When you enjoy the coffee preparations more than just grabbing a cup of coffee, you are more likely to prepare an automatic pour over coffee.
And, to make the best coffee without taking too much time, you need the best automatic pour over coffee maker.
But, will you still achieve the best taste of pour over coffee if you won’t spend minutes preparing for it?
The good news is, even though you won’t enjoy the process of the traditional pour over coffee preparations, you still achieve the clarity of flavor and the consistency of punch.
The automatic pour over coffee makers we have in this list is the best based on our intensive research and use.
From hundreds of automatic pour over coffee machines that we compare, we are down to ten.
And, at the end of this article, you’ll get to know some aspects you should look for in a pour over coffee machine.
The best automatic pour over coffee makers 2021
- Cuisinart CPO-850P1 Coffee Brewer
- KitchenAid KCM0802CU Pour Over Coffee Brewer
- Breville BDC450 Precision Brewer Coffee Maker
- OXO BREW 9 Cup Coffee Maker
- Redline MK1 Coffee Brewer
- Bonavita BV1900TS One-Touch Coffee Maker
- Motif Elements Pour-Over Style Coffee Brewer
- Wilfa Precision Automatic Coffee Brewer
- Gourmia GCM3250 Digital Touch Pour-Over Coffee Maker
- Brim 8-cup Pour Over Coffee Maker
You know it’s the best automatic pour over coffee maker when it’s SCAA certified. At the top of our list is the best from Cuisinart, the Cuisinart Cuisinart CPO-850P1 Coffee Brewer. It’s an automatic pour over coffee brewer with a thermal carafe that delivers excellent café-quality coffee.
At the price everyone can afford, it’s equipped with superior flavor extraction and pre-wets the coffee grounds to extract the coffee’s natural taste. Though made of plastic with stainless steel color finish, it has a unique laser-etched stainless steel permanent filter that provides the best coffee experience. Additionally, it has charcoal water and #4 paper filter starter pack.
Among the features it’s known for are the 24-hour programmability, auto-on, self-clean, and auto-off. It comes with three flavor strength control options (mild, medium, and bold) and two temperature control. It has 60 oz water capacity and 8-cup thermal carafe, all housed in this 14.5 x 13.75 x 9.5 inches coffee maker, weighing 10.2 lbs.
- Can really brew strong coffee
- Your coffee stays hot, with temperature control
- Brews fast without compromising the taste
- Carafe seems small, especially if you serve your family
- With self-clean, but still hard to clean manually
- Features might be lacking for its price
You can only enjoy a cup of coffee if it’s extracted at the optimal temperature and still warm until the last drop. Thankfully, KitchenAid KCM802CU Pour Over Coffee Brewer heats water between 198°F -204°F, so you really get the natural taste of your coffee. Like our top product, this too meets standard requirements and has SCAA certification.
Enjoy fresh coffee every morning without the manual process using this coffee maker. Additionally, it has a visual display that shows what the machine is currently doing — from brewing, heating, pouring, and steeping. With automated pour over brewing technology, you’ll enjoy a consistent coffee taste, cup after cup.
Not only that it eliminates manual pour over process, it also has additional perks and features. You can choose from medium and dark roast settings, so you can enjoy the subtleties and flavor of the coffee grounds. It has 24-hour programmability, brew 2-8 cups of coffee, and a compact footprint of 11.3 × 8.7 × 15.1 inches.
- Compact design with three available color options
- Can choose to make coffee between 2 up to 8 cups
- More than its retro-modern looks, it can make great automatic pour over coffee
- Brewing time is longer compared to competitors
- Glass carafe has a plastic lid that may snap on and off
- Construction may not seem so sturdy, it’s shoddy
Check the features of Breville BDC450 Precision Brewer Coffee Maker first before checking its price tag. Made of stainless steel with thermal carafe, this 12.40 × 6.70 × 15.70 inches coffee maker might be the one you need. It’s fully programmable, smart, and provides great-tasting coffee without any compromise.
Temperature, flow rate, and contact time are the three factors that may affect the quality of the pour over coffee you’ll make. This Precision Brewer, however, has digital temperature control, Thermocoil heating system, and three different flow rates so you can get a perfect cup of coffee.
The list of the features goes on and on, but there are just two that stand out. It has auto steep and release technology that prepares only a cup of coffee when a small cup is there instead of the carafe. You also have six brewing presets — Gold, Fast, Strong, Iced, Cold Brew, My Brew — that you can customize to fit your taste.
- Has large brewing capacity and different brewing options
- Enjoy strong and café-quality coffee when you need it
- Customizable and has tons of features
- It’s still pricier compared to the rest of the products on the list
- The features and controls could be overwhelming for some
- Not ideal for smaller space — it’s bulky and tall
A great-tasting coffee can make your day, especially if the process is just a press of a button. That’s right, OXO BREW 9-Cup Coffee maker has simple controls and more features, but keeps its price low. It’s made of stainless steel with a double-wall stainless thermal carafe that can keep your coffee between 197.6–204.8 degrees Fahrenheit.
This has 8.3 × 15 × 17.2 inches body measurements with 7.7 lbs weight. It controls the brewing time, water temperature and coffee volume to give you rich and flavorful coffee, cup after cup. You can prepare coffee between 2-9 cups, and it has a pause and pour feature if you can’t wait to drink your coffee in the process.
Certified by the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA-Certified) you are assured that it’s one of the best. It has a rainmaker showerhead for even saturation of the coffee grounds and a small, intuitive LED interface with a backlit screen for easier use. You can set the wake-up timer and choose when you will enjoy your favorite coffee.
- Holds out water temperature for a better-tasting coffee
- SCAA certified brewer, so you know it’s made with excellence
- Solid construction, thermal carafe is the best
- Less customization, you can only change the coffee-to-water ratio
- Brewing process seems to be slow for some
- Drips when the carafe is removed
If you don’t want to spend several hundreds of dollars, but still hoping to get a great cup of pour over coffee in the morning, Redline MK1 Coffee Brewer is for you. It brews at an optimum brew temperature between 195-205 degrees Fahrenheit and fills a pot in six minutes. In addition, it has simple controls, you can easily prepare coffee in just a press of a switch.
An automatic pour over coffee has a traditional method, which is also used here. The MK1 pre-infuses the coffee grounds to make it ‘bloom’ and eventually extracts the natural oil that makes a great cup of coffee. This 14.60 × 13.70 × 7.80 inches coffee machine has an aluminum alloy body weighing only 7.14 lbs.
Not only that it has a quality build and can pull out the best coffee shot, but it’s also offered with enticing features. It has a high boron glass carafe with an insulated funnel to make the pouring easy. It has a slide-out filter basket for easy loading, a wide-open water tank for accessible refilling, and a hot plate keeping your coffee warm.
- Has a showerhead for uniform pre-infusion of the coffee grounds
- Brews coffee at optimum temperature giving you rich and taste coffee
- Easy to use with one press of a switch
- Doesn’t have programmability and customization options
- Glass carafe seems thin and may be easy to break
- Lack of display and you might need careful monitoring of the process
The Bonavita BV1900TS One-Touch Coffee Maker features one-touch brewing functionality, pre-infusion technology, and optimal brewing temperature at 195°-205°F. Its optional pre-infusion mode evenly wets the coffee grounds to allow degassing before brewing.
This 8-cup brewer comes with a warming plate that keeps your coffee at the perfect temperature for a perfect shot. Made of the best artisan that mimics the pour over brewing method, this machine is a nice add-on to your kitchen. It doesn’t occupy too much space with 12.40 × 6.80 × 12.20 inches dimension and only weighs 6.13 lbs.
It’s made of stainless steel with a durable double-wall stainless carafe. All plastic parts of this machine are BPA-free. The carafe lid, filter basket, and the showerhead are easy to clean and dishwasher safe. To seal the deal, this machine is recognized by the Specialty Coffee Association to be among the best.
- Has a small footprint, ideal for limited space
- Looks sophisticated with just a button-press operation
- With pre-infusion technology that allows coffee grounds to bloom
- Carafe may not keep your coffee hot for hours
- Makes noise during the brewing process
- No programmability options and the pre-infusion mode is manual
With more than 25 years of experience in the coffee industry, Motif, a company in Seattle, gives us its best — the Motif Elements Pour-Over Style Coffee Brewer. Wake up to the aroma of a fresh pot of coffee with this coffee maker. It has a superior water heater so you are assured of a wonderful cup of coffee whenever you need a punch.
With its specially designed showerhead, you are assured of a quality coffee every time. It’s pre-infusion technology releases the unique and natural flavors of the coffee grounds you use.
It’s made of stainless steel with 12 × 12 × 13 inches overall body dimension, weighing at 7 lbs. It has brew through a lid and filter basket so you can remove the carafe in the middle of the brewing cycle to get a taste of your favorite coffee. The 8-cup double-walled stainless steel carafe keeps the freshness and hotness of your coffee.
- Has decalcification sensor that lets you know when to decalcify
- Thermal carafe allows you to taste pretty good hot coffee
- With swing-out brew basket for easy refill
- Not all coffee lovers like its design
- Pre-infusion mode process seems to be quicker to get the maximum flavor
- Water could be too hot, steam comes out at the end of the brewing cycle
A good-quality automatic pour over coffee maker should allow you to enjoy the traditional method. Wilfa Precision Automatic Coffee Brewer not only gives you this wonderful experience, but it’ll also serve fast when you are in a hurry. It has a unique design making it a nice add-on to your kitchen.
You can adjust the flow rate of your coffee, which has precise temperature and water control. Its heating system is capable of brewing your coffee between 97º-205ºF temperature — ideal rating for coffee brewing. It comes with a hot warming plate to keep the carafe at optimal temperature, so you can enjoy a wonderful cup of coffee.
Coffee has almost become a religious ritual to Wilfa and this automatic brewer is a product of over 50 years of their experience in the industry. It has an overall dimension of 14.25 × 8.50 × 14 inches and can perfectly sit under wall-mounted cabinets in the kitchen. Its water reservoir has marked measures to easily determine the water to coffee ground ratio and it’s detachable for easy cleaning.
- Detachable water tank with easy to read measurement markings
- Has a precise heating system that brews coffee optimally
- Adjustable brew temperature and flow rate
- Too much vibrations and the button isn’t that reliable
- Coffee stays warm, rather than hot
- Glass carafe is not that easy to clean
If you need a low-priced, small, compact, and easy-to-use automatic pour over coffee maker, Gourmia gives you its best. The Gourmia GCM3250 Digital Touch Pour-Over Coffee Maker has 11.5 × 7.5 × 6.8 inches dimension and weighs only 2.38 lbs. You’ll enjoy the convenience of manual and automatic modes to prepare your favorite pour over coffee.
At a price everyone can afford to buy, this small yet capable coffee maker has a built-in scale that extracts the right amount of grounds and water for best-tasting coffee. With a ribbed-walled filter holder, you’ll achieve optimal extraction. The most exciting part, this machine is battery-powered, hence, it’s portable and you can bring it anywhere, making coffee, anytime.
This Gormia product is ETL-certified — it’s safe, efficient, and high-quality. Bring out the inner barista in you and make the best coffee of your life every day. Take control of how you make your coffee — enjoy the manual process or bypass the guesswork.
- Portable, lightweight and has automatic functionalities
- Easy to clean and you can easily remove parts
- Has touchscreen controls and ETL-certified
- Doesn’t boil water, so you need to prepare hot water separately
- Low capacity, not ideal to prepare coffee for a group
- You need to buy the battery, it’s not included
Brew like an artisan with Brim 8 Cup Pour Over Coffee Maker. Made and inspired by the best coffee traditions in the world, this coffee machine gives you the convenience of an automatic process without sacrificing the taste and natural flavor of your coffee. It’s made of 18/8 stainless steel and utilizes a permanent fine-mesh filter that is laser-etched to give you optimal water-to-coffee ratio.
As an automatic coffee machine, it has a constant brewing temperature between 197.6°F to 204.8°F for ultimate extraction. Your coffee will stay warm at 176°F without a compromised taste. Additionally, the pulse brewing and showerhead combo gives even water distribution to achieve smooth and delicious coffee.
Measuring 16 × 15.3 × 9.3 inches and weighing 8.53 lbs, this coffee maker can have space on your kitchen counter or office table. Not only that, it’s stainless color and design makes it stand out. Automatically shuts off after 30 minutes for safety and energy saving.
- Brews quickly, so you can enjoy a volume of your favorite coffee
- With permanent filter, you don’t need any paper filters
- Has precise temperature control for consistent brewing
- Machine is easy to clean, except the glass carafe
- Still has plastic parts, so it takes several cleanings to remove the plastic smell and taste
- A bit expensive, though it is worth it
How to Choose the Best Automatic Pour Over Coffee Maker
Now, we’ve come to the best part wherein we are going to cite the things that make an automatic pour over coffee maker great. Of course, since we are unique, we have different preferences. But, these four aspects are very important if you are looking for the best automatic pour over coffee maker.
Just enough controls that help you eliminate the guesswork of preparing pour over style coffee. And, according to Coletti, you must choose a coffee machine that will allow you to control how the water is being poured over the coffee grounds.
Ideal Brewing Temperature
You might have observed that we specify the brewing temperature of the coffee machines we include here. This is because it’s the most essential aspect of preparing the pour over style coffee. You must have a coffee machine that operates at the optimal brewing temperature of 195 degrees to 205 degrees Fahrenheit.
Water Capacity and Size
How many people will you serve? We also include in our comprehensive description of each product the capacity of each coffee maker to help you decide. If you’ll prepare coffee for yourself, you can get the single cup pour over. However, if you will serve your friends and family, or if you’ll use it in the office, better yet, a coffee machine that dispenses a full carafe of coffee.
Thermal Carafe or Hot Plate
You know that most coffee machines have either thermal carafe or glass carafe (with hot plate). Thermal carafe ensures that you have a durable container, your coffee stays hot longer, but you need to pay more.
However, if you will consume the coffee quickly and you want it to be easy to clean, a glass carafe is perfect. And, you won’t spend too much on it said My Ginger Garlic Kitchen compared to thermal carafes.
Since you know what are the things you can find in an automatic pour over coffee maker, we’ll give you a glimpse of how a great pour over coffee is made manually. This YouTube video walks you through the process, the time you need to spend, and the tools you need to have. We add this video to help you decide whether you need to go for a manual or automatic coffee maker.
Our Top Pick
Our course, the first on your criteria for the best automatic pour over coffee maker is the cafe-quality coffee. With the shortened time preparations, you must ensure you can still enjoy a barista-quality pour over coffee in seconds. The Cuisinart CPO-850P1 Coffee Brewer not only prepares your favorite coffee dose in seconds, it also gives you consistent, gourmet, natural-tasting coffee.
Out of the ten products, there’s the Breville BDC450 Precision Brewer Coffee Maker that offers tons of features, but it’s kind of expensive. So, for those who want to enjoy the balance of price, quality coffee, and automated pour over process, still, the best choice is the CPO-850 P1.
Finally, you’ll realize that all the factors and aspects of a great coffee maker we mentioned above are all rolled into one in this machine. No bias — its pros overpowered the cons. This automatic pour over coffee maker from Cuisinart is indeed something to check out and checkout.
Today’s Deal on Our Top Pick
|1||Cuisinart CPO-850 Coffee Brewer, 8 Cup, Stainless Steel||1,032 Reviews||CHECK PRICE ON AMAZON|
|2||OXO Brew 9 Cup Stainless Steel Coffee Maker||2,428 Reviews||CHECK PRICE ON AMAZON|
|3||Cuisinart 12-Cup Replacement Glass Carafe, Black, 12 Cup||14,663 Reviews||CHECK PRICE ON AMAZON|
|4||Keurig K-Cafe Single-Serve K-Cup Coffee Maker, Latte Maker and Cappuccino Maker, Comes with...||21,263 Reviews||CHECK PRICE ON AMAZON|
|5||Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker, Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Brewer, 6 to 10 Oz. Brew Sizes, Black||70,709 Reviews||CHECK PRICE ON AMAZON|