafes, even hotels need to invest in one. However, you cannot just pick any coffee makers out there. Given the fact that you are serving your customers, it’s important to give them your best.
So, for $2000 budget, you are guaranteed of a good coffee machine – but that depends on what type of machine you need. If you want a commercial espresso machine, you might need to increase your budget. Otherwise, you need to swim in the stream of coffee makers.
But, don’t dive in yet as we’ve already prepared something for you. We’ve done rigorous research, check customer reviews, and compiled the best coffee machines under $2000. Before deciding what to buy, make sure you’ve read our review, so you won’t regret your choice.
Here are our top picks for the best machines under $2000 in 2020
- Automatically grinds, doses & tamps the required amount of Coffee for mess Free, barista Quality Espresso
- Programmable hands Free milk texturing with automatic purge; Water tank Capacity : 84 ounce;Voltage: 110 to 120 Volts
Grinding, coffee dosing, tamping and milk frothing, you can do it easily with Breville BES980XL Oracle Espresso Machine. You can extract espresso and froth milk at the same time. So, you can quickly prepare your favorite milk-based drinks in less than a minute.
It has a built-in PID so temperature fluctuation is minimized, brewing is always at the ideal temperature. It has dual stainless steel boilers and dual 15-bar Italian pumps. So, every time you pull a cup of espresso, you know it’s been optimally extracted without the burnt taste.
It has 84oz water tank, 3 preset and 6 customizable settings and a portafilter capable of tamping 22g of coffee. It has a one-touch Americano double espresso and hot water at a dedicated spout. Has a flexible shot control where you can choose one shot, two shots or manual espresso dose setting.
- Grinder makes great coffee grounds (with high-quality beans)
- Espresso is way tastier and preparation is easy
- Can brew while steaming
- Water pump is noisy, yet won’t pump water
- Portafilter is not accepted by the machine
- Milk is not hot enough
- Thermoblock 2010 pump heats and steams faster
- Height-adjustable dual spout; Fine foam technology
The smallest one-touch automatic cappuccino machine is Jura ENA Micro 9 One Touch Automatic Coffee Machine. Though small, but it’s packed with mind-blowing features and programmable settings.
The operation is fast and easy, mostly in a single touch of a button. If you like latte macchiato or cappuccino or just water, there’s a dedicated button for that. It has traffic light indicators that let you know whether the machine is doing something or it’s ready for the next brew.
As mentioned, these machines have quite a lot of controls, but they are easy to use. Among them are the programmable amount of water (for each preparation), coffee strength, programmable switch-off, etc. It has an adjustable dual spout for coffee and milk. It heats up faster and steams fast, as well.
- The world’s smallest, yet reliable one-touch automatic machine
- Adjustable coffee strength, better coffee quality
- Milk frother might be cumbersome to use
- Coffee and milk couldn’t get any hotter
- Dual stainless steel boilers and dual Italian pumps for simultaneous espresso extraction and steaming
- Over-Pressure Valve (OPV) limits extraction pressure;Flexible Shot Control
Consider having all dual boilers, dual pumps, over-pressure-valve (OPV), flexible shots and more to your coffee machine. Yes, you have it all with a Breville BES920XL Dual Boiler Espresso Machine. But, it’s not just about espresso, it has a manual steam wand so that you can achieve micro-foam for your latte.
Related: Breville Dual Boiler Review
It has an electronic PID that maintains and minimizes fluctuations in water temperature. This means you’ll get a consistent taste of your coffee drinks every time you brew. It comes with a manual steam wand to give extra smoothness and micro-foaming touch to your coffee.
It has a backlit LCD that displays brewing temperature. With all controls accessible in front, it’s really very easy to use and operate. It has 84 oz(2.5L) water tank with a dedicated hot water outlet.
- Powerful boilers capable of simultaneous operations
- Easy to use and starts up quickly
- Built-in cleaning system
- Has a weaker steam wand
- Complete cleaning the machine is not quick and simple
- Adjustable telescopic coffee dispenser with a maximum height of a little over 6-1/2-inch to accommodate a wide variety of cup sizes
- Milk carafe capacity 0,6 L.Ceramic burr grinder with integrated bean hopper and double lid aroma saver
Gaggia 1003380 Accademia Espresso Machine is among the few that features both carafe and steam wand. It has an adjustable telescopic coffee dispenser, allowing you to use different cup sizes. It has a ceramic burr grinder and bean hopper that gives you a more optimal grinding.
Related: Gaggia Accademia Review
This coffee machine has 1.7L water reservoir with programmable coffee quantity between 7-10 cups. With its pre-brewing system, infusion of water to the coffee grounds gives a full-flavored coffee. It has detachable auto-frothing milk carafe, so you can do quick milk-based drinks.
All buttons and controls are in front for more accessibility. Flow knob is a great control for you to get a stronger or lighter espresso. Manual steam wand is reliable in making latte art and more.
- Has a reliable ceramic burr grinder
- Programmable coffee quantity
- Drip tray needs constant cleaning and emptying
- Average brewing temperature is at a maximum of 168 degrees
- Makes 6 specialty drinks including: cappuccino, Coffee, two coffees, Espresso, two Espresso, milk foam
- Controls make it easy to find, customize and brew your favorite drinks
If you are looking for the most versatile coffee machine, Jura 15070 E6 Automatic Coffee Center is the best fit to that description. It has a sleek design combined with state-of-the-art controls for the best coffee experience ever. You can make not just espresso, but six specialty drinks including cappuccino, milk foam and more.
Related: Jura E6 Review
Its pulse extraction process gives you a richer and fuller cup of coffee and the best aroma for every specialty drink. It comes with 8 different strength levels you can choose from. Dual coffee and milk spouts are available to make cappuccino easily.
Its modern TFT color display is very intuitive. In addition, all buttons are positioned right in front for more convenience. You can pull two cups at the same time, so couples can enjoy their drinks together.
- Milk tank is removable and milk pitcher has a self-cleaning system
- Adjust settings, even before brewing or while brewing
- Double espresso is kinda weak from this machine
- Cleaning needs attention, especially the milk side
- Direct Sensor Control Panel with 4 lines of text
- OneTouch for Two - the ability to make two drinks at once with the touch of a button
A classy design you can’t overlook in anyone’s kitchen, the Miele CM6310 – White Coffee Machine is a beautiful coffee maker. This is among the most versatile one-touch machine capable of making two drinks at a time.
There are four main symbols, that can work magic in your coffee drinks. You can save different settings up to four user profiles, which you can access when you brew your coffee. Then, with a single touch or two, you will be able to have your coffee right away.
You can have a single or double shot espresso, cafe latte, macchiato, and a lot more variety. It has dedicated spout for hot water and it has a cup warmer. You’ll have a great and amazing experience.
- Very customizable and do a different variety of drinks
- Simple and very easy to use
- Can save up to four different user profiles
- The most expensive machine in this list
- Requires more maintenance and cleaning
- ONE TOUCH: Prepare 6 barista quality specialties including espresso, coffee, cappuccino and latte macchiato at the touch of a button
- PERFECT ESPRESSO: Ultimate coffee quality thanks to JURA's exclusive Pulse Extraction Process
Another one-touch machine for convenience, the Jura 15116 ENA Micro 90 Espresso Machine is a reliable machine for your needs. It makes not only espresso, but specialty drinks latte macchiato, cappuccino and more. If you need plain hot water, you can get it right away with a press of a button.
It has aroma G3 grinder that is fast and efficient in grinding the coffee beans, preserving its full aroma. The brewing unit holds 6 to 10 grams that makes a perfect cup of coffee all the time. With pulse extraction process (P.E.P.) each coffee ground is guaranteed to be optimally extracted for a wonderful cup of coffee.
It has a 15-bar pump and 36.8oz water tank capacity. The controls and buttons are selected through the rotary switch, so it’s not quite difficult to get your settings right. You can easily slide the coffee machine in your kitchen corner because it’s very compact.
- Perfect, sleek and compact espresso machine
- Easy to use, has easy to understand instructions
- Has a smaller water tank
- Construction is made of mostly plastic, it should be metal for its price point
- Brews automatically in 12 or 24 cup increments per cycle.
- Hot water faucet lets you draw steaming hot water for tea or soups- even during brewing. This coffee brewer has advanced features designed to be the leading commercial coffee brewer and restaurant coffee brewer.
With 70 years of experience, Wilbur Curtis has made various quality products including the Wilbur Curtis Gemini Twin Coffee Brewer. It has a twin coffee brewing that has a 1.5gal water reservoir. It’s a perfect tool machine in hotels, restaurants, and other food establishments.
You can program it to automatically brew 12 or 24 cups of coffee in one brewing cycle. With its automatic timer, you’ll be able to brew 24 cups without reloading.
It has a hot water faucet that lets you collect steaming hot water for your tea or cereal, even while you are brewing coffee. There’s double-wall insulation in each server that helps you keep your coffee hot for an extended time without cooling down. The coffee remains flavorful and rich for a few more hours.
- Auto-brewing of 12 or 24 cups
- Easy to use, very low maintenance
- Double-wall insulation keeps coffee warm for hours
- Learning is quite steep, need prior brewing experience
- Need to empty the pot before making a pot full, otherwise, it’ll overflow
- Eliminates waste by brewing one fresh cup at a time from a wide variety of coffee and tea pods
- Automatically disposes of spent pods after each brew
Although this coffee maker might not be ideal for cafes and hotel restaurants, this is perfect for office, reception, and spa. The BUNN My Cafe AP Auto Eject Pod Brewer is a single-cup system that brews all types of coffee and coffee pods. By its name, it has an automatic pod disposal system that gives you convenience when you are using coffee or tea pods.
With its push-and-hold water button, you can have 10oz of hot water for your cereal, cocoa, milk, among others. And, in less than a minute you can brew your tea or your coffee.
The spray head is very reliable in giving the perfect extraction allowing all elements in your coffee/tea to be in your drink. It has an LCD screen display that shows settings in English and Spanish for easier programming and operation.
- Brews a great-tasting coffee/tea
- Good office coffee maker
- Accepts all types of pods
- For the LCD display, might need a manual and take time to set up
- May sometimes spill out water only instead of coffee
- Dual Shuttle brewer (2 CS-LL Shuttle included) 120/208 volt; Commercial and Industrial usage
- Simple to operate control panel
A heavy-duty, dual shutter brewer with stainless basket is a very reliable coffee maker for your restaurant or cafe. The Grindmaster-Cecilware P400E Dual Shutter Brewer has a commercial-grade performance for industrial usage.
It’s very simple to operate and has only a few controls so you won’t be confused. Since, it’s dual brewer, it can be used by two people simultaneously. Unfortunately, this model doesn’t have a grinder but delivers a great-tasting coffee.
Cecilware P400E has different brewing capabilities and has a hot water faucet. It has a water capacity of 1.5 gallons. It’s designed for quick and easy access to components in front and it’s transportable.
- A heavy-duty coffee machine capable of rigorous usage
- Your coffee is kept from dust or dirt
- Doesn’t have a grinder for whole coffee beans
- Can’t be placed under most kitchen cabinets, very tall (28in)
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST COFFEE MACHINE UNDER $2000
If you are going to invest in expensive coffee machines, it’s important to think twice. Put your trust and your money on something that gives you maximum ROI. So, before jumping into the waters, check it first. Here are some points that you might need to ponder.
Pump driven or Steam driven
For this type of coffee machines, you should choose whether pump or steam driven. The former can produce cup after cup of espresso while the latter gives a carafe each time.
It’s time for you to choose whether to have a built-in or separate grinder. Depending on your need, and which is more convenient to you. However, we recommend having a separate grinder even though semi-automatic machines have grinders already.
If you consider buying for your cafe, then, make sure your coffee machine is capable of preparing lattes or cappuccinos. Be sure to check that milk frother or steamer is included.
Deciding what to buy, especially when it involves a big amount should be given much thought. This YouTube video might help you handpick the one coffee machine that you need.
OUR CHOICE FOR THE BEST COFFEE MACHINE UNDER $2000
You are now a good and wise buyer if you’ll buy the Breville Oracle Espresso Machine. For us, it’s the best coffee machine that doesn’t cost much of your fortune. It has an adjustable coffee dispenser and programmable controls, making it a great choice for everyone.
So, whether you’re undecided or has already had another choice, why don’t you check this product first. With all its features, indeed it’s worth looking and worth buying. Won’t you tell us your bet as well?
Latest Deals on Our Top Pick